Announcing hhplace.org's MVP/Rookie of the Year...

kneehighs

What do you guys think about having an annual HHPLACE MVP and HHPLACE Rookie of the Year Award? People are always craving recognition wherever they go and this is one way to create some recognition and motivation to contribute to the forum. Of course, somehow we have to figure out how to finance the winner's prize--a pair of boots/shoes from Italianshoes or silhouette. Maybe Jeff could arrange to give the winner a special unique avatar for the year too. Just brainstorming really, but it seems like a fun idea. It could be by nomination only (you can't nominate yourself) and we could have a poll to gather the results. Here's a rough draft of some rules. 1. No self nominations. All nominations must be made for another person. 2. Nominations must be posted in the Annual MVP and/or Annual Rookie of the Year thread. A nomination made in any other thread will be considered invalid. 3. The members entire hhplace.org name must be present. 4. Nominations must be made within the designated time frame. Any late nominations will be rejected. Any early nominations will be rejected. 5. A poll thread will be created for the vote. 6. The winner will be the user with the greatest percentage of votes. 7. Votes must me made within the designated time frame. Any late votes will be rejected. Any early votes will be rejected. 8. Ties will result in a second vote with only the "tied" candidates present as competitors. Any ideas? Heck, eventually, we could even create an HHPLACE Hall of Fame... :wink:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

There's a lot of work involved in implementing a program like you've suggested. It is a good idea for any organization that has a membership that doesn't fluctuate as wildly as this forum's does. By that I mean, if you look at the membership, sorted by number of posts, you'll see that, percentage wise, there are really very few members that actually post. And, most of those that do don't post regularly. Some post for a few weeks or months and then stop for one reason or another. Another stumbling block is the time frame over which a member posts. If you want to set the time for posting over a 12 month period, then, it will be almost impossible to chose a "most valuable" member for the reasons I posted above. :wink: I appreciate you presenting your idea, however. Thanks.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Kneehighs:-) You have been doing some good thinking there, but there may be too many variables to institute it properly. Lets kick the idea around a while and see just what the other guys and gals think about it. They may have some similar ideas for us to look at also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Interesting...I had a different concept a while back and that be a various challanges contest. For example, one contest could be to have all those who have never worn heels in public to see who could wear the highest heels or most wild heels, etc in the most public place and post pics of the outting with a description to go along with it. It would then be voted on by the members and the winner would get some prize like you mentioned. Various contests for both newbees and regulars could be added with say the winner being the next person to set a challange. Scotty

Why not? If someone or a couple of people want to organise it then go or it. I you want to have a hidden nominations and voting process that the people ln charge have access to, then one way is to create a user account just for this purpose. Various people can then log in to the account and members can send PM's with their nominations or votes to the account.

Ok, folks - we have all these "go-aheads," so Go Ahead! I nominate: hhdawn for most numerous posts. thighbootguy for the most literary posts (he tells long stories) kneehighs for the most explorative posts (he's always forging ahead, on this post and others) jeffb for the most everyday posts (his are simply a reflection of the life he lives!) and (ahem) dr1819 for the most insightful posts (just full of myself, really, but I do think I look at things from unusually insightful angles from time to time). Now - let's vote on an MVP winner!

I have always been under the impression that MVP stood for the "Most Valuable Person", or "Most Valuable Player". Someone else may have other ideas.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Just trying to fit it to the context, Dawn.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

"most valuable player", when talking about a sports team or any other game. "most valuable person" if you are nominating someone from a group, organization, firm or company. Here is could be the person nominated is for making the biggest or most noteworthy contribution to the forum, or somthing like that.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Okay folks, I am going to give the MVP of hhplace.org a test run. If the MVP run is successful, we can add the Rookie of the Year next year. Tentatively, I have plans to open the nomination thread up for the full month of October, and open up the voting thread for the full month of November.

This gives me ample time to resolve any unforseen challenges. The winner will be announced around Xmas time at a specific time yet to be decided. The aim is to break the most ever users registered online at the same time.

(hopefully the board isn't down that day, but if it is, I'll have a back up date set up...lol)

I'll keep you guys posted with any need or new developments as they arise.

Until then, happy heeling.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to structure the nominations thread? dr1819's example above seems fine to me...

I would recommend a straight thread for the nomination process, and then use a poll for final selection of nominated people. I think that nominations should require seconding in order to be able to wade through the many nominations that are likely to result.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

i think that sounds like the best idea shafted, that way anyone get's the cance to be nominated, and then everyone can see who has been nominated in one place nice and easily!!!

Why do we have to conform with fashion??? Boots are the way forward

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Pam... In following through with this, I am planning on limiting the number of nominations one can make to FIVE nominations per person. Anyone else have any more feedback?