Calf sizes

davefry

Right, so, I'm a stick. Really. I weigh like 7 1/2 stone. And, I don't have really large feet, I'm a 39/40, and my calf only measures 32cm.

So, I have a question.

Do any of you know a shop (online, or high street) that do knee high boots with a small calf? All I can find is either Duo who don't really do heels over 7cm, or buying a pair of boots and having them altered. Both cost about the same, and I'm willing to spend up to around £80 for a pair of knee highs that actually fit me properly. My latest pair are fairly slim, but still a touch too large (about 34cm). I didn't try them on in the shop because I'm just not ready to street heel just yet (although, I am getting there. Yay!). It's confidence, really. I go out (and even to work) wearing Miss Sixty jeans, and my nails painted black.

I think I'd have more confidence to street heel if I were to be wearing boots that fit me. Now, even with the 34cm calf knee highs, I feel like I'm wearing wellies. That's not attractive.

Help!

Hi,

www.jean-gaborit.com are doing higher heels now, plus custom calf sizing.

Unfortunately they are pretty expensive .... way over £80 ..... what pisses me off is the phenomenal rate of French VAT that's slapped on top of the price.

Xa

I see ads for stretch patent boots that are designed to be tight. Have never seen them in person or tried them. My problem is the opposite - calves are too big for the boots.

it might not be exactly what you are looking for but have you ever tried boots with ankle height uppers? i'm in the same boat as you, slim calves so that is why i stay away from the knee highs and stick with the ankle boots.

I have a few ankle boots, but even then the ankle is too large for me. Even though my feet fit well in them, they almost feel as if they could easily slip off my feet. Apart from the fact that's uncomfortable, it's also dangerous in 4.5" heels. I've found some knee high boots on eBay that appear to be very slim, I enquired as to their size last night, so I'm just waiting for a reply now. It's a very common problem not being able to find knee highs that fit your calf. Some people find them to big, others too small. And, you know what? I'd rather have them too small and struggle to get them on, than having them far too large that I can get them on and off without even unzipping them. I've had probably about 4 or 5 pairs of knee high boots, and of those, only one pair has felt comfortable on my feet. They are by Barratts, and about 3 - 4 years old (bought them on eBay), and I have taken it apon myelf to sew them up the back so they fit my calves. No one ever sees that far up the boot, and I've never had the balls to wear any shoe out during daylight hours. However, I cannot understand what makes them comfortable, and so easy to walk in. The heel is 3", and my newest pair are only just over 2" high, but for some reason I find it harder to walk in those. I generally take my shoes and boots for test drives at 1 - 2am on a Sunday night, when I feel safe in the knowledge everyone is in bed. The boot offers great stability, the fit is dead on perfect, but perhaps I have just found the ideal heel height for me. I own another pair that are pull on, and are meant to be tight. And, they're the best size (IE: the smallest) I've found. However, the sole has no grip, they are far too light which makes them feel very cheap and uncomfortable. And, of course, the calf is slightly too large. Maybe I'll start eating creame cakes for every meal, and grow a bit wider. :D

I have a pair of Seduce-2020 knee-high boots that they offer up to a 16, and they are REALLY comfy (I have to usually go up one size with Pleaser brand, so I ordered a 15). They're lace-up, so they fit the calf really well too.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 weeks later...

My latest pair from Duo have 9.5cm stiletto heels, and fit my calves perfectly. (I have the opposite problem in that knee high boots often won't zip up) They cost more than £80 though. Take a look at the Cadiz boots in the Dress section. My other pair from Duo have 10cm heels, the style is called Dame, but they're no longer available. Chris (edited for typo)

I guess that I hit it lucky. I have several pairs of knee high boots and the calves fit right against my skin without any gaps and no problem with zipping them up. A perfect fit every time. Maybe that is why I like knee high boots so much. I also have a couple of pair of mid-calf boots that fit the same way at the calves. My over-the-knee boots fit all the way up making my calves look great and very femme in them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!