Wish there was a place guys could wear heels

Bernheels

Hi Aglo: Thanks for the words of encouragement. I had a great high heel weekend. Wore heels all day on Sunday with nice red thigh highs. I am in the Christmas spirit. Red thigh highs and red heels - sometimes white patent heels. All were 5 inch plus. Felt great. Bernheels

Like Dr1819 says,"Anywhere". Until my recent heart attack, I wore them many different places and had a ball doing so. I have had a few looks, but no personal comments yet. I intend to get back into my heels in the very near future again and do some more streetheeling. The Holidays are coming up quickly and Mickey and I do want to check out the Malls and the decorations for this year. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Like Dr1819 says,"Anywhere". Until my recent heart attack, I wore them many different places and had a ball doing so. I have had a few looks, but no personal comments yet. I intend to get back into my heels in the very near future again and do some more streetheeling. The Holidays are coming up quickly and Mickey and I do want to check out the Malls and the decorations for this year.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yeah! You're back!

Welcome back, Dawn HH.

Even lower heels are still heels! Shhh..., don't tell anyone, but one of my favorite out and about heels are a pair of 2-1/2" block-heeled boots that no one ever recognizes as heels, even when my pant leg lifts when I sit down on the train... And with leather uppers and a rubber sole and heel, I've walked in them for miles, including several 20k volksmarches.

It's great for everyone to say "just go anywhere", but for many of us, it just simply is not that easy. For a 50+ year old man, a bit overweight too boot, to be wearing 4" spike heel pumps in public is just not something those of us living in areas like the midwest u.s. are going to do without batting an eye. In many places, you could probably still get arrested for doing that! I agree that it would be wonderful if there would be a place where one could go and just be yourself while enjoying the sensations of walking about in your favorite heels. I think for most of us, it's just not going to happen. I have worn a few pairs of heeled loafers on the street, but only after dark and not in populated areas. Paranoid? Damn right I am, along with what I would bet are the majority of males that like to wear heels. If the number of high heels sold to men in the US was say 10,000, if you said that 10% of those shoes ever saw the light of day, I'd take the under! So if anyone would like to develop say a shopping mall where on Tuesday nights, shopping would be limited to men in high heels and anyone else that would have absolutely no problem shopping with men in high heels, I'd be sure to shop there! LOL

While I understand your fear, and still get the odd nibble of it myself, you really are less likely to be noticed in well populated areas. If you're one in a crowd, everyone has several hundred other people to be looking at. If there are only two or three, you're going to get a bigger share of their attention. Aside from anything else, public places are safer. There are lots of other people around, not to mention places like malls have security guards who are there to protect people. FWIW I'm 31, six foot tall (without heels) and naturally a large build. I also shave my head and have a goatee, so it's not like I'm being mistaken for a woman! People just genuinely don't seem to care. If you want to stick to wearing heels at home, that's fine. I have some pairs that I enjoy wearing but consider too feminine for public. However if you do want to go out in them, the reasons why not to are largely in your mind. Chris

If any members are to nervous to go public streetheeling alone, then Heelmeets are the answer. There's saftey in numbers! Many shyguys "came out" for the frirst time on Heelmeets, realised that the world doesn't cave in and are now quite happily streetheeling solo in everyday life. In fact we're having a heelmeet tomorrow 16th Dec 06 (see "Real Life Meetings") in London, and Kent is coming over from the States again. Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

It's great for everyone to say "just go anywhere", but for many of us, it just simply is not that easy. For a 50+ year old man, a bit overweight too boot, to be wearing 4" spike heel pumps in public is just not something those of us living in areas like the midwest u.s. are going to do without batting an eye. In many places, you could probably still get arrested for doing that! I agree that it would be wonderful if there would be a place where one could go and just be yourself while enjoying the sensations of walking about in your favorite heels. I think for most of us, it's just not going to happen. I have worn a few pairs of heeled loafers on the street, but only after dark and not in populated areas. Paranoid? Damn right I am, along with what I would bet are the majority of males that like to wear heels. If the number of high heels sold to men in the US was say 10,000, if you said that 10% of those shoes ever saw the light of day, I'd take the under! So if anyone would like to develop say a shopping mall where on Tuesday nights, shopping would be limited to men in high heels and anyone else that would have absolutely no problem shopping with men in high heels, I'd be sure to shop there! LOL

I started with a medium boot..definitely..under jeans and was absolutely terrified the first time I wore them into a drugstore and right back out to my truck..

Posted Image

the floors felt like I was about to fly off my feet onto my "azay" as some might say...and I was convinced every pair of eyes was staring at me..

..but once "safely" back in my truck the sense of wonder and accomplishment swept over me and I have never felt the same...

..choose a heel as low as you feel comfortable (with),

cut and paste..I like these..

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&Width=Regular&ItemCode=55207&LotNumber=050565&Type=Adult&Popularity=145&DescriptiveColor=Tan

cover as much of it as you think prudent and, as Jean-Luc Picard Captain of the Starfleet Vessel "Enterprise" would say "make it so"...and report back to us how it felt...

Best wishes and good luck

Jim

Remember your not doing anything wrong by wearing heels. After all heels were originally mens wear (though we are talking about the 1500's here when they were first used by horsemen to stop their feet slipping!!). Fashion is slowly moving towards more equal choices for men, however in the meantime its simply a question of how confident you feel wearing heel in public. You may think that everyone is looking at you andthere are still plently of bigots out there how will have an issue with seeing a guy in heels, however you are likely to find most people either don't notice or don't care as they are too busy with their own lives.

Ha!!!! I took a delivery Uptown this morning right along South Tryon Street which is right at "The Square" the "crossroads of the Carolinas" where Trade and Tryon Streets cross... ...I parked the truck in a loading zone where trucks and courier vehicles usually park and carried my plans to the architects' place of business about a block and a half away...I did not see one single woman cross my path the entire distance from the truck to the clients' building-front...guys and men alone or standing in groups of two or three...and, men will notice you if you come walking through in a boot with a heel showing...especially with none of the fairer sex in sight to diffuse their attention... ...I just walked on along...but I will tell you I had a bit of the "self-conscious tickles" -you all know...those feelings when we first went out and we thought every one was looking..well, sometimes EVERYONE IS!!! Jim JSpikeheels ...good thing I was wearing the one in the post from a couple days ago-those are the ones I feel most comfortable with showing them off when I want or need to...

I've been doing chunky 3-4 inch rubber heeled boots under long wide leg jeans for ten years in all kinds of situations. I think I could count on one hand the number of times that I've gotten a second look. (Although who knows what happens behind your back...) I agree with those that have said "the busier the better". Now would be a great time to walk the shopping malls with reckless abandon. Everybody else is caught up with last minute Christmas shopping! I still haven't tried stillettos out in public yet...