My Shoe Review: Sexy Shoes 5990 Pumps

JeffB

Posted Image

Other that the Ros Hommerson “Ingra” pumps, I’ve had the Sexy Shoes 5990 pumps in my collection the longest and are among my favorite shoes which I wear often. I have these shoes in six colors: black, black patent (as shown above), bone, brown, navy and turquoise, and they’re simplistically sleek and stylish which is the way I like my shoes as I’m a traditionalist and love the uncomplicated lines of a plain, unadorned pump.

Unlike the Pleaser and Renetti shoes which I’ve previously reviewed, the 5990’s consist of man-made uppers, and while they don’t have the durability, breathability and the excellent feel of genuine leather, the 5990’s require no stretching or break-in period as I’ve worn these shoes at work right out of the box with no fit problems at all. The four and a half inch spike heels, measured from the back (and yes, I do measure the heels on all my shoes) are high enough to satisfy any heeling aficionado, yet are comfortable enough for wearing all day long, which I’ve done more than a few times.

On top of that, the soles have thin ribbing for traction and, therefore, gives you plenty of confidence while walking, so, you don’t have to worry about slip-sliding on the glass smooth soles of brand new leather shoes. Another aspect of the 5990’s which I particularly love is the noticeably loud and sharp clacking sound the heels make on tile or pavement. I’ve never been one for stealth, I like to show my heels, and, more importantly, I like to hear my heels, and the 5990’s have a prominently distinctive sound that I enjoy, a sound that lets everyone know I’m wearing women’s shoes.

Sexy Shoes sells the 5990’s, like the majority of the shoes they offer, in medium width only, so, because mostly men are reading these words of wit, it would behoove you to order one size higher than what you usually wear for a maximum level of comfort. All things considered, I recommend these great looking shoes highly, even if they aren’t leather, the 5990’s wear very well and are quite comfortable. However, I must point out that there are a limited number of colors and larger sizes available in this style from Sexy Shoes, so, go to their website and see what they have to offer.

http://www.sexyshoes.com

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Good review! :lol: Nice simple but sexy shoes. You don't happen to work for sexyshoes do you?! :wink: Seriously, I enjoy reading your posts as they are always very positive and you make highheel/lady shoe wearing for guys sound like a walk in park - in stillettos! I look forward to your future reviews. :oops:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Nice shoes Jeff. Sexy Shoes..aka Leslie shoe co. Roger city Mi. My wife and I visited their store several years ago, A small store on a gravel back road with mostly mail order business. The staff consisted of a manager (Caroll) and two young female clerks filling mail orders. We walked in with me wearing panty hose under slacks and deck shoes. No one was suprised when I asked to try on heels. They were really helpfull and when I complained about a run in my hose they laughed and said that it was the first time that that they heard a man say that. It was all in good fun and we really enjoyed it. Style 4212 wide width fits me well and I bought burgundy, black, black patent. red, red patent, and brown. Yup! BROWN. My favorite. They look so tarty with black hose. Between my wife and I we purchased 10 pairs between us. Great shoes! what more can I say.......Larry.

Love those heels!

Heel-D: Nope! I don't work for Sexy Shoes! Wish I did, though, just for the employee discount if they had one! HA!

Larry: Wow! That must've been a fun experience, actually shopping at Sexy Shoes! And snatching up ten pairs between you and your spouse, a great day indeed!

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have also been a customer of Sexy Shoes for long time. (If I remember correctly, their wearhouse suffered a "catastrophic" fire -- catastrophic because they lost a lot of their stock of high heels -- a few years ago.) Although I have never visited their wearhouse, I've often wanted to. (I've not been in that "neck of the woods" for a long, long time.)

I've found their wide selection of styles and their customer service to be first rate. And, although their shoes are made in china of man made materials, I agree their quality is at the top of the line for synthetics. I believe I've purchesed at least 10 or 12 pairs over the years. The last pair I purchased were a pair of style 7116 in red patent with 6 7/8" heels on my size 10) But, one of my favorite pair, along with style 7114 (formerly style 7115) is style 9622 (like these) in navy blue.

http://www.sexyshoes.comPosted Image

Like JeffB, I don't work for them but I highly recommend them for affordable shoes. And for a man that doesn't want to put a lot of money into high heels, it's just the place to get what you're looking for.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

...Like JeffB, I don't work for them but I highly recommend them for affordable shoes. And for a man that doesn't want to put a lot of money into high heels, it's just the place to get what you're looking for.

AND, they're very male friendly. If you call them and say, "I wear size 10, what size should I order the 7116 in?" Their response won't be "Are you sure? Those are women's high heels!" What they'll say is, "Twelve ought to fit just about right. What color would you like?"

I have a pair of 7116's. They really fit quite well and are well made, now if I could only figure out how to walk in them...