CB17 Update

canadianbeaver17

Hey Folks! I have a new goal. I want to stop just reading posts on this board everyday and actually start contributing more often! Yay!!!

Now it's summer and the weather is nice in Windsor, Ontario. I've been venturing out a bit in my favourite Steve Madden Pepe platforms:

Posted Image

I've wore them to the mall and out to pubs and to clubs downtown (I'm 21 now btw). I've even wore them in front on male friends. Most don't really care. Others are like "great shoes" and just move on with the convo. So as you can see I get my use out of them. Even being high, they are extremely comfy and easy to walk in.

Now a funny thing happened. I keep my shoes out in my closet. My parents know about some of my attire and really don't talk about it and it is not a big deal. Anyways, I went on a trip and when I came back home I notice this pair was missing (note: they are the cheap knock-offs...lol):

Posted Image

So I was like "Hey Ma, did you take my tan strappy heels?". And she was like "Ya I needed them I like them". Although I haven't ventured out in those yet, it was still cool that me and her can be open like that.

I recently bought a pair off ebay:

Posted Image

Now I am use to 4" heels (just like in my avatar). I can wear those no major problem. These new heels are 4.5". It is crazy what a flimzy sandal and an extra half inch can do to your stability and your muscles. I know with some practice I will be a pro at them. I can walk in them, it's just practicing to make them comfortable for me and my muscles. And of course - they really look good with my jeans!.

Well that's all for now. I hope to be contributing more. And if you don't hear from me, slap me one...lol

Cheers!

CB17

canadianbeaver17, I'd say your mom is pretty cool. Does this mean you can raid her shoe hoard now? It's great that you have decided to contribute more. More is always better in this case.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I wonder if his mother will ever borrow the pair of black d'orsay sandals he recently bought. If she does, he's won the grand prize. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Heelfan's got a pair in burgandy. I know this because he nicked them from me! He and I are like a pair of teenage girls!!! :rofl:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks for the feedback....A funny thing though is most people tell me to stay clear of the middle pair (tan strappy ones), but the 1st pair (black steve madden) are no problem to wear....Why is that?

probably because they're not black, and they are a bit more feminine

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All! Last week I was shopping with my gf when she saw a kickass pair of Steve Madden slingback heels. They are black with a 4” heel. A skinny strap with a buckle goes across the toes. It has another thong strap that criss-crosses the main strap. She tried them on and were very hot on her. They were too high so she told me to try them out. Of course, I can do higher heels than her (gotta love that). They looked perfect on me. And for $20 they were a steal. So I got them! Too bad I don’t have a pic. Anyways we went to a bar on Saturday for a going away party. I’ve never done open toe heels before. I thought of some nail polish but it didn’t look right, so I opted for just a clear coat to spruce the peds up. I went with some people that I have wore chic shoes before around them but never noticed. I was a hit with the girls and the guys. Several came up and lifted up my jean leg to see what I had on. They were certainly impressed. One of my friends asked if I was a “trendsetter”. I was like “ummm I dunno, I just like the way they look!” She says she works at a female-only clothing store and gets a lot of guys coming in buying merchandise. She had the same philosophy as me – if it looks good, wear it! Now the heels did hurt a bit at the end of the night, probably because I was breaking them in. But these heels will sure be shown off again. Now two other fun things….Firstly when I was shopping at my gf, we noticed 2 brothers, probably around 10-13, with their mother. They found a pair of lime green platform thong flip flops. Now I know some people here hate that style, but I personally like it. They had them on and were walking around in them. They both asked their mom for a pair. Their mom responded with “well where are you going to wear them?” They both replied at school. I believe she said she would purchase one pair for them since they were cheap. Who knows – maybe they will be a hit on the playground! Secondly…When I went out that night, I drove to the club with a female friend of mine. When she picked me up, she asked for a pair of heels for her. She says she always wears flip flops and wanted to feel pretty for a change. So I gave her a pair. I think that’s really cool. She also asked me for coverup for a pimple – too bad I didn’t have any..lol Cheers All!

Way to go, canadianbeaver17! Sounds like a good time to me.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.