not such a good response

Secreto

Hi all,

I thought I would go to London today, as I've heard all the positive things that have gone on with everyone. I thought I make the effort and go wearing high(ish) heels and not take any others with me, I also work skinny jeans so the boots were on the outside - I've seen a lot of fashion that knee boots will be in for winter this year, so I thought I'd be ok. I set off this morning and parked up at Earls' court. I got out of the car and walked to the tube station, a few looks, but not a lot, on the tube - off at Kensington High Street. Definite looks, but nothing to worry about - all the shoe shop assistants were happy to help and didn't bat an eyelid. Going good!

Next onto the tube and across to Oxford St... What a disaster constant looks, one woman even stopped dead in front of me and looked like she was going to be sick, she screwed up her face and reeled like I punched her. My confidence collapsed, but I was 4 miles form the car. I decided to head back. I managed to get my jeans over my boots, although you could clearly see the 3 in wedge heel. This made a difference - people noted it and smiled to themselves but no more looks of horror. Anyway back home now and next time I go heeling in London - I'll be much, much more discreet!

Not sure how to attach an image to the new site but here a pic of very similar boots I found on the web (mine are a little lower)

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/50000018/Images/77/53a1019a.jpg

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

Either the woman's reaction was way out of like or you showed her you were not confident and she took advantage of that. I don't see anything wrong with the boots you pictured. This really is a head game. Don't let one unfortunate reaction get to you.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Look right through them or stair right back at them and keep you head up at all times. I get at least one negtive look from people every time I wear heels, these days I could less what people think.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I've had a similar response myself, it seems to be Women who are of that "middle class but think they're upper class" snotty type. She was probably thinking "how dare you?!?!" The reason they react that way is because you've just taken them out of their little box of security. They're so up themselves that they think the world should be exactly as they say it should be. I've had one of these get out of her BMW X5 and walk upto me in a carpark to shout "why have you parked like that???" in a snotty manner (because i'd parked over two spaces on an empty carpark). My response to this was a simple "because im a c*nt", she did'nt know what to say and just walked off a bit red faced. By all means be more discrete if you wish, but whatever you do there will always be people who react in that way, its just a reaction to something they dont approve of. I guarantee you'd get the same response if you did something as simple as getting your nose pierced.

Nice Shoes!!! I have some from Bronx ind light brown! Yes Mikey63 We need to rember 1 thing! (From my experisen) When you go ind and take some from a Girl the often gets offendet by it.. Not like us men when grils take some offe ower stuff, "We don´t care" but the thing "Stay away for MY sthuff" That what i thing!! Secrto.... Greet heals btw!!! Love thos kinde off boots! Mikey63 you are so right!! """By all means be more discrete if you wish, but whatever you do there will always be people who react in that way, its just a reaction to something they dont approve of. I guarantee you'd get the same response if you did something as simple as getting your nose pierced.""" Well some off us here do allsoe look when Gooth...Etc come bye!!! Not don´t mind it, but WE ind here just look and thing what the hell!!

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/

Either the woman's reaction was way out of like or you showed her you were not confident and she took advantage of that. I don't see anything wrong with the boots you pictured.

This really is a head game. Don't let one unfortunate reaction get to you.

DITTO!

If you can't walk in heels - get some practice. If you don't know how to deal with the negative - the word is: Be Large & In-Charge!!! Nobody has a right to rain on your parade and they won't unless you let 'em.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Secreto Considering that I am choosing to be at work in six hours, I should be sleeping, but where do I find myself than none other than the newly immortal hhplace.org?

My thoughts on the woman you encountered on Oxford Street:

In the past I've used an analogy of someone re-booting their pc to describe the experience you had. Since she did not know how to process what she was seeing, perhaps her hard drive needed some new drivers to help her assess the situation. But since those drivers are not so readily accessible for someone as unique as a fashion freestyler (presenting as a man but wearing women's clothes), she had some problems.

Another analogy is that of a citadel. She's stuck in the citadel of limitation. A citadel is a fortress to protect a territory. In this case, the territory of feminine identity. The problem with citadels is, not only do they keep the enemy out, but they keep you in. So theres no room for movement or growth. She's so comfortable and at home with what she thinks is her feminine identity but instead of growing and allowing her sense of self to deepen and widen, she's become imprisoned by an identity that she's grown accustomed to. As a freestyler, you are playing with the traditional feminine role of attracting (by wearing boots like the ones posted) and still maintaining your masculinity. Since thats pretty much unchartered territory for most people, you've got to define that territory for yourself.

