Wearing heels at work - after hours, that is ;)

kennard

Hello, everyone. :wink:

Lately I've been staying at work after hours, so I had an inspiration: since I pretty much have the whole floor all to myself, why not take that chance and practice walking in heels? :lol: Well, that's exactly what I did today. After everybody left, I put on my black/white platforms and walked around the empty offices for a while.

Here's some pictures:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It was even better than walking around in my apartment. :oops: I don't know why I never thought of that before... I'm gonna try to do this more often... ;)

K.

If the high heel shoe fits, wear it!

That is certainly one way to get comfortable wearing heels outside of home. Seems that I recall another member doing the same thing. It is cetainly a way of getting from point A to point B.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Your office may have hidden video cameras and they may have a video of you walking around in your heels. You should try wearing your heels to work like JeffB does.

Jamie :-)

Lately I've been staying at work after hours, so I had an inspiration: since I pretty much have the whole floor all to myself, why not take that chance and practice walking in heels? :lol: Well, that's exactly what I did today. After everybody left, I put on my black/white platforms and walked around the empty offices for a while.

Here's some pictures:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It was even better than walking around in my apartment. :oops: I don't know why I never thought of that before... I'm gonna try to do this more often... ;)

K.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Your office may have hidden video cameras and they may have a video of you walking around in your heels. You should try wearing your heels to work like JeffB does.

Jamie :-)

It has crossed my mind, but I don't think there's any hidden camera. I'm one of the IT managers, and security manager to boot, so I think they'd let me know about installing hidden cameras... :lol:

Unfortunately, people here would never be as understanding and supportive as Jeff's coworkers are, so wearing heels at work will have to be a sneaky, after hours (and hopefuly camera-free) sort of thing... :oops:

K.

Hey Kennard,

I Love your heels - v.sexy with lovely slender vamps - so cool to wear them at work too. I'd like to see a pic with some more detail (in higher resolution) if you've got any.

SP.

My webcam, unfortunately, is an old Creative model so the quality isn't all that good. I want to buy a new one, but it's not exactly one of my top priorities right now...

I think I can get a better picture with my cell phone camera, but it'll have to be something like my avatar, 'cause I don't have a large enough mirror and I'm not athletic enough to make it a "standing up" pose... :lol:

K.

I've done that a few times. Usually it was quite fun working late in heels, and always a thrill walking up and down the halls. But there were one too many times where someone would come in late to finish up a project for bedtime, that I began to shy away from it. At the very least, I went to black, hh clogs, so I could leave them under the desk without reaching down to take them off.

Ok, wearing heels at work - take 2! :lol: Today I brought my black/silver platforms and managed to take a good walk around the office.

Some pics:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Too bad I only have these two... :oops: I hope I can find new shoes soon.

K.

Well, at least your not putting hard wear and tear on them yet as your wearing them indoors. Once you start wearing them outside, they start to wear very quickly and you'll need many pairs in order get long life from them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Lovely! those black and silver platforms are really pretty. Where did you get those?

SP.

I got them at our local (brazilian) version of eBay, a website called Mercado Livre (means "free market"). I wish the seller had more shoes in my size... :lol:

Here's some pics with (I hope) better resolution:

Black/White:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Black/Silver:

Posted ImagePosted Image

K.

Kennard:-) Those are some great pics and a couple of great pairs of heels.These days, you really can't be sure that you are not being monitored somehow security-wise. If your work place is anything like most, sometimes informational things are not always passed on to everyone. Sometimes you find out quite by accident. It is always good to be on the side of caution. It wouldn't be good to get caught and lose your job because of it. Shoot some pics to us if you can find anymore shoes in your size. We are more than happy to view them. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Kennard:-)

Those are some great pics and a couple of great pairs of heels.These days, you really can't be sure that you are not being monitored somehow security-wise. If your work place is anything like most, sometimes informational things are not always passed on to everyone. Sometimes you find out quite by accident. It is always good to be on the side of caution. It wouldn't be good to get caught and lose your job because of it. Shoot some pics to us if you can find anymore shoes in your size. We are more than happy to view them. Enjoy!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I certainly wouldn't want to lose my job, but even if there was (and I really don't think there is) some surveilance, I don't think they'd fire me just because I walked around empty offices, after the regular working hours, wearing high heel shoes. :lol:

About finding more shoes to buy, I wish I could find a good online shop (here in Brazil), with a great variety of shoe styles and good (cheap) prices, and obviously the right size for me. :oops: So far, no shop has met all three requisites... :D

BTW, I wear men's size 41 (brazilian size) but those two platforms are actually size 40 (the black/silver is listed as US size 11). Most brazilian women's shoes are ranged between sizes 34 and 39, so even a size 40 is hard to find. I have yet to find a pair of size 41 pumps, which I really would like to have... :)

Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open and constantly looking. ;)

K.

it sounds like the Brazilian size system is approx the Euro size minus 2. _ I got some smart Brazilian made boots off eBay, they are a gaucho style boot with a 3.5inch block heel. they are a US11 so a little big and I haven't used them much. (they also make one hell of a clack walking! need to be worn down for a quieter replacement tip methinks - hee hee)

/I

Kennard:-) Have you thought of ordering your size over e-bay? A lot of the other guys have found larger sizes there, and the store catalogs in the U.S. have a variety of shoes and boots that go up to a U.S. 11 women's size. It may be too costly to have them shipped to Brazil. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

US women 11 actually seems to be a fairly common size here in the US. Thats's my size and I have little difficulty finding trendy womens footwear in that size at he major online shoe stores.

