purse

Cis

Do any of you guys carry a purse or ever thought about it? I'm thinking about it. I hate carrying stuff in my pockets, and as long as I'm in heels anyway I'm thinking maybe take it just that one step further.

I think you could pull off almost any purse. As long as the shoulder strap was long and the purse was carried as a messenger bag, no problem. You'd probably be the only one that knew it was a "purse"

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

"Manbags" are quite fashionable here in the UK. I've seen quite a few guys with these messenger / courier bags - particularly in Brighton, but also in London.

I think they look very smart, and not at all feminine.

I'm talking about the smart flat rectangular shoulder strap type, worn with the strap diagonal from the opposite shoulder. A bit like this picture, but plain black and less causal. The best looking ones are more flat and leather (a bit like a flap top briefcase on a shoulder strap) but I couldn't find a picture.

Posted Image

Edit: This is more the kind of bag I mean.

Click here for an article about manbags.

However, if you're talking about about a full on woman's handbag, then it depends on the kind of look you want to achieve.

Yes, I've done that before. It's usually of necessity because skirts don't have the luggage capacity. You can then start to play the co-ordination game with bag and shoes. One thing I have done is to wear all black, but with a red pair of boots and a matching bag. I was hoping to do it on our forthcoming lunch trip to London, but the weather looks as it will be too warm. (We seem to be in for an Indian Summer in the UK this year.) Another thing that can be done is to carry a portfolio. There are some quite good ones in tan, which, of course, can match your tan boots, which themselves contrast well with jeans. Xa

Well, lessee here: in reality men have carried such items for centuries - only they weren't called a "purse". But who hasn't seen men carrying around a: 1] satchel; 2] briefcase; 3] attache case; 4] portfolio; 5] backpack; 6] lunch pail? And of course, this says absolutely nothing about the Scots who have worn sporans with their kilts (among other things) for centuries. American cowboys were known to carry their saddlebags (on occasion), doctors, salesmen, bankers and service men of all types have carried around all sorts of bags, and even the suitcase goes back a long way. So the problem arises when you attach the name "purse" to the item. But in reality men have been carrying around all sorts of similar items for centuries. Now I will admit that the design of kilts and skirts often does not admit for carrying an abundance of objects (if indeed, there are any pockets at all) thus necessitating the use of a handbag of some sort. So why not just call it that, or portfolio, or some similar name and be on your way?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

"Manbags" are quite fashionable here in the UK. I've seen quite a few guys with these messenger / courier bags - particularly in Brighton, but also in London.

Indeed. Here's a few outfits of mine where I carrying a bag:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(I'm wearing Oprington wedge boots in this last pic.

I'll post some close up shots of my bags later on, but you get the idea for now. Lots of guys have these bags now and I've had no real comments apart from family members asking me if it's a handbag (or purse as my American aunt says!). I say with this kind of bag - do it!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I'll post some close up shots of my bags later on, but you get the idea for now. Lots of guys have these bags now and I've had no real comments apart from family members asking me if it's a handbag (or purse as my American aunt says!). I say with this kind of bag - do it!

I hate to tell you this, but some of those pix are so dark that I really can't see much of anything. Before you post any more pix, how about some contrasting clothing and bringing the candle power?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I hate to tell you this, but some of those pix are so dark that I really can't see much of anything. Before you post any more pix, how about some contrasting clothing and bringing the candle power?
I know it's crap camera so not all the detail comes out well. Must purchase a new one. I'll see what I can do...

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Try adjusting the contrast and brightness of your monitor, as I can see them just fine. :evil:

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Try adjusting the contrast and brightness of your monitor, as I can see them just fine. :evil:

Hey thanx, Shafted; I neva thought of that! Now lessee here, is that the control in the metal cage in the back that's marked "HIGH VOLTAGE Do Not Touch"? Or did you want me to do sumptin with that funny-looking glass thing that has a glow inside? Oh, did I mention this goofy lookin red wire that looks like an ignition wire to my car? Maybe you'd like me to do sumptin with that? BTW - What do they mean by 20KV?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

You should be able to adjust it by accessing the monitor's menu utilizing the front panel buttons located under the screen on most monitors.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

hiiii

well i actually use for everyday's activities a sporty purse here's the link

http://www.kappastore.com/IT/colori.asp?Brand=S&Style=001E4&version=0&Team=+++&IDMagazzino=1&IDReparto=43&IDCategoria=0016&IDSD=0469&IDPurpose=43&IDSquadra43=0

(this shop is in my hometown and it has some nice things)

but i use more elegant or sophisticated ones for the evening... my favourite brand is furla http://www.furla.it

time to go

cheers

valeria

I have a black clutch purse (one with no straps that you hold in a hand). It is fairly plain black, so it looks OK for a guy. In Europe it never gets any stares. People there seem to be used to guys carrying hand purses. In the US I never see that.

Yeah, we Yanks are a bunch of sticks in the mud. We've probably got more hang-ups than a room full of cuphooks. :evil:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Talking of hang-ups, what is this "man-bag" thing? Is there a need to add the word "man" to every object to distinguish it from the womens version? If it's a bag, it's a bag. If it's a purse, it's a purse. Or maybe, we should start wearing man-heels, man-skirts, man-blouses, etc, etc ...

Steady on! you'll be gettin on to MUGs in a minute!

I know a couple of guys who carry a little bag - and occasionally they get the piss taken out of them - but they I suppose have the sort of character that a lot of us here have. They've decided for whatever reason it's a convenient way to carry all their crap around and don't worry about what people say.

From my point of view, I'd be worried that I'd either leave the thing somewhere, or put it down and it would get stolen. I use a tiny little purse - (english use of the word) - that can take a couple of credit cards and a wad of cash. It's small enough to go in the front pocket of most trousers without showing.

If I'm just nipping out somewhere I usually only take my wallet, keys and phone which comfortably go into my pockets. If I need to carry anything else (hat and gloves for example) I use a smallish daysack. I've jokingly referred to it as my handbag a couple of times, and I suppose it is really. Chris

The closest I've gotten to a purse is a laptop computer tote or a briefcase. Not very close-lots bigger in fact.

I dunno. Some of those bags the gals are carrying these days could hold a laptop or a notebook. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they start coming down with some kinda muscle strain. :evil:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels