Just found this: Someone placed "women's" shoes...

Mickey S.

... in the men's section!

Hi!

For those of you who understand German, this could be quite amusing...

For those who can't here's the main idea:

A joker took a nice pair of women's ankle boots and put them into the men's shoe shelf. The boots were a size EU42 and had 4.5cm wedge heels. About 5 minutes later a man - he must have been in his late 50s or so, the joker wrote - came by and tried those boots on, obviously liked them and went to the checkout not knowing that it was actually women's shoes. It wasn't until the dialog with the cashier as the older man found out that he was about to buy women's shoes for himself. He was so upset that he left the shop instantly without buying anything.

What would have happened if the cashier didn't point that out to him? Quite interesting thought...

CU!

-Mike

I often see a pair of women's shoes left in the "men's section" in various stores, and always wonder how they got there: Moved by a customer as a joke. Tried on by a man who put them back without buying. Left by a woman who changed her mind and just dumped on the nearest shelf. Some other reason...

I wonder if the joker sticks around? What would he/she would think if the man was actually wearing heels all ready? That could be interesting... :D

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

In times past I've tried on womens shoes in the mens section.. decided against them and just left them on the rack with the men's shoes of the same size. More often then not I see men's sneakers mixed into the womens section. Especially pairs that have brighter colors, or have womens sneakers that look exactly the same. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Amazing thing is, if the shoes fit him and he liked the style (he had to have for him to try them on in the first place and then want to buy them) then what difference should it have made if they were men's or women's shoes?

His male pride obviously... :D

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

oh yes!! it would be!! :D I for one do not that kind of so-called "male pride",I make it a point NOT to go to the mens shoes! I'm like you all in here, in that we all KNOW where the GOOD footwear is to be had! ( & it sure as hell aint in the mens shoe dept.!!!) :wink:

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

It's the stores enfocing that stigma that is hindering the movement. To this day, they are still putting up signs saying MENS and WOMENS. It's just a reinfocement of the outdated belief that some styles are only for one gender. Now, if there are more styles that are "on the fence" and if people were to take down the gender-specific signage, then you may see more people actually taking the chance and checking it out. It's when they see the WOMENS sign that they get all skittish and crawl back into their shells. With some designers pushing the idea of men in heels as well, you can imagine that someday those signs will have little meaning anyhow. Now if we just had one standard sizing standard, instead of US7 mens and US9 womens, then it may become easier yet. I mean....we all know the size conversion anyhow, so it's no big secret (although some companies do make some sizes smaller or larger - yet that goes without saying). Just do away with the differing size conventions and the signs! Those are the two largest hinderances right there! THEN watch and see what happens. Oh if only to get ONE store to do this as an experiment. I wonder what the outcome would be then.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

There is also a perception issue. A man shopping in the women's clothing asiles is probably seen as some sort of pervert. Even if they guy isn't getting the clothes for himself (maybe it's for his wife or gf), he is still probably looked at as a pervert. A women shopping in a men's asile is seem as probably buying something for her husband/bf. A related case to illustrate. When I used to work where I had to stay in a hotel, I used to get something small for my girls since I wouldn't see them all week. One time I was in a ToysRUS. Of course, I have girls, I will be in the girls toy section. As I was walking around looking at the items, I saw this little girl standing there looking at the girls toys. Her mom took one look at me and DASHED to her daughter, put both arms around her and pulled her away while giving me a very harsh look, as if I was there to molest her daughter. Hey, what is a MAN doing in a GIRLS toy section? Obviously I had to have bad intensions because guys are not SUPPOSE to be in the ladies/girls section. Now a woman in the guys/boys section, fine. But NEVER the opposite.

It's the stores enfocing that stigma that is hindering the movement. To this day, they are still putting up signs saying MENS and WOMENS. It's just a reinfocement of the outdated belief that some styles are only for one gender. Now, if there are more styles that are "on the fence" and if people were to take down the gender-specific signage, then you may see more people actually taking the chance and checking it out. It's when they see the WOMENS sign that they get all skittish and crawl back into their shells.

With some designers pushing the idea of men in heels as well, you can imagine that someday those signs will have little meaning anyhow. Now if we just had one standard sizing standard, instead of US7 mens and US9 womens, then it may become easier yet. I mean....we all know the size conversion anyhow, so it's no big secret (although some companies do make some sizes smaller or larger - yet that goes without saying).

Just do away with the differing size conventions and the signs! Those are the two largest hinderances right there! THEN watch and see what happens.

Oh if only to get ONE store to do this as an experiment. I wonder what the outcome would be then.

Very well said SQ! If we had Karma here like at the fashion spot, I'd give you some for those comments. I'd love to go to Filenes Basement (where they have the self serve shoe racks) and take a ton of womens unisex loafers and put them in the mens section and then watch what happened. Like the new avatar too.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thats interesting. Makes me want to go to Filenes basement and take a bunch of womens shoes and place them in the mens section.

Oh hehe that would be so like me ^^

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

There is also a perception issue. A man shopping in the women's clothing asiles is probably seen as some sort of pervert. Even if they guy isn't getting the clothes for himself (maybe it's for his wife or gf), he is still probably looked at as a pervert.

I think in truth that's just the way it feels to all of us, when shopping in the womens dept for yourself, it is only your own self conciousness telling you that people feel this way towards you. Most people are too wrapped up in what they're doing to think anything of you. I often buy lingerie, and other items for my wife, but feel self concious because we are similar in size, and think people will believe they're for me, but most probably just assume they're for my wife or whatever anyway.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly