Trousers and Skirts

HighHeelsLover

Hi, Just a question to put to u all I guess. Women can wear trousers and not be called crossdressers, but if a man wears a skirt he is. I guess the question is how fair is this? Is it right that women can have the best of both worlds. Thye have better clothes and shoes mens clothes and shoes r dull and boring. Be good to hear any comments people have. Love to all XXXXX

Men's clothes, for the most part, are functionally designed to permit them to do physical labor with the utmost comfort and protection. Overalls made from heavy material, thick soled workboots, etc. Woman's clothing is designed for looks and enhancing the female figure and form. For a much less physical existance. Practical over pretty, I would guess. While it is practical for a lady to wear riding breeches and riding boots, a man riding in a carriage wearing a frilly dress and bonnet wouldn't really would be very practical. So, until preceptios and attitudes are changed, a man in a dress and high heels is, at the least, a "crossdresser."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes, and someone here once commented on this forum, no matter how much relaity says it differently, pretty is in the eye of the beholder! ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have to say that over half of my clothes are females clothes, though most people never know, as I wear them as a male would wear them. I have button down shirts, jeans, slacks and t-shirts, not to mention the "unmentionables" , socks, shoes, and they all "Pass" as manly male clothes. So even though clothes made for women may be called womens clothes, they don't Have to be, they can be mens clothes too.... ;) TightLevis and HH Boots

Let's look at this from slightly different angle. When a woman wears a pair of men's levis, MOST don't do it for the feel of manliness, so to speak. Counting myself, I think MOST men who would wear a skirt do so for the feminine feel. I consider myself to be a crossdresser with a special bent for heels. My wardrobe is growing (two new skirts on their way!!) but most of my stuff is underwear and footwear, which I wear when I can with relish. I love the distraction of wearing hose, panties and other undergarments under my work clothes. It really brightens the work day, LOL.

Lindsay:-) Heelme:-) TLAHHB:-) I know what you guys are refering to about the thrill of wearing ladies undergarments under your work clothes to work. I wear panties and pantyhose under my work clothes daily as I have mentioned many times before. You know what you all were saying about it getting hairy at times and almost being discovered? Here is a little story for you all. I was at work at the Science Center when my stroke came on and I realized that I was having one because I couldn't pronounce certain words. This happened about 1:00 P.M. in the afternoon. I had already eaten my lunch by that time and my lunch bucket was empty. So I took my lunch bucket to the restroom and locked the door, took off my pantyhose and panties and redressed myself. I then stuffed those items into my lunch bucket. This meant that I had no underwear on, just my shirt, pants, socks and shoes. I then called Mickey and told her quickly that I was having a stroke. I informed my boss that I was having a stroke, put my lunch bucket and bag into my car, locked it up and one of the fellows that I work with drove me to the emergency room at a near-by hospital. It was 3:00 A.M. before they got me into a room and a bed. Meanwhile, no one ask me to take my pants off until I undressed myself in my room. Mickey was a little up-set that they would find me wearing panties and pantyhose until I could get word to her that I had taken them off and they were locked into my lunch bucket in my car. Talk about some of that good old pioneering spirit, eh? That has got to be the story of the week. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Indeed, Dawn HH, you certainly got my attention with that story. First and foremost, my hope is that you fully recover from the stroke and by the looks of your posts here, it appears you're on your way and doing pretty well for the circumstances. I suppose that's part of the thrill, as it's been put in this thread, the possibilty of someone discovering something not meant to be discovered. The difference is you lived through that and even took the time to remove your funwear. Not so much that anyone would have made an issue of it, but good to know Mickey was relieved of worry. Keep getting better.

Heelme:-) Thank you very much for your post reply and your well wishes. I'm coming along, but I'm not back at work yet and I tire easily and sometimes I have to take a snooze in the middle of the day. It's only been since Sept 12th, so I guess that I'm not doing too bad after all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

TLAHHB:-) Thanks very much for your concern. I had my doctor's appointment today and we discussed my returning to work on a limited basis in the near future. It has only been 3 weeks today since the event happened. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hope You get better - LOL BB

Hope it is OK to post in the TV/CD/TS area

Regarding the being caught thing how's this for a story

http://www.fictionmania.com/stories/readtextstory.html?command=search&db=/data/stories.db&max=1&eqstoryIDdatarq=324087502481285162

I would reccomend reading it as it is a good story - not really into the TV thing (although I do wear trousers!) but this story is for everyone.

