Dominant vs. Submissive: Visual signal of heels

Wolfgang

There's quite an interesting essay behind the pictures. It's special and often richly decorated examples of items get preserved for the future. Thinking about today, the shoes that people wear out, get worn out. There will be proportionately more of the shoes that people don't wear surviving. I wonder how many extreme heels will be around in five hundred years and what will historians make of them? And will college kids write essays about them?

OF Course!, of course, some Indiana Jones type will uncover a thrift store somewhere and find a pair of stripper's heels with about a 9" heel and a 5" platform and conclude (from the size 6 shoe) that we were all about 62 inches tall so in order to enhance our size and appearance, along with our aggressive tendencies, we all stomped around in such footwear. If they should happen to find the stripper's cache of shoes - BONANZA! That proves the entire theory; write their paper, case closed.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

You can walk in pretty much any kind / height of heel, you just need to want to badly enough to practise. :evil:

Chris

Haha, I can walk in any height heels as long as they're clonkety and don't affect my stride length too much. I have a pair of pointy shoes and I can only stand to wear them to walk around the house to amuse myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I can walk in any height heels as long as they're clonkety and don't affect my stride length too much. I have a pair of pointy shoes and I can only stand to wear them to walk around the house to amuse myself.

Wolfie, you go girl! I've got about 3 pairs of pointy stillettoes (the reason I spell it with 2 l's is because sometimes they're **ll to wear) and it's just about certain I'll never wear 'em out. About once every other month I try 'em on just to remind myself that they still fit.

But please don't go back to the chopines.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

While I have got a pair of two of clonkety heels, I barely wear them. 99 times out of 100 I'll go for either a stiletto or something approaching it, and I much prefer pointy toes. That said, as a guy I'm expected to wear clonkety shoes all the time, so there's more appeal in going for something spiky when I wear heels.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Wolfie, you go girl! I've got about 3 pairs of pointy stillettoes (the reason I spell it with 2 l's is because sometimes they're **ll to wear) and it's just about certain I'll never wear 'em out. About once every other month I try 'em on just to remind myself that they still fit.

But please don't go back to the chopines.

Don't worry, no chopines.

I wear my stillettos around the house, but I wouldn't dare wear them to school where I have to carry a stack of books approximately 25-30 lbs [3 notebooks, a big 3-ring binder, a big history book, smaller chemistry and psych books, a planner, and a graph calculator] and walk down stairs a lot.

Besides, I'm a little too insecure in school to wear them.

• 2 weeks later...

kinda intresting heigh of ancient heels:) i wonder how womans gone into houses:D and how they gone trought rooms:D thats how high ceiling has they houses...

every human has they own choices...

kinda intresting heigh of ancient heels:)

i wonder how womans gone into houses:D and how they gone trought rooms:D thats how high ceiling has they houses...

Well, the average house or apartment has 8' ceilings these days. (That's about 2.5 m.) However, some of our older buildings have quite high ceilings, indeed. 100 years ago it was not uncommon for buildings to have rooms with 10' and12' ceilings (3 to 3.5 m). So even in 7" heels, Scarlett O'Hara would have had no problem in the "big house".

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

i was saw houses where they wall heigh is above to 5m, but they are realy old ones;) i live in old world where allmost 1/2 is houses older than 100-200years :rocker:

every human has they own choices...

Is this spam?

Hi Johnie

When asking is something spam, would you mind using the quote button or giving us an indication as to what your asking about? (Post number or quote)

Otherwise we end up having to post more off topics asking which your referring to??

Thanks mate

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i've not commented before. women in heels tend to appear more dominant and more powerful to me than women who don't wear heels. but the amount is not very much. sexy women are more dominant in appears to me also however.. the appearance and actually being dominant is two different seperate things that i've not linked nor want to link. the only time a woman in heels looks more submissive is when her ability to walk about is highly restrained and limited (as in a woman in heels much taller than her ability). granted i would love to see a lot more women in 6 inch (not realistic at all)... that image can be very dominant looking and very powerful looking with the right outfit with it. bottom line.. the more comfy you look in your heels.. the more you look dominant compared to one who isn't.. who looks submissive. to me.. the distinction stops at the appearance level. RPM

...bottom line.. the more comfy you look in your heels.. the more you look dominant compared to one who isn't.. who looks submissive.

to me.. the distinction stops at the appearance level. RPM

:rocker: Well unh:w00t2:, pardon me, but I thought it was all about appearance.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

i've met one fella who took it beyond just the appearance and also one gal who did.. it's like to her.. she steps into the role with her heels... and becomes more dominant in behavior with her heels. to him.. high heeled gals were treated automatically as more submissive even if they weren't. to him.. only submissive women wore heels..and he truely believed that. hence why i said that to me the distinction stopped at the appearance. ur one funny lady Guy N Heels RPM

i've met one fella who took it beyond just the appearance and also one gal who did.. it's like to her.. she steps into the role with her heels... and becomes more dominant in behavior with her heels. to him.. high heeled gals were treated automatically as more submissive even if they weren't. to him.. only submissive women wore heels..and he truely believed that. hence why i said that to me the distinction stopped at the appearance.

ur one funny lady Guy N Heels

RPM

Thank you, my wife agrees. :rocker:

Still, I cannot help but believe that there is a subliminal mssg of dominance being transmitted through high heels. I can still remember one time when I was at my girlfriend's house and her Ex showed-up with his girlfriend. My GF received them and then quickly disappeared. In a few minutes she returned wearing makeup, flashy earrings, and the tallest heels she had in her closet. Her unspoken mssg was clear - "I'm in charge around here, and anything you want to do has to go past ME!" I loved her for it, even though I know she didn't do it for my benefit.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 3 weeks later...

I like wet and messy, too, but only as it applies to mudpies I'm making with my son (who's a bit beyond that, now) or my neighbor's kid (who's not - he loves mudpies!)

If the kiddies are making mudpies you'd best let 'em know who is going to be the dominant and who is going to be submissive, before it's too late. :wink:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Yeah, mudpie the little sucker now.. before he grows up bigger than you! :wink:

Chris

That's RIGHT! If don't assert yerself early-on, you might be the one playing in the mud. As Chester Riley would say, "What a revolting development this is!":censored:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...