Night out in London in boots

5inchlover

Thought I would have to tell you about one of the best nights out I have had, in the west end of london the other Saturday, wearing my patent black 5" stiletto heel stretch-fit thigh boots. I also wore a black PVC catsuit and over the top I wore a long coat that went to knee level, so my boots and heels were fully on show below the level of the coat. The collar and front chest part of my catsuit would also have been visible. I decided I was going to go to some bars, and afterwards to a mainstream nightclub where I would have to take off my coat as I went in. This is something I had thought about for a long time and tonight I felt I had enough courage to go for it! I left my house about 7.45pm with a small rucksack slung over my shoulder held with my arm. I was quite nervous as I have only recently moved and had not been out in my boots during normal evening time before. I steadily made my way across to the train station (about 10 mins) keeping my head up looking confident. Through the estate it is quiet and I could hear my boots echoing from the buildings as I walked through. To me it sounded really loud and I wandered how far the sound was travelling. I bought a bottle of water at a local shop on the way. So far not too eventful and evryone seemed to be going about all their business around me. At the train station the ticket counter was closed so I bounght my ticket from the machine which is right on the intersection of the roads, but still not really any comments that I could make out. I was actually starting to feel quite comfortable at this point. I got my ticket and went on to the platform. There were somew rumblings and giggles from people on the oppposite platform as they saw me walk along. On my platform I saw people notice but that was about all. As I got on the train I heard a wolf wistle behing me which I can only assume was directed at me but I didnt turn round. The train arrived at Charing Cross and I walked along the patform and out the station. On the station I heard a few "wow" type comments and my confidence was starting to grow. Just outside the station forecourt I could hear some lads behind me shouting something like "hello treacle" and a few other things. I kept on walking. This was quite negative but I kept going. I walked up towards Leicester Square and in the heavy traffic were 3 party fire-engines full of girls on (I assume) a hen night, leaning out of the window shouting at passers by etc. I glanced at them but they didnt see me to start with. Then they did. To my side I heard at the top of their voices: "F....M....Bs!!!!". This was followed by several compliments along the lines of "Your boots are lovely" etc. Wow! What a rush that was! Although several people were also looking at me as well as the fire-engines. This actually went on for a minute or two as the traffic was only moving at walking pace and we were going in the same direction. But it as all very friendly and I was really beginning to enjoy this!! I went to my first bar on Charing Cross road but this was rather uneventful apart from some exclamations as I first walked in and some smiles from one of the bouncers. I went to anoother pub on Leicester Sq, ordered a drink and hung around. I noticed a group of 4 attractive girls wearing black high-heeled boots so stood about 5 meters from them having my drink. We made eye contact a couple of times as I spotted them spotting me. After about 10 mins one of them came over and said how they had all been admiring my boots. She said how one of the others was actually wearing her boots and that they were over-knee. I said that mine were too and she was quite impressed. She wished me a good night and I returned the compliments too. A few other people noticed me in the pub too but none were negative. As the pub was closing we had to move down to by the door. I decided to stand quite close to the door and 3 young lads came up and said: "you have quite a unique look there". We spoke for a short while and they said how they liked the shiny meterial around my collar area aswell. We spoke a bit about fashions and again bid each other a good night. I walked around Leiceser Sq and found what seemed a reasonable club to go to. A lady was outside with a clipboard and directed me to the queue for non members but it moved very quickly. Inside I had to undo my coat (for the first time) for the bouncer to search me - he chuckled as he did so. I made my way down the stairs in the queue for the cloak room. As I was half way down the lady with the clipboard caught up with me and said that if I experienced any problems just let the staff know because obviously you're quite unique tonight. I thanked her very much for her concern and was genuinely appreciative of this! Arriving at the cloak room the girl said she liked my coat and I said, well, you might also like whats under it then. I took my coat off and she smiled as my catsuit was now in full visibility for the first time. I was nervous again now as I walked in to the club. It was quite dark so I dont know how many people noticed but some did, esp whilst I was at the bar. I wandered round but there was little seating area and I need to rest my feet for a few mins. Most of the seating seemed to be pre-booked but I continued and at one point found myself looking for a seat near the entrance to the VIP area. At this moment, a girl exclaimed out loud (i didnt catch exactly what), grabbed my hand and took me promptly in to the VIP area. She explained it was her 30th birthday and we chatted for a while. She said how great my outfit looked and allowed me to stay in the area and introduced me to her friends (female and male) that were there! I chatted with many of them and danced with several aswell. A couple of the girls were pinching my bum and one part-way undid my catsuit as we did a rather raunchy dance. A few took photos aswell of me, my boots etc. And I was comparing shoes/boots/heels hights wth some of them too. I had to keep my whits about me thats for sure, but it was all very firendly indeed and a total buzz for myself! Eventually we all said our good-byes and I left shortly after them and got a taxi home, getting back around 4am - a good 8 hours in boots! Overall, a nervous night at times but one that ended up being absolutely nothing like what I could have imagined. And the boots/outfit are what did it, although I think my overall ability to hold the look and act confident helped too. Up the boots I say. I write this thinking of what and when my next adventure might be. Maybe I'll wear red instead of black......