Hello, Everyone. :wink: Yes, I've thought about ordering shoes over eBay, but there are some problems... Not all sellers offer shipping to Brazil, and for those who do, the final price can get too expensive. Let me give you an example: there's this seller offering a pair of size 11 pumps for US$ 15.00, with international S&H adding US$ 17.00, so the final price is US$ 32.00. Brazilian taxes on imported items can get to 60%, so the price would go up to US$ 51.20. As of today, the exchange rate for the US dollar is US$ 1.00 = R$ 2,45. So I'd be paying R$ 125.44 for one pair of shoes. That's about the same ammount I paid for my two platforms, that's two pairs! :lol: And there's also the size problem. Would that specific US size 11 shoe really fit me? I'd hate to find out, after paying a lot of money, that it doesn't... ;) So, I think I'll keep trying to find local (brazilian) sellers. :oops: K.

Kennard, Algumas lojas vendem numeração superior. Eu tenho sandálias n°40 da Datelli e da Arezzo. São lojas que talvez existam aí em Terezina. A Datelli possui inclusive algumas sandálias e sapatos de forma larga, cujo n°39 calça bem o numero 40 e até mesmo o 41 - acabo de comprar uma preta sensacional por R$29,00 (queima de estoque), salto 14,5 com plataforma de 2,5. Boa sorte.

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Sorry guys; After reading my message to Kennard, I tought it may have been rude to poste a message in a language that nobody could understand. I've just told him about my experiences buying large numbers heels in Brazil, and that some shops have quality models in numbers as big as USA 12, for prices as low as $10 (but you have to wait for the sales). I've recently bought a pair of black 5,75" ankle strap dorsay stilettos, 1" plataform, real leather, for $10 (they were renewing their collections). They were size 11, but with a large fit so I could comfortably wear it beeing a size 12.

Sorry guys;

After reading my message to Kennard, I tought it may have been rude to poste a message in a language that nobody could understand. I've just told him about my experiences buying large numbers heels in Brazil, and that some shops have quality models in numbers as big as USA 12, for prices as low as $10 (but you have to wait for the sales). I've recently bought a pair of black 5,75" ankle strap dorsay stilettos, 1" plataform, real leather, for $10 (they were renewing their collections). They were size 11, but with a large fit so I could comfortably wear it beeing a size 12.

Well, I have no doubt there are several shoe stores that might have shoes in my size. The problem is: I'm definitely not comfortable enough going to a shop and having to deal with salespeople and other costumers. That's why I like shopping online. :lol:

Maybe you could act as "middleman", buying the shoes for me. :oops:

K.

Sorry guys;

After reading my message to Kennard, I tought it may have been rude to poste a message in a language that nobody could understand. I've just told him about my experiences buying large numbers heels in Brazil, and that some shops have quality models in numbers as big as USA 12, for prices as low as $10 (but you have to wait for the sales). I've recently bought a pair of black 5,75" ankle strap dorsay stilettos, 1" plataform, real leather, for $10 (they were renewing their collections). They were size 11, but with a large fit so I could comfortably wear it beeing a size 12.

I thought it was kind of interesting to read.

It's all good. ~Arron.

Sorry guys;

After reading my message to Kennard, I tought it may have been rude to poste a message in a language that nobody could understand. I've just told him about my experiences buying large numbers heels in Brazil, and <snip>

don't worry, on Saturday I was browsing in a local charity(thrift) shop and picked up a small teach-yourself Portuguese book for a dolllar and a few pennies - to go on my languages bookshelf rather than use now. i have a few words of Spanish so I can see Portuguese is just different enough to be frustratingly understood by me only in tiny fragments.

but I did spot some uk8 chunky rubber heeled loafers which I returned to try on today. :wink:

/I

Ionic, Portuguese is really a difficult language. When traveling, people think I'm from Russia - both language sounds similar despite their huge differences. Kennard, Wish I could help you to buy your shoes, but I'm sad to say we live thousands of miles away from each other. But don't be uncomfortable leading with salespersons. You can always say that the shoes are a present for your wife, mother or girlfriend. Only a few times I sensed some strange looks from the salesperson. First one when I bought my n° 40 black suede ankle strap dorsay stilettos from Datelli (perhaps because I also bought an identical pair in red, n° 36, for my wife) - but not a word was said. Second one when I've bought my n°39 black ankle strap 2"plataform 7"stilettos "for my wife"- I was looking the other models while waiting the saleswoman wrap it , when she friendly told me to "be comfortable enjoying the other models" (fique a vontade para "namorar" os outros modelos...) - The look on her face when she told me that, made me feel almost shure she guessed for whom were those shoes. Be shure I had a desire to tell her the truth about those heels. In most of times, the saleswoman was just interested to do a sale, and nothing else. But a tip - I do prefer buying heels from saleswoman rather than salesman. Think about it. DeSalto

• 2 weeks later...

Or, if you do buy on line, make sure you fully understand the seller's return policy. Most sellers, like Sexy Shoes and Dugan Brothers have a good return policy for unworn purchases.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 6 years later...

Hello, everyone. :smile:

Ok, wearing heels at work - take 2! :smile: Today I brought my black/silver platforms and managed to take a good walk around the office.

Some pics:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Too bad I only have these two... :penitent: I hope I can find new shoes soon.

K.

Need to ear nylons under your socks. Heels on..socks off, looks mich better.