First "Proper" Heel Outing

heelyandy

Hi I thought I'd share with everyone my first outing in heels. Nothing exciting compared to some, but its my first proper outing with other people around :evil: Previous outings have been in isolated places only. Anyway, this morning I decided that today would be the day, so on the way in to work I stopped in a layby, took off my shoes (normal, boring mens shoes) and put on my boots (black leather, rounded toe, 4" high thicker stiletto heel, size 8 (UK), shafts pierced with small holes to reveal silver underneath with the tops of the shafts curved from back to front (low point front & back, high point in middle of sides, bought last year in Marks & Spencer :D ). I made sure I was wearing a pair of very long trousers which pretty much hide the heel (and the rather nice silver circles and curved tops)!! I drove on (driving in heeled boots is a lot easier than I expected (this wasn't my first time) as long as the boots have a flexible ankle :D ) I arrived at work and went in, making sure to walk on my toes in the tiled hallway (I didn't want to attract too much attention from colleagues) then went about my normal business. Anyway, we needed some milk for the morning tea, so I went to get it from the petrol station at the local Tesco supermarket about 200 yards away. I enjoyed the "clonk" of my heels on the pavement (rubber/plastic tips, so not a metallic "clack") but also felt a little nervous that the noise would attract attention. I also felt that I was walking a little "wiggly". Anyway, no one said anything and I wasn't aware of anyone stopping in their tracks and staring ;) , but on the way back I did hear a car horn, although I didn't look round and it probably wasn't directed at me :D I'm now back in the office, still in my boots :) and feeling kinda pleased with myself (and my feet are getting quite hot) :D:D

Way to go Maudgca, You certainly picked a warm day to wear boots. Mine are having a nice snooze in the wardrobe until it gets a lot cooler. Post later on to tell us how the rest of today went for you. Remember, just be natural and as to the noise, decent guy shoes, with leather soles and heels with just a rubber heel protector (not the horible moulded sole/heel type that are not intended to last) clack away just as much. Have a happy heely day. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Maudgca: Congratulations! I think my first time I had many of the same observations. In general, most people just don't seem to notice/care and that is so hard to believe until you actually experience it because I was always so nervous and self conscious, as you can imagine. Keep us posted. Wineanddine

Hi again

I'm afraid to say I chickened out at lunchtime and put my "normal" shoes back on :evil:

There were a number of reasons. First, I had to go into town, and this early in my public heel wearing "career" I thought maybe that was bit much, secondly, I noticed on this morning's outing that I couldn't walk as fast in heels as in "normal" shoes, and I like to get in and out of the town centre as quick as possible, and thirdly, well... I'm just a bit of chicken really :D

One good thing though, I called in at the post office, and a pair of boots I ordered last week had arrived :D These are they (hope this works :) ):-

http://www.pleaserusa.com/pic/seduce-2013-RLE.jpg

Hopefully, if everyone on the office goes home early (there's only 3 of us) I'll try them on later and drive home in them :D

PS - I'm also waiting for a pair of Seduce 2002 boots as in this thread:-

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=6648&highlight=seduce+2002

I ordered them at the same time as the 2013s, but they didn't have them stock so I'm waiting for them to cross the Atlantic (being rubber, they should float :D ) I like rubber riding boots, but oddly hadn't ever thought of rubber stiletto boots until I saw those :D;)

I appreciate that everyone’s situation is unique but this is the first time I have read of a “first outing” of “going to work”. In my situation, work is one of the few places I don’t wear heels or boots. I wonder if you would elaborate a bit on your work environment. I disagree with your comment, “I chickened out at lunchtime and put my "normal" shoes back on”. Wearing the appropriate clothing/footwear is not a matter of bravery, it’s good taste and common sense. If heels/boots aren’t appropriate at the time, don’t wear them. If they are, go for it. It sounds like your having fun, please let us know how it goes.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi My work environment is a small office (just 3 of us here) in a building (a largeish old house) with other offices occupied by various different companies. I'm sitting behind a desk most of the time, so my feet are hidden. :D The only issue is the tiled corridor outside the office door, we have another office on the other side of this corridor (a meeting/store room) and I have to go along it to get to the toilet and kitchen. Not wanting to alert everyone to my footwear, I tiptoed across the corridor when necessary :evil: (If I keep posting at this rate, I'll soon be out of that "comfy loafer" :D )

Hey-hey! Way cool! Of course no one notices my 3" block rubber-heeled boots, but hey - they look like men's boots except for the higher heel. My 4" heeled boots are more noticeable. Last night I went for an extended walk to the local castle (about a mile away) wearing long jeans and my 4" cork-wedge-heeled sandals. A bit daring, and I passed exactly no one. Just a few cars on the street, that's it. Boring, except for the fact that my jeans kept riding up and the hems would get caught between my heel and the sandal. I wound up with pre-blisters (not quite, thank you!) on both heels. On the way back I just rolled my pants up and stopped trying to hide the heels, as it was too painful!