5inchlover What an amazing evening. :rocker:

There were somew rumblings and giggles from people on the oppposite platform as they saw me walk along. On my platform I saw people notice but that was about all. As I got on the train I heard a wolf wistle behing me which I can only assume was directed at me but I didnt turn round.

...Just outside the station forecourt I could hear some lads behind me shouting something like "hello treacle" and a few other things. I kept on walking. This was quite negative but I kept going....

Personally, the part of your story that had the greatest impression on me was how well you handled these potentially fearful events with confidence and poise. :biggrin:

It's just another example that:

1. The best way of getting rid of the fear of freestyling is to go out...and do it.

2. Pushing through the fear of freestyling is easier than living with the underlying fear that comes from a feeling of helpless reserve.

3. My theory is that there are many of us who felt fear when approaching freestyling for the first time in life....Yet, those same board members are out there freestyling now--despite their initial fears. Thus, IMHO, fear is not the problem. Its how we receive and interpret it.

It appears you did well on all three. Bravo my friend!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Quite a good night there! I certainly wouldn't go out in a catsuit myself but it sounds like you had a good time and had fun. Very good story.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

5inchlover -

What a great outing and post. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I echo what Heel-D said about going out in a catsuit (just not my style) but more power to you.

It's all about projecting confidence.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

A most impressive story, 5inchlover. Your courage to venture out in public in not just five inch heeled boots, but a catsuit as well was absolutely remarkable! I could never even think about doing something like that! More power to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

That is just tooooo cool of an evening and I can't believe it didn't start WW3 or make the sky fall. What a great time and a real insperation to us all. Thanks!

I can because that evening is typical of what would happen, especially in central London. There are places where only the idiotic or very brave would ever wear anything like that but in the West End you're safe enough.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Never been to london or even off the continent, but I know here in the US not much is a shock to any body any more, at least where I've been and I've been in all 48 states and lived in 11 and if it does shock anyone, the the worst that happens is they shake their head a little and move on. The worst thing I have happen was at Khols dept store when trying on a pair of mary janes. A lady had her little boy and was looking at shoes, seen me walking up and down the shoe isle, looked,whispered "O MY LORD" grabed her son and moved on.LOL. Not saying worse things won't happen but I guess it just depends where you freestyle at and the narrow minded people who hang out there.For the most part there is realy nothing to fear and we need to let the world know that we will wear what we want!

real men wear heels

WOW...that sounds like a great night!!! You're now sharing the rush of free-styling. It is all in our heads ... once you go out the first time, you realize that (a) it is not so hard, (:rocker: people don't really care (and if they do it's their problem), and © it's fun! Kudos to you ... Pam

Thanks a lot for all your great responses. Yes it is very much all in the head, thats for sure. Act confident and you will survive. I have only ever been out in London so I dont know what other cities are like but in the west-end or similar areas, it is very well policed so i actually felt safe and almost proud at one point. Now I remember, whilst walking to the club, I saw the local police look at me and my boots and smile to each other - I saw them and this again actually gave me a sense of security. Around the same time a few lads started looking and pointing at my boots but I just felt safe in amongst the other people on the square that I carried on. Public places have their advantages, thats for sure.

Wow that was an awsome adventure! I bet you felt one heck of a rush while overcoming your fear and actually getting to do what you want. I have been out in some outrageous outfits but only to fetish clubs or on Halloween. I bet it took you a long time to "come down from the high" :rocker: