A Fashionably Fun Collection

fashionablefun

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to out to eat at fast food restaurant in this very outfit earlier this week, with a busy downtown weekday lunch crowd and then off to FedEx/Kinko’s to ship a package. While standing in line at FedEx, I noted a woman copying nearby with basically the same outfit, differing only in jacket color. I purposely positioned myself for good views of each other, though no exchanges were made. In fact, it was all rather uneventful, except perhaps on the way back to my car. Construction was going on in the building lobby and the normal flooring had been removed. The sound of my heels on the bare cement echoed through the cavernous, unfurnished lobby like gunshots. Though relatively empty of people, one gentleman turned to see just whose shoes were making such a racket. We caught only a quick glimpse of each other, but I can’t help but wonder if he was surprised, confused or intrigued. The footwear is fully described in photo number 6 in this thread.

Posted Image

I had a funny experiece last week when I wore a similar outfit to the public library: the same pointy, stilletto boots (described more fully with a different view in Photo 6 of this thread), jeans, but a different jacket. Though I'm pretty comfortable in public with whatever my choice of footwear, I had not been to the library before in heels. So I walked in confident, but very conscious of the boots I was wearing. I noticed a young man working behind a computer with spiky, pink hair and wearing a tank top. A few minutes later I saw the rest of his outfit: white belt and low rise jeans tucked into 4" high, chunky heeled, white platform boots. And that's not all. Attached to the top of the boot was stringy, white fringe, about 5" long, they swayed as he moved. The entire ensemble was so outrageously over the top (at least for a public library, in the middle of the day), that I had to laugh at myself, to even think that what I was wearing would gather inappropriate attention -- or any attention at all. It was a little much for me, but he clearly could care less what people thought. I went ahead with my own business, sittting down at another computer, completely exposing my heels, but not giving an instant's thought to my own outfit again.

Very interesting. It just goes to show, that the membership we enjoy here at hhplace.org is but the tip of the iceberg. Your story reminds me of the guy who used to work at Borders Bookshop on Park Avenue on the Upper East Side. He used to regularly wear black patent knee high boots with his jeans tucked into them. For such a conservative neighborhood, I was suprised a bit.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 1 year later...

I thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread. I can't believe I missed it before. Fashionablefun's outfits are pure class in my honest opinion. When I think of mens mainstream fashion with heels, I'm thinking of these looks. Bravo and thank you for giving me some outfit ideas. ;-)

I thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread. I can't believe I missed it before.

Fashionablefun's outfits are pure class in my honest opinion. When I think of mens mainstream fashion with heels, I'm thinking of these looks.

Bravo and thank you for giving me some outfit ideas. ;-)

Thanks, Max. Your comments are appreciated, particularly coming from someone who's style I admire. With your encouragement I'll break out the camera again and take a few shots of new additions to the collection.