Under the radar" heels?...

ILuvHeels

You don't say what style you have in mind -- a boot or a shoe. I find that a wedge - type heel seems to be more inconspicuous. I wore these most of the day yesterday, making a bunch of stops all over town and nobody batted an eyelash: The heels measure 3 5/8" (9.2 cm) up the back on my size 12's. The brand is "Fitzwell", the style is "Fallara" and the source is Zappos. They are made for a wide calf and do not appear to be available in a standard calf. As a result they are loose around my legs, but I like them anyway.

post-1455-133522865334_thumb.jpg

Have a happy time!

Love the boots. Great heels! I have some custom cowboy boots that I had specially made with 4 inch heels. They are very stylish and comfortable. My wife even lets me wear them whem we go out to a bar. Bernheels

Love the boots. Great heels! I have some custom cowboy boots that I had specially made with 4 inch heels. They are very stylish and comfortable. My wife even lets me wear them whem we go out to a bar.

Bernheels

These are cowgirl boots with a soft heel that doesn't make any noise for those of you who want to be a little quite when you walk. I've even ran in to people from work at the store and they never noticed.

real men wear heels

• 1 year later...

Here are two good reasons to post pics within HHPlace - an older thread with links to Photobucket both of which show the photos have "been moved or deleted"...............will newer members ever know what are being referred to? :o

Johnnieheel:-)

Nice pair of cowgirl boots with a quiet heel. You should be able to wear them anywhere and on any occasion.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I have and I do. Even wore them to church many times.

real men wear heels

Anybody else?

I've written about these a number of times, and written up details of wearing them. Here's a piccy of me about to spend the day at Bluewater.

Wedges are a 'slight-of-hand' when it comes to those around you spotting a higher heel on your foot. These have rubber soles and heels too, and are as quiet even on hard floors, as most mens shoes tend to be. Very discreet.

I've written about these a number of times, and written up details of wearing them. Here's a piccy of me about to spend the day at Bluewater.

Wedges are a 'slight-of-hand' when it comes to those around you spotting a higher heel on your foot. These have rubber soles and heels too, and are as quiet even on hard floors, as most mens shoes tend to be. Very discreet.

Nice heels, very discrete too, if I didn't know you had them on when I saw the picture I would never have guessed. Where did you get them from? Although probably very little chance I could myself a pair...

Where did you get them from? Although probably very little chance I could myself a pair...

Nine West Autumn 2007 season, originally £85.

I bought mine in the 2008 Winter sales, for £42. Worked so well, I bought another 4 pairs before they vanished from the shelves. Yes, £200 on the same style of shoe. As it turns out, my original pair have lasted waaaay longer than I expected. If you are a UK8 [boots marked (US) 10W] I may be able to help ...... :o

Again, you it seems you can NEVER miss with Nine West! Great boots fastfreddy2. As for under the radar heels, in my opinion, the trousers you wear is just as important as the shoes. With a nice boot cut, flair leg, or even a wider leg trouser, the highest pumps can be quite discrete. Just don't set down....

Style is built from the ground up!

The heels posted by fastfreddy are exactly the types of shoes I do in public, I have about 4 pairs of shoes very similar specifically for street heeling. I also have 3 more pairs of chunky block heeled pairs for streetheeling as well, but still are easy to hide under boot cut jeans. I also make sure they are rubber heels or at least covered with rubber on the base of the heel (to avoid the sound).

Recently I bought this pair of Kenneth Cole Reaction "Hyperactive" pumps to wear "under the radar." I have worn them out a couple of time on small errands where there has been a possibility of encountering somebody I know. Though they have a 4 1/4" heel, they have a rubber sole and heel so they are virtually silent, very square toe box, and a high vamp. I wore them with a pair of long boot cut jeans. The first picture is of the shoes, the second is with the pants covering them, the third is with the pants pulled up and the fourth is a closeup of the toe box. I know that these do not exactly meet your criteria, however I thought I would share a successful experience.

post-5655-13352286535_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522865353_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522865356_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522865359_thumb.jpg

Wedges are definitely the least suspicious heels, that's for sure. However, I also had luck with chunkier heels, even with a 2" platform, under long boot cut jeans. With respect to jeans though, even if they completely cover everything when you stand, people might notice the heel when you walk. Also, as men usually don't wear jeans that long, but girls do in order to cover their heels, people might realize that you're in heels as well. So, no 100% answer here, but wedges and long jeans definitely help a lot. But jeans don't help as much if you are wearing peep-toes, girlie-sandals or if you step onto something uneven and fight not to lose your balance :o

Nine West Autumn 2007 season, originally £85.

I bought mine in the 2008 Winter sales, for £42. Worked so well, I bought another 4 pairs before they vanished from the shelves. Yes, £200 on the same style of shoe. As it turns out, my original pair have lasted waaaay longer than I expected. If you are a UK8 [boots marked (US) 10W] I may be able to help ...... :o

Ah yes, I should have guessed they were NW, they do make great styles and in large sizes. I more prefer shoe styles that most women would wear daily rather than fetish/extreme heels and NW do the former very well.

Unfortunately I am a US 12M or a UK10 (I can do UK9 but they pinch), i'm jealous of all you guys with UK8 or lower size feet, it opens you up to a much wider selection. I would have happily bought a pair off you if you had them to spare in the right size.

BTW I'm also in Herts too, I wasn't going to put in my exact location but didn't think there would be anyone from around here :-?

Ah yes, I should have guessed they were NW, they do make great styles and in large sizes. ........

Unfortunately I am a US 12M or a UK10 (I can do UK9 but they pinch), i'm jealous of all you guys with UK8 or lower size feet, it opens you up to a much wider selection.........

I have a pair of them in brown. (Nine West, style: Olamis) I'm really size UK9 and the UK8/US10W (largest size they do) are rather tight round the toes. I ought to get them stretched. Otherwise they are lovely boots and very confortable.

I figure that a chunky low heel with no skin show (boots maybe?) would work very well, since many guy dress shoes these days comes with a heel at the back. or just go for cowboy boots, they got some heel but are made for men :o

breaking social norms is a hobby of mine

Wow i'm usually not into pumps but those look almost like boots in the second pic. Prolly wouldn't event notice until you were walking or sitting.

Just wanted to let everybody know that I was out in the Kenneth Cole shoes and boot cut jeans and the only comments I got was from a fellow customer while was trying on jeans. I tried on a pair of jeans and the clerk asked if she could see. I came out in my bare feet to show her and she asked if hey were long enough for my heels, so I went back in and came out with them on. The other customer, watching all of this said she never dreamed that I was wearing pumps, she thought the were men's boots.

Just wanted to let everybody know that I was out in the Kenneth Cole shoes and boot cut jeans and the only comments I got was from a fellow customer while was trying on jeans. I tried on a pair of jeans and the clerk asked if she could see. I came out in my bare feet to show her and she asked if hey were long enough for my heels, so I went back in and came out with them on. The other customer, watching all of this said she never dreamed that I was wearing pumps, she thought the were men's boots.

what a cool reaction from the sales clerk and customer..... wish i had the confidence to do the same....

I have a pair of knee high wedge boots from Bronx shoes (I think), they are very comfortable, about 3.5" with just about a 1/2" wedge, and pretty much dissapear under jeans depending on the flair/length. Here are a couple older pics of them.

post-488-133522865729_thumb.jpg

post-488-133522865732_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

My only concern with shoes like any of those that have a chunky heel and whatnot is the noise that it will probably make. Does that still count, or is there a way to combat that? :smile: