Your opinions please

Fog

Is this outfit too much for the forthcoming heelmeet? Mrs F thinks so and would prefer me more soberly attired.

Posted Image

The camisole is from Next, the jacket is from H&M BB - size 22, it's really much too big on me and gives that feminine look of wearing clothes too big, and the shorts are from River Island. I like the jacket, because it hides the fact that I like my grub and beer too much.

fogborkenvv To me, and this is just my opinion and this is from a friend first and foremost, I think you could make everything work:

1. The thighboots for sure

2. The H and M jacket is really good. It covers your weakness around the belly area and shows you took the time to think through which top best flatters you. I like it.

but, minus the camisole. There's something about the exposed camisole that is just a bit over the top for me...however, like you have mentioned in the past--you are approaching retirement in ten years or so, and given how others in your lineage have passed away before then....wear it like there is no tomorrow if you want to. You would have my support either way

I think your bottom half is good. The general image you project, slenderizing the bottom half with thighboots and tights is good. A slender bottom half in tight black jeans, pants, or whatever is good when you balance it like you did against a puffier top. I think if I was you going to wear thigh boots publically, I'd probably wear

your brown thigh boots

some tight black pants, jeans

and keep the H and M coat.

and wear a brown, green or white top under the coat.

Is there something feminine (unisex feminine) that you could wear on top as a replacement?

The metallic stripe pleated blouse at next.co.uk looks alot like the white shirt that I posted before. Its in the workwear section, under browns, page 5. I'd wear that in a long or extra long and layer it neatly underneath your coat. Or even without the coat, if the top nearly covers your buttocks, I'd think you could pull the look off with some good style.

Posted Image

Next's linen beaded top (found under workwear, black and white, page 10) -- even without your jacket -- would probably look

good too. In fact, almost any tunic length top with thighboots would probably look good.

Posted Image

In fact, you could wear the exact same clothes as the following model, except add in your thighboots for that extra something special. This is NEXT's White Long Sleeve Volume Tunic (found under workwear, black and white, page 2)

Posted Image

They have some really nice stuff at NEXT! I wish the one in Oxford Circus would be open for the meet--alas the one at Covent Garden will be open though. I absolutely love their grey linen jacket (I'm sure with some alterations done by my lovely tailor/seamstress down the road it would fit perfectly):

Posted Image

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Also, I think you could wear the outfit in the first pic if you have the right ATTITUDE to go with it! Attitude is just as important as attire, if not moreso.

My experience: When I wear heels like your boots under jeans or black slacks, no one bats an eye. When I wear a kilt or masculine-looking skirt, I get grins and some questions, but acceptance, like "that's cool." The couple times I've been out in skirt and heels people pretty much kept their distance, trying not to appear like they noticed. Anything patently feminine (frills) just more of the same.

Kneehighs, Thanks for your reply. You've given me some ideas. In a way I was hoping someone would say "That's awful" with reasons - it's probably back to the drawing board. What fun!

Nooooooo! Not brown boots with black tights! never! Dark brown or tan tights would work better and then a cream camisole and brown jacket. To wear the rest of that outfit you'd need black boots.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Nooooooo! Not brown boots with black tights! never!

Dark brown or tan tights would work better and then a cream camisole and brown jacket. To wear the rest of that outfit you'd need black boots.

You might be right. If he wears the black tights with black boots, it would probably elongate his legs...versus if he wore brown knee high boots with black tights which could appear choppy and shorten his legs a bit.

But in my opinion, its how he color coordinates the top half items that could make or break the outfit. So, "it depends". :D softgrey has some inspirations at the fashion spot if I could dig them up...

Here is Eva Longoria from Desperate Housewives:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its just aiming for a contrast effect, if that is what you feel comfortable with.

Posted Image

Again, nothing but my opinion. The right attitude (personality and poise ) can carry off just about any outfit as well.

Dr Shoe you're quite right. Brown boots and black tights is a no no. I couldn't find any brown ones. My problem is most of the boots I like are brown and the clothes I like are black.

Hey fogborkenvv--have you decided yet on an outfit for the meet? I was debating wearing black skinny pants tucked into knee boots with a long top (might attract more attention than I'm used to) and this is what I've found. Researching fashion trends for spring/summer 06 I have discovered this:

Belle Epoque Era

Posted Image

This photo is from a Miss Selfridges album.

In the late 1800's, apparently court fashion was all about decadence, wear-ability, and ruffles. If I could find a shirt like this, but longer, and one that went past my waistline, I might consider wearing it. How abot you? Perhaps you could wear a ruffled chiffon blouse, shorts, and your thigh boots--a strong trend for ss06.

Oh well, off I go to do more hunting...my concern is that if I wear skinny pants tucked into knee boots and a long top, I might look too much like a woman, save my face....hmmm...

For some odd reason, I agree with Mrs. F. Especially if everyone else wasn't aware of the "adrogynous attire".

I don't think it's an odd reason, it's probably very sensible!