Are we avant-garde or plain old geezers ?

Van

Highluc, if I remember in one of your recent posting you mentionned that you had encountered recently some , may i write hostility ? or lack of acceptance of your free style because of your age. Could you elaborate ? Vanessa

Hi Vanessa, this was mainly from members of my family. Although they accepted a litlle bit the idea of androgynous clothing or shoes they only saw it for the youth to experiment and show their rebelion on traditional values. They thought a man of my age should dress conservatively as the rest of the western world does. Same old stuff again.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

You have all my sympathy Highluc. I 've been thru that myself. It seems that because we are middle-aged men, we should dress and behave like "Bom' Pa". Not for me ! The funny thing is that i find a lot of young people very conservative, not adventurous at all. I'm quite happy to belong to a generation which still believed everything was possible (we probably got it wrong, so what ?). I always lived the life I loved and loved the life I lived and ain't gonna change now. Too old for that. I guess thec same goes for you. Cheers, Vanessa

Completely my way of thinking as well, it looks like we have adopted (as opposed to being thought) similar values in life. I'm proud to be Bompa (3 times) but sure don't dress the part. Enjoy your life as well, Luc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I used to attend antique car rallies, or go to train shows on Sundays, but I can't anymore. I have worked every Sunday for the past 9 years and I don't mind it a bit. My job is running a large train display in a museum and I get paid for it. People tell me I have the best job in the world. :D:( Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'm 54 and I really don't care what is hot, current & happening. I've survived the mini, the maxi, peasant looks, tie-dieing, bellbottoms, hiphuggers, baggies and chunky heels clik-clik-cliking along in my 5" Stilettos.

I dress conservatively for the most part because the styles are timeless, classic & elegant.

I don't care what Brittney, J-Lo or whoever are wearing because it would look stupid & dated in 6 months.

I'm over 50 . . I like where I am and WHO I am. It's taken me a long time to get here.

Ciao!

Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Did I mention I am 51? I have two pre teens and I feel young. They keep me young. (I'm in awe of my children)

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.