A Fashionably Fun Collection

fashionablefun

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent coordination between clothing styles and colors - as always, very well done!

In fact, it's so well done, I've half a mind to forward some of these pics to the fashion designers and say, "This is what we want to see on the runways, as this is what'll sell in the marketplace," while contrasting that with pics of what will never sell, the current over-the-top men they currently have running up and down the runway in heels, or worse, the parodies of very masculine men wearing very feminine heels. Either way, those approaches will forever keep men and heels in the closet.

If you agree, fashionablefun, could you PM me with a response either way? They're your pics, so I'll not forward them without your permission.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Spartan -

WELCOME to the forum.

I hope you find that posting is as much fun (or more) than just reading.

I’m glad you noticed that no one seems to notice or bother about what shoes you are wearing. The key is wear them with confidence. You have picked two guys to watch (fashionablefun and kneehighs) that really do dress well and do it with the confidence that others recognize.

Looking forward to reading you posts.

Enjoy your heels!

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Welcome aboard, spartan! They are both great examples on how to pull off high heels. The truth is the don't look out of place on a guy if he is dressed appropriately.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I’ve got a few more photos coming, but first a story. This past weekend I was in Hollywood for a conference. After the conference was over, I spent a couple days shopping and sightseeing, much of it in heels. I brought a couple pairs with me for that very purpose. I mostly wore my black stiletto Nine West boots (#6), together with my Seven jeans (# 2 & 5) black blazer (#9), white dress shirt. I feel when wearing heels, it’s appropriate to be a little more dressy, even when paired with jeans. I walked up and down the famous sidewalk of stars, who’s names are embedded in the cement, just clicking my way right over the top of all of them. It was early evening, not yet dark, but very crowded with people. As others have pointed out, when it’s crowded, even fewer notice. There are just too many people in the way.

I did go into an Express store to try on some skinny jeans with my heels. A female sales associate helped me locate my size, but a male sales associate was running the changing rooms. After trying on my first pair of jeans, I walked out of the changing room to show them to the sales associate and asked him for another pair in a different fit. He didn’t blink an eye as he looked at the fit (and obviously my heels) and retrieved my request. I didn’t end up liking the skinny jeans – just too tight around the ankles. I thought the straight or mild boot-cut were better. Just for fun I also went into a Hot Topic, a gothic store and asked if they had my size in this round toe, black patent, 4 inch heel:

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=397167 But they didn’t. A 9 or 10 years old boy in the store was the only person I saw all day that took any note of my footwear, with a double take or two.

The next day I went shopping at the Beverly Hills shopping mall with the same outfit, but with a T-shirt instead of the dress shirt. I got to the mall early; not realizing the stores didn’t open until 11:00. I first bought some food and sat at a high stool table. All the better to see someone’s shoes – but no one seemed to. I had more time to kill, so I walked over to a couch, sat down and called someone on my mobile phone. I also couldn’t help but notice a tall, attractive female sitting on the same couch wearing heels. I intentionally sat down just opposite her while carrying on my phone conversation. My heels were in full exposed view, just a few feet away. After I was done talking on my phone, I thought she might say something about our mutual footwear, because we did have a short conversation while I relaxed for a few minutes -- but we only talked about when the stores would be opening up. She was certainly friendly, very fashionably dressed and couldn’t have missed what I was wearing, but no comments.

When the stores opened up, I went into the Nine West store (wearing my Nine West boots) and asked to try on a pair of 3.5 inch high-heeled loafers that I saw. They only had them up to a size 10. I tried them on, but the fit was tight. The female sales associate offered to search for a larger pair on their computer and happily provided me the results of where I could get my size. It was so normal you’d think guys were always shopping in their (women’s only) store wearing 4-inch heels.

I visited a few other convenience stores in the same outfit. It was all fashionably fun.

Sounds like people there don't even bat an eye over your heels, fashionablefun. Acceptance is great isn't it?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

No... Hollywood's a different country. Been there several times, pretty much pushing the envelope to the max without any response at all, like sliding 60 mph on ice in multiple 360 degree spins. I was young then, mid-90s. Skirts, heels lace-up shirts (pirate shirts from International Male, but still)... Nothing. HH Boots. I crashed several partied and a few star-studded events wearing 3.5-inch Franco Sarto boots, a long kaki skirt, and nice shirt. Perhaps it was my earrings. I dunno. It all just seemed to work. I was simply let in, enjoyed the environment, then let myself out. Couple of times I think my ex thought there was something amiss, but this was never the case. Her loss.