BB

Thank u all for ur replies. I am beginning to realize that a crossdresser doesn't have to look like a girl he can look like a guy and wear fem clothes that fit with a mans lifestyle. Cowboy boots 2-3 inch heel, tight ladies jeans, vest top ladies style, panties and pantyhose all fem clothes but could be worn day to day and nobody would be any the wiser. U ladies helped me realize this and for that I am very grateful. Thank u I love u all xxxxxxxxxx

I've been meaning to post my latest news for the last week or so and reading the last message about 'wearing fem clothes fitting with a mans lifestyle' reminded me to do it. The other week my gf and I went off for a holiday and since we left early I decided to wear something 'different' - my black knee length 1" wedge boots, black tights and denim cutoff shorts/hotpants with a plain black t-shirt and black fleece jacket. (I got inspired from Xaphod's decision to wear skirts everyday unless there was a good reason not to) Filling up at the petrol station and going into pay resulted in no response at all from the guy at the till, nor from any of the drivers filling up (it was still quite early so not that many people about). On the way down to Cornwall we stopped off at a designer outlet village outside Southampton about 10am and off we went to go round the shops. A few people I noticed cast a glance but no comments or stares or jaws hitting the pavement. The shop assistants were all very friendly and in two shops there didn't even seem to be a glimmer from them that I was wearing something 'different.' It made a difference having the attitude "I'm going shopping and have things to do" and after a while I forgot what I was wearing (until I looked in a mirror!). My girlfriend raised a good point when I mentioned that no one seemed to shocked or bothered is that "they don't know you or what you normally wear" and "they're only clothes." If I had worn higher heels it might have created a different image that might not have gone down as well (been fun though!). To conclude: I mix wearing male and female clothes regularly but mostly try to put forward the image of 'freestyle' male and wearing what I like! After living in London I've seen far stranger!! I do have a picture of the outfit but I have to find it and will post it as well as some others. Hope this inspires others and I will be out pushing the barriers again soon! Nik

NikkiHH:-) I don't see anything wrong with your outfit and I tend to go along with your G/F on this. Like she says...they don't know you and how you normally dress. What's the difference anyways as your G/F is right with it, so who cares, right? Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 5 months later...

I have joined this forum only recently and am catching up on reading as many points of view as possible when I read HHDawn's story of the week about having a stroke and changing underwear (reckon you must be an American with the language you use!). I have a funny story about an SAS soldier told to me by my Dr when I was going through a stage of Gender Dysphoria. She was called to the parachute training area at RAF Brize Norton many years ago to treat an SAS soldier who had fallen awkwardly from the jumping platform 100 feet up and had broken a leg. She wanted to administer an injection of morphin so she could re-crack his leg. He said okay, just stick the needle through his fatiques (Army trousers). She said it was to dirty and that she had to inject direct into his skin. So this muscle of a man with short hair and a crazed stare (and probably a twitch in the corner of one eye) turned to his mates and told them to bugger off and give him a minute. Once they had departed, he removed his trousers and below he was wearing silk black stockings and suspenders. He apparently gave a shrug of the shoulders and said not to tell his mates, he would get the piss taken out of him forever. Whenever I feel a little embarrasses about wearing something feminine either under or over my usual male garbs, I think of that story and suddenly I feel more confident. Mind you, at six feet tall myself and muscular it takes a lot to make me feel embarrassed. Except the time when...........

Kirkules:-) Yep---you guessed it. I'm an American. Some of that good old pioneering stock that you hear about from time to time. BTW---I have recovered from my stroke and I am back to work on a full schedule. I continue to wear my nylon panties and my pantyhose under my male clothes daily to work and everywhere else, and I wear my heels when I am streetheeling and every evening and weekends during my other activities. It sounds like you have a few interesting stories about yourself that would make some great reading for the board members here. Don't be afraid to let us know. You are among friends here on the board. Cheers--- Dawn HH