The best shape for extremely high heels

Chirone

Hello everybody.

I'm an high heels enthusiast (well, you could say a feticist), and I've always thought my preferred high heels (for women) were the 15 cm (6") platform, which you can see a nice example below:

Posted Image

What I like more of these shoes (other then their height - women's feet deserve such distance from the ground, IMHO) is the sharp heel: it's perfectly circular and it's not "cut" like the one in this picture:

Posted Image

Although they are very high, I don't like them because of the heel's shape not very graceful and feminine, in my opinion.

But recently in this forum I've seen some picture (maybe in an avatar, I don't remember) of an extremely high heel which seemed circular as my preferred one. I searched a bit on the web and I've found my new preferred high heels :D . You can take a look at them here:

Posted Image

As you can see, perfectly sharped and waaaaaay high: outstanding 20 cm (8")!

I'ld like very much to hear other opinions. Does the heel's shape matter in some way? In particular, does it change the way a woman feels herself more or less sexy wearing them? Maybe a cumbersome shape ruins in some manner the feet's grace, while a finer heel exalts it. Or not?

Cheers,

Chirone

6" plats do look good but the round shanked heels look in proportion, until US womens 11 - the plats like your 2nd example look in proportion from sizes 5-14....

actually I am looking at getting some 8.5" (8.25" if you want to be pedantic :D ) plats I can get 6", 7" or 8.5" here and I have a pair of 8.5 inchers I have my eye(s) on...Posted Image

YES the hight DOES scare me! LOL but i'd prefer them over 9" ballet heels!

IMO the shape of them doesn't really matter when you are wearing them... as You can't really see much of them... that is if you wear them...

but looking at women that are wearing plats I prefer 6" over 7"-8.5"

and no I won't be doing a JeffB: ie public wearing...

later,

TXT-1

funny thing: i prefer them with the "cut" heel. i have several pairs of 7.5 inch heels with the "cut" heel. i would never own a pair with the circular heel. different strokes for different folks!

The "cut heel" is called a louis heel after the king of the same name... XIV I think who used to wear heels with scenes from French victories painted on them. Either he only had one pair or they all looked the same! Personally, I like a nice curvy stiletto ending with the sharpest possible point. Those straight "cigarettes" or "columns" are for the birds!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes, White 6 Inch Spike Heels, it's funny to see how people have different likings. Of course this is a matter of taste: I didn't want to say there is a heel better then other :wink: Thanks for the proper name of the heel, Dr. Shoe. I didn't understand what is your preferred shoe type: do you mean a pump, without the platform? Thank you for the nice pic, TXT-1. It's not clear for me how the shoe's shape could not matter when you wear them: it's true you can't see but you know how it is and how it looks... this is true for every cloth but usually it DOES matter what you wear, isn't it? :D

Chirone: because when you are wearing such high platforms all concentration is going into keeping yourself upright on them!.... looking at what they look like is the last thing on your mind! W6ish: the Sunset Strip 8.5" plats have a round shank heel and Pleaser/devious have the "D shaped heel" but the SS 8.5"s look better, But only Pleaser/Devious "8.5's" come in US womens 13/14!... and Sunset Strip Shoes are not available here in Australia :D later, TXT-1

Yes, White 6 Inch Spike Heels, it's funny to see how people have different likings. Of course this is a matter of taste: I didn't want to say there is a heel better then other :wink:

Thanks for the proper name of the heel, Dr. Shoe. I didn't understand what is your preferred shoe type: do you mean a pump, without the platform?

Thank you for the nice pic, TXT-1. It's not clear for me how the shoe's shape could not matter when you wear them: it's true you can't see but you know how it is and how it looks... this is true for every cloth but usually it DOES matter what you wear, isn't it? :D

Doesn't really matter if it's a pump or a boot, it's the heel I like. I don't really go for platforms too much but that doesn't mean I won't wear them.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

this is a very interesting thread! Personally, my favourite platforms have the rounded heels that Chirone likes best (i.e. not the Louis-style heel). However, my three pairs of 8.5" heel platforms all have "Louis" heels - I couldn't find any brands that made 8.5" plats in a rounded spike-heel design in UK size 10! SP.

Dr. Shoe

Debbie's 6 inch Oxfords

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "cut heel" is called a louis heel after the king of the same name... XIV I think who used to wear heels with scenes from French victories painted on them. Either he only had one pair or they all looked the same!

Personally, I like a nice curvy stiletto ending with the sharpest possible point. Those straight "cigarettes" or "columns" are for the birds!

I much prefer the curvy stiletto too. Very elegant and sexy. And of course - if the centre of gravity is directly below the centre of the lady's heel - the MOST COMFORTABLE and better balanced heel as well.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I much prefer the curvy stiletto too. Very elegant and sexy. And of course - if the centre of gravity is directly below the centre of the lady's heel - the MOST COMFORTABLE and better balanced heel as well.

I concur 100%, especially the part about comfort and balance. And I thought I was the only one.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.