Dominant vs. Submissive: Visual signal of heels

Wolfgang

I don't wear heels often - first because I don't have much money to buy the kind I'd really like off the net just yet, and second, I don't want to be confused by a submissive or even dainty female. That would be false advertising since I am clearly, IRL mainly, a quite dominant female-creature [kind of almost a masculine flavour to me - forceful and bold, but I don't say much] What are some styles that might possibly advertise my personality accurately, or some associated with dominant women? However, it's got to be something wearable :evil:

No footwear denotes more power in my book than stiletto boots. Never mess with a woman in stiletto boots, unless of course you are willing to pay the price. The higher the shaft the better.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

While I love the thigh boots on Shafted's avatar (called Ally or something aren't they, can't seem to find them on Google right now), I believe the most dominant type of boot is something like a pair of Slave Trainers found on pierresilber.com's website. Although the design they have now is somewhat different, the platform, high sculpted heel (5" in the original style) makes for a very tough look when worn with black clothing I find. Not "hookerish" at all. The "Easy" boots have a whole different look to them. This is my opinion of course! The chrome heel stilleto knee boots have a similar effect on me. Think about it though, would you want to be stood on by one of those if you disagree with your dominant half? :evil:

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

While I love the thigh boots on Shafted's avatar (called Ally or something aren't they, can't seem to find them on Google right now),

Right you are, and yes I do have a pair of those. They are the first high heels I ever purchased. I learned on on those puppies.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

In light of the fact that high heeled footwear was first developed for riding/mounted military combat, it is doubtful that any kind of high heels can ever be totally disassociated from the authoritative image of military power. But certainly, nothing exudes this image more than the stilletto heel - particularly the stilletto boot! Over the years many women have made efforts to "dress down" this powerful authoritative image with things like espadrilles, cork wedgies, flowery accents and so on. But the very nature of high heels transmits a subliminal message of power. Question: What kind of image would we retain if the NAZIS (ergo, Hitler, Himler) wore high heels?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, if you feel powerful/dominant wearing heels, you will look powerful/dominant wearing them, if you feel submissive wearing heels, you will look submissive. It's in the 'aura' you exert.

Excellent point, Trolldeg. But in my personal opinion, most heel wearers tend to exude a more assertive aura than when they aren't wearing heels.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

So would that explain why "submissive" women actually would be opposed to wear stilettos? I actually hope it's not this outspoken. I mean: I hope theres women who don't really want to dominate me and still wear high heels for the beauty and sensuality of it....

While high heels play a part in dominant / submissive roleplay, for most people they're just nice shoes. Wolfgang, if you want to wear stilettos go for it, and just choose the pair you like. No one's going to look at your feet and think: "Ah, high heels. She must like to be tied up." If you can walk confidently in your heels you're unlikely to project a submissive or vulnerable aura. That said, there's a reason why dominatrices are often portrayed in black leather boots. :evil: Chris

I believe it's more a matter of who's wearing it. The high heel gives height and a slower gait which makes a dominat person appear more powerful while high heels "cripple" an already weak person makiing them more submissive. Just a matter of viewpoint.

:rofl: well, I think that you would look kind of silly if you were GOOSE-STEPPING in them!!

Oh YEAH? I guess you haven't seen the Radio City Rocketts lately - (now that I think about it, neither have I.)

Nevertheless, if you ever see the Rocketts do their high kick routine you'll retract that statement for sure. So just imagine a bunch of Nazis marching through the main aisle of Nuremburg Stadium suddenly locking arms and going into that high kick routine with the goose-step flavor. Bettcha never thought of that!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

that just made me think of my school's majorette's high-step marching in heeled boots. ...not really high heels, maybe 2 inches, but that's pretty high for a heel that's meant to be seriously walked on [sometimes parades have lasted for over an hour]. Hah, I wish my position in the band allowed for high-step marching, but I can't dance or twirl :evil: What are some good sites to find shoes on? I don't really know of any that don't have goth or fetish shoes.

that just made me think of my school's majorette's high-step marching in heeled boots.

...What are some good sites to find shoes on? I don't really know of any that don't have goth or fetish shoes.

Well, I can think of about 10 or 12 right fast, but without knowing where you live I'm hesitant to suggest them. Why don't you just plug High Heels or Shoes into your search engine and see what you come up with?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, I can think of about 10 or 12 right fast, but without knowing where you live I'm hesitant to suggest them. Why don't you just plug High Heels or Shoes into your search engine and see what you come up with?

I live in rural pennsylvania.

The search results I get with that are usually the same fetish shoes, or sites with shoes over $100.

I live in rural pennsylvania.

The search results I get with that are usually the same fetish shoes, or sites with shoes over $100.

Try some of these:

www.beverlyheels.com/incEngine/

www.classicpumps.com/

www.dazzlingheels.com/

www.dimoutshoes.com/

www.electriqueboutique.com

www.highheelspassion.biz.ly/

www.pierresilber-highheels.com/

http://highheels.4t.com/sandals5.htm

www.heelsforyou.com/

www.sexyshoes.com/

www.snaz75.com/

www.veronicas.com/

and my personal favorite:

www.italianheels.com/cgi-bin/show.pl?categoria=slippers〈=en

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wolfie, Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to ya. But I hope those sites I directed you to have helped. One other one I should have mentioned is Overstock.com. They seem to buy in batches and seldom have the larger sizes we guys are looking for. But they often have some good looking women's shoes, as well as clothing, at reasonable prices. From the selections you posted, you seem to like the chunky heels and rounded toes. A little retro, but that's okay.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Idunno. Pointy toes look nice, but they're very uncomfortable to balance in - okay around the house, not good anywhere else. As far as chunky shoes and platforms, I can wear anything no matter how high; and the heels tend to look higher than they actually are because though the heel itself is 5 inches, the difference between the heel and platform migh only be 3-3.5 inches, which I can walk in with no problems.

Okay, so now I'm green with envy. But the beauty of plats is that they tend to take the strain off the feet, no matter how high the heel. Still, I seriously hope that they don't bring back chopines.

Haha, chopines...

These are okay

Posted Image

These are bizarre

Posted Image

There's quite an interesting essay behind the pictures. It's special and often richly decorated examples of items get preserved for the future. Thinking about today, the shoes that people wear out, get worn out. There will be proportionately more of the shoes that people don't wear surviving. I wonder how many extreme heels will be around in five hundred years and what will historians make of them? And will college kids write essays about them?

I don't feel at all submissive in heels. I don't feel dominant, either. Truth be told, I feel pretty much my normal self, except more so, in that I'm not constraining myself to fashion norms, but rather, am wearing what I want to wear, while still being respectful of others' sensibilities (I'll not venture out in hose, miniskirt, and heels, out of respect for others' sensibilities, not that I'm likely to do so even if it weren't for their sensibilities). I like people being able to see me as I am, rather than as some sort of fashion statement on a pedastal. It's not about making a fashion statement. Rather, it's just about my wearing what I want to, which is heels. I can do so in unobtrusive ways which allow me the freedom to do what I want to do while minimizing the turbulence in the waters towards others. I consider it a matter of mutual respect.