Hi

My work environment is a small office (just 3 of us here) in a building (a largeish old house) with other offices occupied by various different companies. I'm sitting behind a desk most of the time, so my feet are hidden. :D

The only issue is the tiled corridor outside the office door, we have another office on the other side of this corridor (a meeting/store room) and I have to go along it to get to the toilet and kitchen. Not wanting to alert everyone to my footwear, I tiptoed across the corridor when necessary :evil:

(If I keep posting at this rate, I'll soon be out of that "comfy loafer" :D )

Hi maudgca,

I'm also astonished about your first outing in the office. I never had dared this! I started my "high heels carreer" in the more usual way: after practising on the carpet at home first secrete excursions late in the night. Afterwards my outing at broad daylight in a near by big town. Then at the CSD and in the main shopping mall of my hometown Frankfurt. And finally in the neighbourhood of my quarter. Meanwhile I'm doing my daily purchases on high heeled boots as if it were the most normal footwear for a guy! But I have never dared to wear higher heels at work than 3'' cowboy boots. I'm a free lancer in software development. By the way I had also to accustom my customers to my tribal tattoo and my lip ring ...

My philosophy: always step by step and in small portions :D

micha (*reckless in his free time*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Last night I went for an extended walk to the local castle (about a mile away) wearing long jeans and my 4" cork-wedge-heeled sandals. A bit daring, and I passed exactly no one. Just a few cars on the street, that's it.

Last Thursday I offered to go and get the groceries as I happen to be off work at the moment, a long story. Well I coudnt resist the opportunity and decided to wear

Posted Image

with jeans and a t-shirt.

Although they may look a little conservative with round toes they are nearly 4 inch heels and I really felt the difference walking across the car park to the store. My hips just seemed to do their own thing and I definetly had a sway in my walk. Got just 1 look from a passing female shopper and she smiled back. Anyway, as I was making my way round the store one older lady approached me and asked 'If she could borrow my height' an interesting phrase, she seemed quite animated and I am sure/hope she noticed as did a few more female shoppers. By the end of the visit my toes were starting to ache a bit as the edge of the toe box was rubbing on the base of my big toe.

The last few dozen yards to the checkout were a little less than graceful, I was hoping that the next customer in the queue would shield me from the gaze of other shoppers. Wouldn't you just know it, as I finished unloading the trolley they decided to shut the till and I was left fully exposed. Lucky me.

Last night I needed to go to the post box and post a few letters, I persuaded my SO to come with me and calmly wandered the 70 yards to the post box wearing

Posted Image

with jeans. You are absoultly right, the jeans bottoms do seem to catch on the sole of the shoe and rub under ones heel. Guess I will just have to be braver and roll up my trouser legs a bit next time.

Hi

I couldn't resist any more, so I went out in my boots again today :D I left the office, got the boots out of my car and put them in a carrier bag, went into town to do what I had to do, then I made my way to the local railway station, sat on a low wall in the car park and changed into the boots. Unlike last week's outing, I had slightly shorter trousers on this week, so more of the heel could be seen :D

I went for a wander around local, quiet roads, near the railway so as not to miss any passing trains ;) . After last week's outing, and the (perceived) noise from the heels, I bought some stick on rubber soles and stuck pieces to the heels last week. Nice and quiet... for about 200 yards when my right boot started to go "clomp". I stopped and looked and the rubber I'd stuck on was hanging off :evil: so I pulled it off, and the one on the left boot, and carried on :( Somehow they didn't seem as loud as last week anyway :D (and I like the sound :D )

After a bit of wandering (and 1 train) I saw a group of school kids approaching so I turned round and walked off, deciding it was time to take the boots off, so I found a quiet spot by a house, put my shoes back on and made my way to the railway station. I'd had the boots on for about 15 minutes and 2 or 3 people passed along with 2 or 3 cars. I didn't notice any reaction :D

After a while at the station, I had the urge to put the boots on again (there weren't many people on the platform I was on) so I went into an empty waiting room and put them on again :D . I wandered off along the platform to the end, but... HORROR :o as I was wandering back, three railway workers were walking the other way :D In my mind I perceive a group of (say) railway workers, builders or school kids to be more likely to make some comment than (say) a lone businessman, so I was somewhat nervous and tried to hide my feet behind a post with a phone on :D until I decided that was ridiculous :D and looked a bit suspicious, so I decided to face them and started to walk towards them :) They didn't say anything to me, but as I walked along I kept looking back "to see if any trains were coming" :D and they did seem to be looking towards me, but they were also looking at some papers on a clipboard, so they may have just been trying to decide what they were supposed to be doing :D (and if they did see me, who knows, maybe I'll have inspired one of them to have a go in heels :D )

I then wandered back to the waiting room and changed back into my shoes. I also took a photo of the boots, on the floor of the waiting room, so you know what they're like :D

Posted Image

I seem to have gone on a bit, hope I didn't bore you too much :D

Andrew

PS - If everyone in the office goes before me, I intend to put them on again later :D

Bore us? Not at all. We've all been there and it gets easier with time. :evil: Great story. It goes to show you can wear your shoes out in public without much issue. I've certainly had double takes but you learn to live with them and only then can you really enjoy freestyling and streetheeling. Remember, it's about the whole outfit rather than the shoes themselves. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures. :D

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Hi

My work environment is a small office (just 3 of us here) in a building (a largeish old house) with other offices occupied by various different companies. I'm sitting behind a desk most of the time, so my feet are hidden. :D

The only issue is the tiled corridor outside the office door, we have another office on the other side of this corridor (a meeting/store room) and I have to go along it to get to the toilet and kitchen. Not wanting to alert everyone to my footwear, I tiptoed across the corridor when necessary :evil:

Sounds like the situation is ripe for wearing a cork wedge sandal (quiet) while keeping a pair of low/flat clogs handy for those occasions when clients are around.

I used to work in a similar office setting. While I'd just shuffle between my zip ankle boots with a 4" heel and my professional clogs, the trouble took all of about ten seconds to go back and forth.

By the way, maudgca, I really like the boots!