Holidays, Family and Heels

sscotty727

Just curious how many of us are planning on wearing some kind of heel while visiting with family over the holiday season coming up; and if so, what heels do you plan on wearing? Myself, I've started wearing either block heels or wedge heels last year and plan on continuing this year. As far as the type, for sit down dinner gatherings (Thanksgiving for example) I will probably wear my chunky heel boots. For Christmas, we usually open the immediate family's gifts at home (wife and kids) and then open the rest at my inlaws in the evening. Since there is a large gathering (my wife's bothers, sisters, cousins, neice and nephews, etc) we tend to open the gifts all over the place (sitting on the floor, etc). For that, I will probably wear my wedge heels or boots. BTW, on a side note, any of the guys ever get heels or give heels as a gift? My wife said I am so hard to shop for and I told her she can always buy me a nice pair of heels. She has yet to do so though. Oh well, maybe one of these days she will surprise me. Scotty

My wife sometimes gives me heels ad gift. We are just waiting for the sales because she promissed me a new pair, may be two! It´s really exciting shopping heels (for me) with her - I love when she ask me in front of the salesperson if "she" will like those heels (I´m not a CD, "she" is just a ficticious one). She bought me 4 pairs till today, two red sandals, one pink plataform sandal and one beige plataform sandal. All 5 inch or more!

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

I'm celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow with a bunch of members of the military, including some Marines freshly home from the war. Because I'd rather be an encouragement to them than a distraction, I'm electing to wear 1-1/4" heels, aka, guy boots.

That is a bummer! It would be a good opportunity to open their eyes to new fashions and maybe they could loose some of their bigotry against folks that dress differently. I was with a Marine acquaintence last month attending a party for a teenage boy that had blond hair highlights. He made a comment that the boy is a damn meterosexual. I was wearing clogs and had colored hair so I replied I guess I am a damn meterosexual also. That shut him up. They tend to think that everyone that doesn't have a crew cut is strange or otherwise abnormal.

I'm celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow with a bunch of members of the military, including some Marines freshly home from the war. Because I'd rather be an encouragement to them than a distraction, I'm electing to wear 1-1/4" heels, aka, guy boots.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Actually, dr1819 has the right attitude on this one. It is more important to let them know we appreciate what they do vs trying to make a statement. You need to choose your "battles" and I fully understand and respect his decision not to push the heels in this instance. Scotty

I'll be wearing a 3 inch block taylored pump at dinner with my wifes family. I have been wearing that size heel for so long no one cares. My wife does buy heels for me but she is unsure of just exactly what I'll wear, so she likes it when we shop together. She also does the same thing that DeSalto's wife does about asking if "she'd" like the style in front of the salesperson however neither she or I am afraid of the reaction so she'll ask me if "I like the style and would I wear it." About 95% of the female salespeople react in a positive way when hearing those questions.

I agree with you Scotty. dr1819 great choice in the case.

Since we're in the middle of a snowstorm today, I'll be wearing my beater boots.(mens ugly rubber sole boots with a 1 inch heel)

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks Scotty, Crotchboots. I did wear a conservative earring, but that's not that uncommon these days among the troops (particular Army and Air Force). After talking with any of them for more than about 15 seconds it was a non-issue. Heels? Now that would have been an issue.

dr1818, I'm glad it worked out for you. It sounds like you made the right choice and I am glad you were able to help make some troups happy with a nice meal. I too opted to go with my wedge boots instead of chunky heels as they would have stood out more and I didn't feel like pushing things too much with all of the extended family around. We tend to eat buffet style and sit all over to eat, so my heels would have been alot more obvious in that setting. Anyway, hope those that celebrate thanksgiving had a great one! Scotty

Hi. Here is the report from North-central New Jersey (USA), and Bethlehem, PA. (LOL).. I wore my St. John's Bay women's 2 1/4" (block-stack) heel to my sisters in Bethlehem, PA for Thanksgiving. Before going, my Dad ( now 68 ) noticed my boots. He said they are nice; took a while to figure they are womens. his girlfriend noticed too, said they are nice ( and they wondered aloud how I like them) and I said I like them. My sister wendy said "Check out those heels!" to me, in a quiet voice. I am SURE she noticed they are Womens boots. But I like them, and I feel sexy ( I am Bi, and my life is tough ) in them. ( sigh ). So, there wasnt bad reaction with 2 1/4" heel heigt. At Dunellen NJ Railroad Station, some people noticed ( teenage girl with her family, 14). They didnt' say anything to me. Mostly non-verbal communication "check out that guy; probably Gay; be careful around him" . Oh well. Diverse crowd ( age-wise) on the train.... mostly Looks and Double-Takes. That's the news from north-central NJ. Take care, all..... /regards/ Joe .

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

Hi everyone, my partner and I spent the holiday at my inlaws vacation house in the mountians in Virginia. They were not supposed to be there untill a few days after we got there. His mother decided to surprise us....and boy did she. I wasn't even 3feet in the door when she asked me what I was wearing on my feet. I was wearing my black 3.5 inch heed cowgirl boots. All I said was I was wearing a pair of cowboy boots with a hiheel.....she said why yes you are, and that was the end of it. We looked at my partner and the look on his face was of someone completely mortified. He got over it and we had a great week with no problems at all. It was wonderfull.

Hi. Here is the report from North-central New Jersey (USA), and Bethlehem, PA. (LOL)..

