conference call: getting to know each other

kneehighs

What time and day is best for a phone conference call?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What time and day is best for a phone conference call?

• Saturday, Jan 28th. 1 p.m. E.S.T.
    • Saturday. Jan 28th. 3 p.m. E.S.T.
    • Sunday, Jan 29th. 1 p.m. E.S.T.
    • Sunday, Jan 29th. 3 p.m. E.S.T.

Okay, I've been brainstorming having a conference call so we can get together over the phone and at least put a voice to our names. And get to know each other a little better. Perhaps we can all share our story of how we first developed an interest for high heels. Below is a list of preferable times and dates posted according to new york city's Eastern Standard Time. Provided that these times are available through a conference call center, I'll set up the call and share the password id and phone number later. London is five hours ahead of NYC and Amsterdam is 6 hours ahead of NYC. If you guys want to do this, let me know and I'll secure a conference call center as well as cover their fee's. Any feedback, pros or cons on this idea would be appreciated as I am ready to reserve the time slot right now, but will hesistate to do so without some feedback here. NOTE: conference attendees have to pay their own long distance charges. I think calling cards should work though....

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

One individual has pointed out that there is already an online chat room. 1. It's free. 2. It's established. 3. And it doesn't cost a dime. Good points all of them and I thank the person who took the time to share these thoughts with me. My response is: 1. Its worth the experiment. 2. Sociological studies prove the 33% of communication is through voice tone, voice pitch, voice volume, and speech rates. We miss that with online chat. 3. It could add an interesting new dimension to our communications. 4. My future won't miss the money I spend on this One Time Experiment than it would miss a dime spent on a gumball. It'd be part of my "do whatever you want to with" segment of my personal spending plan. 5. If someone has to buy a calling card, it might cost $5. A small amount. Any more opinions?

I agree. There must be a way to do this VOiP instead of by the telephone. I like the idea though. As to the date and time I'm not sure yet - though a 3pm slot would be the best bet for me as it will be 8pm here in the UK and I'm likely to be at home (or my girlfriends).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I'd really prefer to keep it over the regular phone network. I have no interest in either online chat or futzing around with Skype. I pay 2.9 cents a minute for domestic US calls and international is about 5 cents to most European countries -- I assume other members can do the same. PM me if you want specific recommendations (or tell me it's OK to publish here).

I picked Jan 29th because I would be off work that day and I would be AT work on Saturday the 28th. I also picked the 1:00 time slot as we will be out for dinner after the 3:00 time slot. It sounds like an interesting idea and I hope it works out for everyone. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'd really prefer to keep it over the regular phone network. I have no interest in either online chat or futzing around with Skype.

I pay 2.9 cents a minute for domestic US calls and international is about 5 cents to most European countries -- I assume other members can do the same.

The current rates of my Belgian provider are a 'bit' higher: 0.10€ (0.12$) a minute during evening hours and 0.20€ (0.24$) during daytime.

As most members probably have a broadband internet connection, and pay a flat fee a month for that, a see no reason to stick to conventional phone calls with the resulting extra costs. Enough VOIP solutions are there for free...

BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---

Wouldn't it beneficial for all if we test some 'online' solutions first with a limited number of memebrs all living in about the same time zone (UK& Eur, US only). And 'online' solution could be anything like IM (MSN messenger, GAIM, ...) or VOIP (MSN messenger, Skype, ...). When you get the a stage where 3 or 4 members can interact without any technical glitch we could promote that solution to all. I'm at home during most of the day so i'm prepared to take care of testing with anyone who could give a hand with this... BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---

I like the idea. I think that talking to one another about common fears, concerns, reactions from the public would be helpful in building our confidence. I prefer a non-voip method simply because I'm technically challenged in that area. It would be easiest for me to just dial a number. However, if there is someone out there who can give us newbies intstructions on voip, maybe we can make that work? Who are the technical wizards?

Bluetango

So many shoes and only two feet.

I was hoping by adding a poll it would generate a little more interest in this idea. If this is going to happen it should be more cost efficient than having just 4 members agree on a time and day. Only 7 members voted. Thats okay. To make this happen will probably require: sending multiple individual pms to hundreds of members; and giving at least a couple months advance notice. Since I will be back at work in one week, I'm barely going to have the time to visit this forum, let alone dedicate myself to making a conference call idea work. I think the idea could work provided the person behind it was dedicated to making it work. With that said, Im not going to reserve a conference call slot for this weekend, but if someone else wants to do the work to make a single conference call appointment in the future, that would be cool.