Yesterday, a colleague discovered my high heel wearing

Mickey S.

Hi! Not really sensational but I just wanted to share with you another reaction that I got from one of my colleagues yesterday. I was about to leave for the weekend when I met a colleague who had to do something in another part of the company's building and was heading my way. So we went a few 'floors, doors and stairs' together. When we parted he asked me: "I'm wondering how you could actually walk in those shoes?". So he must have noticed. I wore my 4.5" loafers which I think they are pretty comfy. I said: "Yes, I can walk in them. It doesn't feel wrong at all." and continued: "I think it's cool and why should only the girls have all the fun?". He then left with a big grin on his face. So I consider this quite positive... CU! -Mike

I find that most people that have the guts to make any comment at all about your shoes, will be pretty cool with it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi!

Not really sensational but I just wanted to share with you another reaction that I got from one of my colleagues yesterday.

I was about to leave for the weekend when I met a colleague who had to do something in another part of the company's building and was heading my way. So we went a few 'floors, doors and stairs' together. When we parted he asked me: "I'm wondering how you could actually walk in those shoes?". So he must have noticed. I wore my 4.5" loafers which I think they are pretty comfy. I said: "Yes, I can walk in them. It doesn't feel wrong at all." and continued: "I think it's cool and why should only the girls have all the fun?". He then left with a big grin on his face.

So I consider this quite positive...

CU!

-Mike

Mickey believe me, the most men are not blind. The young turkish guys in my quarter have altogether telescope eyes! If I'm walking mid through a young teenie crowd hanging around in front of a turkish Doener-Snack-Bar (for the anglosaxian readers: a "Doener" is a kind of a turkisch "Big Mac", the meat is cut down in thin slices from a thick rotating column of meat) I can rely on a wolf whisteling behind me or comments like "Hello sweetie, I would like to make you wet" and so on ... the daily annoying multicultural hardness :D

The difference is only, that well educated guys behave polite and tolerant. But you shouldn't believe that other guys aren't noticing your high heels.

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Mickey believe me, the most men are not blind. The young turkish guys in my quarter have altogether telescope eyes! If I'm walking mid through a young teenie crowd hanging around in front of a turkish Doener-Snack-Bar (for the anglosaxian readers: a "Doener" is a kind of a turkisch "Big Mac", the meat is cut down in thin slices from a thick rotating column of meat) I can rely on a wolf whisteling behind me or comments like "Hello sweetie, I would like to make you wet" and so on ... the daily annoying multicultural hardness :D

The difference is only, that well educated guys behave polite and tolerant. But you shouldn't believe that other guys aren't noticing your high heels.

Wow, more power to you Micha. I wouldn't have the nerve to do that.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Wow, more power to you Micha. I wouldn't have the nerve to do that.

Kneehighs, you are living in New York. I'm sure that you have the same problem with macho minded immigrants from Puerto Rico or Cuba. I'm living since 20 years in my quarter. Moving away only because of some simple minded turkish teenies? Never, they have to learn to tolerate me. I never complained me about their sisters wearing more and more often headkerchiefs!

Mickey believe me, the most men are not blind. ...

Yes, Micha, you might be right. I did get a couple more looks but noone else (except a female coworker almost one year ago - I think I put that story here back then) got back to me on that yet. Even the ones who are otherwise very lippy didn't make a single comment yet. And, believe me, they almost comment on everything they come across. So, that leads to the conclusion, that in case really they noticed, they might not quite believe what they see. ;o)

CU!

-Mike

Nah, you're both wrong, it's Alsatian on a spit. I had one when I was sober once. Another time I went to a kebab shop in Thornton Heath wearing a red & white striped Kaftan over shorts and sandals and was addressed in Arabic, I never mastered Arabic for Donner Kebab, all the salad, chilli sauce but leave off the big green chillis though

Hi!

It's a pity to see that the topic is so boring that this thread ended up in a discussion about doner / kebab... ;o)

CU!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I mentioned this episode only to show that all guys, who aren't blind like a mole, are noticing your heels. The most guys - especially colleagues - don't know how to react on you. Hence they say simply nothing.

Last year I appeared in my chess club with pointy stiletto boots. I had to play a game for the club championship. No comments of the others. Me walking with loud clicking heels through the room observing the other games. No reaction. All club members blind and deaf? After having finished my game our old chairman of honour asked me "Michael, what strange shoes are you wearing, aren't they womens boots?". Since that moment the ice was broken and a funny discussion started. My opponent (a student from Syria) answered "Michael seems to be a shoe fetishist. But why not?" Me answering "No, that's only the half truth. I like it also as shoe fashion. Why shouldn't guys wear high heels?". The immediately starting discussion was astonishingly open minded and very tolerant ...

Believe me Mickey, EVERYBODY had noticed my unusual footwear!

BTW: still a comment on the 'Döner Kebab'. Who of you can see the 'o' with the double point above correctly? The usual transcription of the German and Turkish vowels "öü" into Standard-ASCII-Code is "oe" or "ue". My name in my country is "Michael Bünger" but in the internet I'm using "Michael Buenger". Many german emigrants to the USA have cut off simply the trema about the vowel. "Muller" instead of "Müller". Or "Moller" instead of "Möller" or "Doner" instead of "Döner". The German and Turkish "ö" ist pronounced like the french "bleu" (blue) or the danish "o" with a dagger rsp. a slash through the "o".

I'm convinced that traditional Unix users are knowing this problem very well ...

nice greetings

micha (*pronounced like a russian mikha*)

Thanks for the pronunciation of your name micha, as I was also mispronouncing it in my head.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

...After having finished my game our old chairman of honour asked me "Michael, what strange shoes are you wearing, aren't they womens boots?". Since that moment the ice was broken and a funny discussion started. My opponent (a student from Syria) answered "Michael seems to be a shoe fetishist. But why not?" Me answering "No, that's only the half truth. I like it also as shoe fashion. Why shouldn't guys wear high heels?". The immediately starting discussion was astonishingly open minded and very tolerant ...

Good comeback Micha! You were put on the spot and you handled it with poise and aplomb. Apparently, you knew people had already noticed and were prepared for that. Glad they turned out to be open minded and very tolerant.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks for the pronunciation of your name micha, as I was also mispronouncing it in my head.

He he, the german "Michael" is not pronounced like the english "Michael" and the short form "Micha" is not called "Mitcha" or "Mikka". You have to use this cracking russian consonant "kh". Similar like the name of the former chess player "Mikhail Tal" from Tallinn in Estonia. But the german "ch" is pronounced smoother. May be that the best transcription of my nick name is "misha". The Russians called their(?) beloved world champion also "misha".

His greatest opponent was the ingenious american chess player "Robert James Fischer", still known as the chess legend "Bobby Fischer". He had jewish-german parents, hence his name is pronounced like "Fisher". The german "sch" is an english "sh" and the german "ch" is like a smooth russian "kh". But definetely harder pronounced than the english or the french "niche". It' s not easy, to write down pronounciation rules using only standard ASCII codes :D