Great story there Mr Fun. Freestyling in Hollywood, in fact any kind of styling in Hollywood should be fine. It's Southern California so anything goes really!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

• 2 weeks later...

Very impresive. I'm jealous! I have the footwear but I've always been kind of a t-shirt and levi kinda guy. I no know I need to go shopping. I have the footwear and plenty of it but you realy know how to put it together. Looks fantastic.

real men wear heels

Thanks for the defense at the Fashion Spot!

:evil:

Did you know that membership there is now "by invite only?"

Your welcome Kneehighs. Your post at The Fashion Spot wasn't getting much traction, so I thought a bump would help it. I didn't know it now requires membership. Maybe it's good we got in when we did (though I don't post often.)

fashionablefun Thanks for the "double dose " of looking out :evil:

Thought you might be interested to know that I pm'd that guy who referred to every pic in that thread (Gallianoke) but the one of Heel-D in 2" block heels as "freak(y)".

He had an open mind, but the tipping point was when he saw the pic of the guy dressed in leather shorts and a leather top. That pic was the straw that broke the camels back. Add some wet and messy shoes links, pics of just shoes and plain blue jeans, and you get the point.

He's probably not the only one who feels that way and I wonder if part of the reason membership at the TFS is by invite only now is because of such posts?

Also of interest: leyla m, who purports to be the spokesperson against men in heels, runs a fashion business in Kuwait. Go figure she doesn't like men in heels.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

fashionablefun Thanks for the "double dose " of looking out :evil:

Thought you might be interested to know that I pm'd that guy who referred to every pic in that thread (Gallianoke) but the one of Heel-D in 2" block heels as "freak(y)".

He had an open mind, but the tipping point was when he saw the pic of the guy dressed in leather shorts and a leather top. That pic was the straw that broke the camels back. Add some wet and messy shoes links, pics of just shoes and plain blue jeans, and you get the point.

He's probably not the only one who feels that way and I wonder if part of the reason membership at the TFS is by invite only now is because of such posts?

Also of interest: leyla m, who purports to be the spokesperson against men in heels, runs a fashion business in Kuwait. Go figure she doesn't like men in heels.

Yes, moderation definately is the key towards winning any widespread acceptance (which will eventually translate into significant increases in styles available in larger sizes).

Extravagance just comes off as fetishistic drag.

I hear what you're saying about the foreign interest. I've encountered the same on Wikipedia from others intent on subjecting the world to their narrow POV while railing against other's "NPOV" when it's merely a reflection of reality.

• 1 month later...

Thought it’s time to upload a couple photos for the collection. I’ve got some newer ones that I haven’t shot yet, but theses are a little older and I’m not certain I even like them anymore. This Number 15 in particular is a little odd—some kind of combination athletic shoe and high heel, I guess. Last year we were remodeling our kitchen and every time I visited the place making our countertops I wore a different pair of heels (#6, #3, #:evil:. I never got any response until about the fourth visit when I was wearing this pair. The guy helping me, about a 45 year old male, said “Those are some cool shoes” as he strained to get a better look. I just said thanks. They are Dollhouse brand, size 11, bought and tried at a Journey’s shoe store in the mall.

Posted Image

These are a pair I bought on a whim at for only $5 at a Famous Brands help-yourself style shoe store. They are suede, round toe, size 11, some meaningless brand. I was trying them on in front of everybody so when I went to the cash register to pay for them, I was sure the young male clerk was going to ask me about the boots I was buying when he said, “Can I ask you something?” Sure, “I said.” “Where did you buy your jeans?”

Posted Image

Great outfits there Fashionably Fun! I like those boots in the first pic - people would assume they were sneakers until they see the heel. I've always wanted a pair like that for some reason. I also like the second outfit - certainly a classic! Kudos! :evil:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Actually, I kind of like the atheletic shoe/heel look, provided it's not with pointed-toe Converse look (which stinks, IMHO). I've yet to find any pair that come in my size, though. It seems they all taper out around size 11. Probably one of J-Lo's requirements before she wore her first pair and popularized the style.

• 1 month later...