I wore my St. John's Bay women's 2 1/4" (block-stack) heel to my sisters in Bethlehem, PA for Thanksgiving. Before going, my Dad ( now 68 ) noticed my boots. He said they are nice; took a while to figure they are womens. his girlfriend noticed too, said they are nice ( and they wondered aloud how I like them) and I said I like them. My sister wendy said "Check out those heels!" to me, in a quiet voice. I am SURE she noticed they are Womens boots. But I like them, and I feel sexy ( I am Bi, and my life is tough ) in them. ( sigh ). So, there wasnt bad reaction with 2 1/4" heel heigt. At Dunellen NJ Railroad Station, some people noticed ( teenage girl with her family, 14). They didnt' say anything to me. Mostly non-verbal communication "check out that guy; probably Gay; be careful around him" . Oh well. Diverse crowd ( age-wise) on the train.... mostly Looks and Double-Takes. That's the news from north-central NJ. Take care, all..... /regards/ Joe .

Joenj it sounds like you had a great time at dinner. I was going to wear my 3 inch block heel taylored pumps but changed my mind and went with a 3.5 inch stiletto heel ankle boot. I had to drive about 100 miles to my brother in laws for dinner. While on the trip I had to stop for gas. The girl behind the counter was watching me the entire time I was filling my car. As I was walked inthe store to pay (not even letting me get compltely in side) she says " Nice heels, I love them, I want them, Where did you get them" I told her at my store. She came in on Friday and bought them.

While at dinner my brother in law asked me to help him with his computer in the other room. I walked in the other room and he asks if he could try them on. He had never worn heels but always wanted to. He tried them on and low and be hold he wants me to get him a pair to.

So it turned out to be a great day for me as well. I had a great dinner with family and made two new customers.

Hi everyone, my partner and I spent the holiday at my inlaws vacation house in the mountians in Virginia. They were not supposed to be there untill a few days after we got there. His mother decided to surprise us....and boy did she. I wasn't even 3feet in the door when she asked me what I was wearing on my feet. I was wearing my black 3.5 inch heed cowgirl boots. All I said was I was wearing a pair of cowboy boots with a hiheel.....she said why yes you are, and that was the end of it. We looked at my partner and the look on his face was of someone completely mortified. He got over it and we had a great week with no problems at all.

It was wonderfull.

See as I was saying before . It is time the world changes and deals with open minded people. She responded to what you were wearing .... not in the way you wanted but she did..... then went about her business. I am sure she feels as it isn't her business what you wear, she just needs to get over being so closed minded.

I glad you had a great time at dinner. After all this holiday is all about being with family and loved ones

Mr.Stiletto:-) It was probably the farthest thing from your mind that you would pick up new customers at your family Thanksgiving dinner. Sometimes things work out in the most uusual ways. If you had planned to gain customers at the dinner, it probably would not have worked out for you. Amazing, huh! Especially your brother-in-law. You must keep us up on his new hobby of heel wearing and whether the rest of the family members accept this or not. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

What I would like to wear and what I actually do wear are usually quite divergent. I would like to wear a pair of sculptured heeled black suede pointed toe shoes that are 20's styled, but what I actually wore were my 2-1/2" heel White Mountain ankle boots, that are pretty well accepted by my wife and no one else has ever said anything about them. For Christmas, my fantasy is always a pair of red classic pumps or high heeled stilletto boots, but the reality will most likely be my old reliable Bass penny loafers (womens). They are pretty generic.

Mr.Stiletto:-)

It was probably the farthest thing from your mind that you would pick up new customers at your family Thanksgiving dinner. Sometimes things work out in the most uusual ways. If you had planned to gain customers at the dinner, it probably would not have worked out for you. Amazing, huh! Especially your brother-in-law. You must keep us up on his new hobby of heel wearing and whether the rest of the family members accept this or not.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Thanks for noticing his desire to change his footwaer style Dawn. I let him try on my heels and it looked like was going to have an orgasm. The sad part is I don't think his wife would agree to the change. She has some very old fashioned opinions. I am sure he'll have to hide his desire. You can bet I'll be doing my part to help him with his cause.

The young lady at the gas station was a real surprise though. She came in on Friday and bought the pair I was worn and 2 other pairs of pumps. She did speak to me about how pleased she was that I enjoy wearing heels. I replied well we can let the ladies have all the fun!

For Christmas, my fantasy is always a pair of red classic pumps or high heeled stilletto boots, but the reality will most likely be my old reliable Bass penny loafers (womens). They are pretty generic.

Skechers has a mid calf red patent leather boot with a 4 inch heel and a very pointed toe. I bet you'd like them! I'll see if I can post an image of them tonite after I get home from work

Ok, sorry for the quality of the last 3 pictures. Took them with my camera phone looking into the mirror.

Anyway, here are the boots I wore to my inlaws for Thanksgiving (also wear them to work alot of times).

First, here is a good pic from Ebay when I bought them.

Posted Image

Next is how the boot looks when I have my pant leg completely down

Posted Image

The next show me pulling the pants up a bit so you can see the heel.

Posted Image

The last one I tried to get a better shot so you can see how high the boots actually are. They are my favorite pair because they give me height plus are very descrete.

Posted Image

Scotty

Mr. Stilletto, I have the red heels and also have a pair of neat boots. It is my families and wife reactions I could not endure. My father in law is a very conservative farm boy who just would not understand nor approve. Best not fight this battle. Penny loafers will be ok. I can wear the red in the eveing after everyone has left.