Celebrate your High Heely post promotion here!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Firefox, would you believe I would even trade my wedges or platforms for your sling backs without hesitation?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

This is just an update, not a celebration. I am at 160 with this post. 40 to go. I think I should have this problem cleared up by Monday for sure. If I can go to the actual site of heels online hre in Calgary and personally pick out a pair of five inch stilettos for my training program, then I will be posting entire threads of celebration, and I will be free from this hell that is the wedge. I prefer The Edge, not wedge, anyway. So cheers to 160, which I should have hit yesterday, but once again, I was busy. Sometimes it is just too easy to talk to a certain person, and time vanishes like a snowman during a strong Chinook.

... but only if the RAF's fleet isn't grounded :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Yes, Chinook, one should drop by for tomorrow. Why is it not here today? Saturday is for going out and doing things, and Sunday should be the cold day with snow, so I can enjoy all of my baking and cooking and what have you. What have I? Pierogies, I hope if tomorrow is a good day. Chinnoks are good, they bring warm weather, melt snow, and allow me to wear the shoes I would wear. Without them, I am stuck with my beat up boots and suffer at three inches. Such is life...

I will have an excellent cottage cheese and potato filling, it tastes wonderful. I made them once, and they were great. Considering I stole a recipie from Martha and made it better (I tend to do that with her recipies) I am quite proud, especially since I got it right my first time. I'm still not going to cooking school. I don't think they allow short skirts and heels for a chef. Baggy striped pants seem to be the rage, matched with clogs. How horrid.

Big tall hats, what does that have to do with cooking? Why are chefs wearing them? A kerchif or a hair net or a simple little hat would do the same trick! Or is it a way for the chefs to be seen over everyone else? Height as status, but instead of heels, they use hats. Well no silly hats for me! The pierogies were wonderful, by the way, and enough were made for a BIG bag to go into the freezer. my bread tastes good, but did not turn out to look as it should. But as long as it tastes good...

I remember when my hair was nearly that long :smile: any longer and I'd be able to wipe my arse with it :roll: unfortunately, work demands meant that it had to be cut B) a very sad day !! but now that I'm not hacking down trees and building revertments and bridges from them I can grow it again B)

And to think, I decided to cut my hair back from mid back to shoulder and then to a bobbish style just a bit longer than my chin. Certainly a different fashion trend than is being touted here. Is there something men find interesting about women with long hair? What does it do? For me, all it did was take forever to try and even longer if I wished to switch my shade of red. 2 boxes of colour is too expensive when I get the whim.

Well, this is it. 200. I am FREE of those freaky wedge things. Wedges are a way to cut vegetables and fries, aka chips. They are used to hold open doors. I suppose some people can use the door stops for shoes, that's great for them. Not for me! 200! Streamers and Balloooooooons falling from the air. And it is another monumental day. Why? Today the search ended, new shoes! So go ready some other section and get an eyefull of type! And you thought I was posting a lot last week???? Look out!

Lauri, I'm sure if you could see a graphic depiction of the number of postings you did over the different time periods since you joined, its shape would look like a wedge. Keeping that rythm up will be difficuld so as from now I expect it will look more like a platform. Please don't attempt to produce a spike. Greetings from Highluc anyway.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Looks like I lost my kitten heels (not practical in winter and inappropriate of a man my age). I'm glad to be on wedges, but am aspiring for a better style on top of that sole (these look good for grandma). I wouldn't be caught dead in those on the streets, but think they would be very practical for home wear.

I've got a pair from Next like those wedges, that I use at home for slippers. Actually they are a bit narrower heel. Congratulations to everyone on their promotions, especially Inga; 4" is always the first big acehivement!

Wow, I hit 200, Inga hit 300, do I need to spend another week of furious posting to get to 300 as well? I am jealous now! I need four inch heels here as well... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laurieheels on 2002-03-06 04:34 ]</font>