Clubbing?

squirrelheels

Have any of you guys (younger or older) ever been to a night club wearing heels? What heels were they? What else were you wearing? What were the reactions of the staff at the club (bouncers etc)? What were the reactions of the people inside? SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

i went to this 3000 people all ages thing at a club called the ritz a while back wearing some wedge heel shoes..only like 2 3/4inch heel, but nobody noticed at all...it was dark and there were 3000+ people in a building that should only hold about 1000...

It could be sewn up! Anyway I've visited a fair few clubs in 4" heels (boots) and black trousers. Never a problem. If it says you must wear a jacket thaen you have to do that. If it says no trainers, then 4" boots are not trainers. I it says no jeans then no jeans. Clubs don't have rules about heels.

The dresscode for clubs and some pubs is always good for a laugh (unless you are trying to get in wearing some kind of disallowed clothing) Why is it that you can go into a pub one night wearing trainers, but the next night they are banned? This happened to me and a mate in Nuneaton one Saturday night. So we went elsewhere and I've never been in that place since.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I have frequently gone to a place in Shoreditch in stilettos..... ... then again it is a "gay" club but like most in London it is frequented by us straights as well. The response was positive.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Terayon, you make me laugh. Thank you. :smile: Clubs here don't matter, most women are clones of one another anyway. Hey, let's wear jeans, wedge platform mules, and a white tank top! They used to have the Roxy, which encouraged some nights as anything goes and wanted people to dress as they could, including a fetish night, but they shut down. Flash in the pan, as the tale for so many clubs and restaurants is in this city. And I hadn't use my free ladies' night coupon yet! It included free drinks! Maybe that's why they are now closed.

:smile: i know what ya mean about clones laurie..i dont go to clubs very often because i find despite them being hot...the Genas (italian girls) at the clubs are SO shallow...they wont give you time of day unless you conform to what they think is cool...gotta wear phat farm shirt, khaki pants and have nice chains...which isnt a bad look...but the fact that you are judged by what you wear pisses me off.....*shrug*

I think it's Gina, but I haven't heard that word in a long time. High school was ages ago, I guess. It is a shame that people judge based on dress. I know the look, and it is all about a bunch of guys looking the same, trying to impress a bunch of girls who look the same. Thank goodness for being an individual, huh? We are the humble few who actually have a clue.

Sure you're not thinking of "Guida"? I've been to clubs wearing heels, make-up, nail polish, and some sort of outfit. I'll get hit on by the female bartenders, and some other men will imply I'm gay. I get phone numbers.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

I am not much of a clubby type person, prefering a quiet drink in a pub with friends. The last club I went to was whilst wearing heels: Halloween 2000 and I was working away. I needed a hotel for the night and found this small hotel in Blackpool (extremely tacky english seaside town) which was run by Lynda who had changed sides and decided to stay there. I thought something would be going on so took some heels and stuff. We went out to this pub, with a club next door, run for the gay community, though like Dr Shoe I am not of that leaning. I wore a pair of stiletto boots (first time out anywhere in heels) leather jeans and a black leather look shirt, with purple nail varnish and lipstick. Not sure what to expect but non the less I had a great time and the beer flowed all too well. At the end of the night I couldn't find a taxi so had to walk back to the hotel (2 km or more). Great night but I suffered the day after. Littlewoods still think it was something I ate that caused me to be very ill in their warehouse!

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

On 2002-05-26 23:32, terayon wrote:

why would you go to a gay club?

Why not?

For one thing, I have never had to deal with some tiresome asshole that wants to point out to anyone who might be remotely interested that I'm wearing heels.

The only responses you get are positive (in fact some ask to try them on!)

The only trouble you are likely to get is the occasional couple going through a rocky patch.

In short, everyone are far more friendly and welcoming and Ruth and I would go there even if I wore "normal" shoes.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

sounds like a typical night out for me. The first time I ever got a cab home from shoreditch, I was worried that the taxi driver would make some kind of comment (I hadn't been wearing public heels long) but it was a black cab and these guys are far too professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Ministry of Sound at Christmas with my wife, wearing matching short skirts and 4" heels after I'd been bet £25 that I wouldn't/couldn't do it :smile: Got some fairly light hearted mickey-taking from some of the guys & surprised but positive comments on the whole from the girls. Quite often wear more moderate heels / wedges to various clubs. But if you really want to see and wear heels try some of the fetish clubs

• 4 weeks later...

I wore 3 1/2" chunky heeled mid platform boots to a small pub in Neiderstetten Germany. There were several groups of people from older to younger generations there. I had no problems whatsoever. I actually got asked by one of the ladies I met to go with her to a couple of other pubs in the area. Having remembered I was married, (beer can make one forget!) I had to decline the offer................................. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I remember the first time I went to a fetish club with my girlfriend. I was so nervous about getting changed as the toilet doors had no male/female signs on and people all changed together. I changed into my fetish outfit and pulled on my beige thigh boots and out we went and to my relief nobody blinked an eye. I even had women telling me how much they adored my boots. What a night I had. The funniest thing was the female singer they had for the night in the middle of a song looked at my boots and said out loud "nice boots!" What a blast.