This #17 from the Fashionably Fun Collection is one of very few that I’ve had for a long time. These riding boots are 13-15 years old and they were replacements to other, similar pairs I’ve had before. I recently decided to repair the worn heels and try them out again. The boots come up high on the leg, but the heels are only half-an-inch high. I doubt that I would ever wear 4 inch heeled boots tucked into jeans (though I regularly wear them otherwise). These flat boots are another matter, however.

I remember tucking them into my pants years ago. I recall when I was in a fraternity in college (which was, indeed, years ago) I wore riding boots tucked into a pair of corduroy pants at a fraternity meeting in our frat house. During the meeting, I was called to the front door of the house to respond to two attractive females who had come to personally ask me out to a sorority party. I distinctly recall being very conscious of my footwear and the perceived attention there from, only to be all the more spotlighted, as I strode up to the front door to talk to the two young women in my completely exposed boots.

I’ve worn them again since repairing them just last week. This photo shows the exact outfit I wore to breakfast at local bagel restaurant on Thursday. The boots are black, size 11, from a (perhaps now defunct) women’s store called Pappagallo. The jeans are white, a slim and straight model from Express, paired with a black jacket. Not surprisingly, no comments from anyone in the restaurant. Not certain if anyone even noticed.

Posted Image

I mentioned to Kneehighs, when we went to dinner together a few months ago, that I was interested in pair of round-toed, sturdy heeled boots (though at the time, we we’re both wearing stilettos). I had found these at Nordstrom’s soon thereafter and had them with me at the Halloween New York Heel Meet, where I was in town attending a conference. I tried to hook up with the group, but we didn’t make connections. Nonetheless, I strutted through Grand Central Station in the exact outfit you see here: slim, straight, black jeans from Express, brown sweater and jacket and my new brown, 4-inch boots. I took the subway down to SoHo and shopped around for a couple of hours with no one even taking a second glance, as far as I could tell. Went into a few stores and tried on a few outfits to see how it looked with the new boots. I like them with the slim jeans, where they are much more visible. Under boot cut jeans, the boots just seem invisible. These are brown, 4-inch heel, size 10, B.P. brand, which is Nordstrom’s house brand. I tried them on in the store, first asking for a size 11, but to my surprise they were too big and bought the 10.

Posted Image

......<snip>..... I had found these at Nordstrom’s soon thereafter and had them with me at the Halloween New York Heel Meet, where I was in town attending a conference. I tried to hook up with the group, but we didn’t make connections.

I know! I missed your call! When I received your message, we were eating dinner at Pizzeria Unos. If I'm not mistaken, I called you back immediately, only to receive your voice mail. There is always next time though!

Nonetheless, I strutted through Grand Central Station in the exact outfit you see here: slim, straight, black jeans from Express, brown sweater and jacket and my new brown, 4-inch boots.

I like the way the brown sweater coat fits beneath your sport jacket. It creates a nice white "V" shape near your waist and near your chest, which looks great. Plus, the whole layering effect is coordinated well.

Great outfit. :rocker:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I like the way the brown sweater coat fits beneath your sport jacket. It creates a nice white "V" shape near your waist and near your chest, which looks great. Plus, the whole layering effect is coordinated well.

Great outfit. :rocker:

Thanks Kneehighs. I always like to show my belt. The sweater with the zippers going both directions allows that. For similiar reasons I ilke short shirts and jackets that reveal the belt -- particularly when the belt is coordinated with the footwear.

• 1 month later...

I went to out to eat at fast food restaurant in this very outfit earlier this week, with a busy downtown weekday lunch crowd and then off to FedEx/Kinko’s to ship a package. While standing in line at FedEx, I noted a woman copying nearby with basically the same outfit, differing only in jacket color. I purposely positioned myself for good views of each other, though no exchanges were made. In fact, it was all rather uneventful, except perhaps on the way back to my car. Construction was going on in the building lobby and the normal flooring had been removed. The sound of my heels on the bare cement echoed through the cavernous, unfurnished lobby like gunshots. Though relatively empty of people, one gentleman turned to see just whose shoes were making such a racket. We caught only a quick glimpse of each other, but I can’t help but wonder if he was surprised, confused or intrigued. The footwear is fully described in photo number 6 in this thread.

Posted Image

fashionablefun: An excellent outfit, my friend! You certainly put it all together well, and with style. More power to you! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!