Just my two cents.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I hate to quote something that I typed a long time ago, but, I am different.........very different. I just dont care what people think of me. i do what makes me happy. YES I am a pre-op transsexual but nevertheless, I am married for over 10 years to a good looking woman who could have ANY guy she wanted, yet she stays with me. Let me describe myself: I shave my whole body escept eyebrows & Hair I get facial massages at the salon. I get fake acrylic nails I get acrylic put on my big toe ... its sexy. I L O V E pedicures. I paint my toes every color under the sun and also do fench ! I get my eyebrows waxed, Thin and with an feminine arch ... yes i LOVE TO LOOK GAY !!! I fake tan: Bed tan and "Mystic" spray on tan. Use bronzers and Jergens "natural Glow" daily tan builder. I wear anklets, not frilly, dangilly, feminine or fruity. They're masculine looking "chain link" look to it. I wear toe rings. What else to say but GIRLYYYYYYYY ! I have ankle tattoos (supposedly, no self respecting str8 guy would ever have a ankle tattoo I've been told) I have my nipples pierced ...Yes it hurt, plz dont ask I have my navel pierced like a teenage girl I have a lower back tattoo. Not to feminine, but it's cool. Yes they are a only for women, but I dont care what people think. I have both ears pierced, 2 holes on each ear. I usually wear a hoop on the bottom hole, and a diamond stud or gold stud in the hole above the hoop. I have my left nostril pierced and wear a nose stud. Yes again, a guy that wears a nose stud. Either gold stud, or a sparkly diamond, blue, greed or red crystal stud. Ialso match my earrings to my outfits If Iwear a red shirt, I wear red ruby stud earrings. I wear a few rings at a time. I wear a thumb ring on my left hand, a ring on my right index finger and a ring on my right ring finger and/or pinky. I wear those new bracelets for guys called Bangles. They look like a "C". They have a opening and slide over the arm. I wear a little makeup. Very very light, barely noticable. Just to look flawless, not made up. My wife took me to the Clinique counter. A lady matched foundation, concealer, and powder to match my face. And I wear it so light, you cant tell - it just evens my skin out. Plus I wear a medium brown eyeshadow on my eyelid and alight light beigh/brown on my browbone. Light light brown eyeliner pencils, Eyebrow pencil to make my eyebrows look perfect. Clear mascara. Trust me, I look flawless. I am a very good looking guy, and makeup just makes me look flawless. I wear Blistex's "Silk & Shine Lip Protectant", BonneBelle's Lip Smackers all flavors, Mostly Dr. Pepper flavour....mmmmmmmmm lol ! Also wear a nude / natural lip color lipstick and lipgloss (very light) from Clinique. OK I may get some hell for this one, But I swear to you its my exact lip color and gloss is very light - it just gives them a moisturised look. Oh I forgot, I use Almays "Lip Tint" * Neutrogenas Lip products I wear bright color shirts, every color, baby blues, purple, olive green, red, and even pinks. I have those "slide sandals" in just about every color. And If I couldnt find them in a color i wanted, I bought a pair of black ones and had them died to match a particular shirt. Yes I have my shoes died to match my clothes. I wear some of my wifes CK Eternity. Guuci Envy Me perfumes, Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime lotions and body spray. I have sunglasses to match every outfit. If im wearing a red shirt, I'll wear red lens sunglasses, purple shirt - you got it...sunglasses with purple lenses...Yes so very gay, but oh well, I just dont give a sh_t. I have a different cologne for every day of the week. I have belts to match all of my shoes. SO BE YOURSELF ! HAVE CONFIDENCE ! DONT CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK ! Ciao, Melyssa Anne

• 2 weeks later...

Re-booting their PC, Citidels, and fashion rules...

Just my two cents.

I'll give you a buck and a quarter for your two cents, kneehighs!

People who've been exposed to a wide variety of experiences, cultures, fashions, etc., are much more accepting than those who've been exposed to much narrower and rigid norms. I've had admins on Wikipedia staunchly defend "men wear pants, not skirts!" Call it what you want - sarong, pareo, tunic, kilt - looks like a skirt to me, and all are male garments worn by about 1/3 of all men around the world (under more than 70 different names I've been able to find).

Men in heels? "Horrifying!" Unless you're living in the 1600s, in which case you would think it's normal.

Fashions have a way of coming, going, returning... I see a time when period fashions begin to be mirrored in modern fashions. Perhaps that'll be a time when heels for men become more prevalent.

In the meantime, I'll continue to applaud the likes of Gaudet, even though his attempts at pushing the envelope often backfire because he's a little outlandish.

At least his Metropolitan Museum of Art exhibit, "Men in Skirts" was a hit, and I think gave a huge push, as I've run into two more men wearing skirts, one at another nightclub, and another I spotted at a distance in the airport about a month ago.

Hi Secreto! I do so much hope that negative experience doesn't put you off the further delights of street-heeling! I'm very surprised at the reactions that you received, because those of us who often streetheel along Oxford Street (sometimes individually and sometim es in numbers of ten to twenty at the Heelmeets, and usually in more spectacular heels than your mid-height wedges) have in recent years been getting increasingly less negative reactions, and increasingly more positive and encouraging positive reactions - even people enthusing about our shoes/boots and asking where we got them. Sadly, I think you just had bad luck on the day - but keep it up, whatever you do! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Please don't let that bad experience put you off. People will look, but most of it isn't negative, it's just that you don't see guys in heels every day. Last week was the first time I've seen a heeled guy and it came as a surprise to me! A couple of years ago there was an interesting thread that ran and ran. ~Worst and best experiences when wearing heels. I'm not sure how to link to it on the new forum - I had a sticky experience which is recorded on P12. But there's something about the freedom that wearing heels gives you just makes me want to carry on.

There is only person who matters, you. You have the right attitude, do what makes you feel good and right. Heck, its only clothing!

david

Well much as though it wasn't the response I was after - I isn't going to stop me!

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"