When your wife envies your shoes!

DeSalto

My taste in heels goes for very high stiletto strappy sandals and dorsay shoes. Some of my heels where bought in sales where just a few numbers were available, most commonly the larger ones. I can remeber some ocasions when my intention was to buy a beautiful pair of sandals for my wife (wich I knew she would love) but they had not her size (brazilian 36), what made me buy the sandals for me instead of her. I love the funny look of the sales woman when I ask for a brazilian size 36, she tells me "this model only in 39", and I reply "I will get them!" The result is that I own a collection (more than 30 pairs) that includes some models my wife loves. When I wear them, she keeps admiring my high heeled feet, complaining we don´t wear the same size. One ocasion, in a shoestore, she felt in love for a beautiful pair of sandals they had only in my size - she ended buying the sandals for me as a gift. Does it happen with anybody else? DeSalto

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

DeSalto:-) Mickey never envies my collection of shoes and boots, and I never envy hers. She has hers and I have mine. Sometimes she buys me shoes and boots, and sometimes I buy her shoes and boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Bladerunner:-) My heart is saddened for you, but this just doesn't happen overnight either. It sometimes takes a while. Hang in there. Don't overload her and she may come around in the future. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

My wife despises my shoes and will never buy a pair for me, nor will she particiapate in shoe buying. But she loves sailing, and this year is urging me, URGING ME to buy new sails for the boat so we can be more competitive racing next season. I could rent her out!

Dawn HH - - Sounds similar to our situation. My wife's choices are much more practical however the last pair of D'Orsay style pumps I bought I think she envied a bit. While I had them on she said "I want you, hell I want those shoes!" Blackslide - - Too funny about the sailing. My wife sailed competitively (albeit locally) in her younger days and loved it, I never have. I too think the "go slow" approach works best on the heels thing. If you're a Bill Murray fan, "Baby Steps" approach from his movie "What About Bob"....come to think of it there was some sailing in that movie too. Have a great holidays everyone. Wineanddine

Wineanddine Liked you nick. I could add "winedineandheels" to make things even better! :D I´m too a big fan of d´orsay pumps, specially the ankle strap models. I own two pairs in black and two in white, all of them pointed toes. You could gift us with a pic of those shoes your wife loved so much! DeSalto

No, but I had almost the exact opposite happen.

I showed my wife these wedge boots on Ebay I was thinking of getting.

Posted Image

Her first reaction was "Oooo, do they have them in my size?". I checked, they only had them in tan but I said, they would still look nice. She then said "Then again, not sure if I can walk in that high of a heel!" I said "But they are only 3.5 inches" and she then replied "I know, but I still pretty much only like shoes that are equal height front and back". I then looked at her and said "You and I are definitely reverse roles" (I tend to be more sensitive and romantic as well, we often joke we are reversed).

my wife watches mine when they are on my feet! but she knows i'm specific with my heels and so she lets me do the buying as we both have hugely different opinions on what high heels actually are!

Flavio Thanks. Those sandals are from Luisa Barcelos, a shoe designer from MG. They are my highest heel (12,8 cm) without plataforms, but only till my new X-mas order arrive. Sscotty 727 Very nice pair of wedge boots. A good opportunity to buy identical pairs for you and your wife. White 6 inches Spike heels I´m a grat fan of your white sandals! DeSalto