Do you want us?

Vanity

I really don't know how to write this and I am not sure if I am right, but one thing is for sure, those few women you had on this forum is nearly gone and what you got left on "for gals-forum" is TV's and men pretending. It's pathetic. I think that the main reason is/was that there was no respect for the dialogue between us women, always men interupting. When it comes to me, I will be with you for a while. Guys, really, can't you leave a little piece for us? Is there any hope for us? :P

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

I for one would love to see more women here. And I couldn't agree more on the state of the "For the Gals" forum. Recently the mods have cracked down on exactly the type of posting you descibe, but I fear the damage has already seriously been done. In answer to your question, Yes, I want the ladies back.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I don't even read the posts in the Gals' section anymore because I can't bear to listen to a conversation on a contentious issue without butting in! :P

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I don't even read the posts in the Gals' section anymore because I can't bear to listen to a conversation on a contentious issue without butting in!

:P

same here, that area is for you girls only. My wife is welcome to read it though. it is the only way that it will work.

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Vanity, if you read through the women's forum again, you will see that I have said I will try and keep it clear of TV type posts. This I have done to the best of my ability in recent months, however I am waiting for a woman who wishes to take the forum moderator job over. Also it is not fair to say "that what we got left is TV's" on that forum. Most of the recent posts are by Ellen or Sally. We don't prohibit men from commenting or speaking about female fashion topics. But we do ask they post about their own specific activities in the appropriate forum. To turn the subject on it's head, we have had women posting in the TV or guys forum in support of their partners. Or commenting that they like a shoe that was being talked about. Are we going to delete these posts and warn the woman not to comment because she was not a TV? We all have to be as tolerant as we can in these matters. We can't have one rule for some and one for others. Having said that your comment is noted, but we are implementing that policy in any case.

It was not my meaning to be unfair, and I'm very sorry if I offended or hurted anyone. Firefox, I admire your (and the others) work here and I understand what you mean. It must be difficult to spend a lot of time on this site and then get comments like mine, but I just tried to explain how I felt, and perhaps some of the other women. :P

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

Actually, you can help yourselves in this respect. I have put up various warnings and continue to delete the posts of those people who post in the girls forum about non female fashion topics. However, various people still continue to post there about male fashion topics now and again. If you see someone doing so, you can send them a private message. Then the author will have a chance to delete their post or move it, before I have to.

Quite frankly, given the direction and tone this forum is taking recently, I am surprised that any "real" woman would want to post anything here, yet alone read the majority of the comments.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Vanity:-) I have gone along with Firefox on this issue and not posted on the "For the Gals" forum. As a matter of fact, I have not been reading there either to deter any temptation to post there. I am, and always have been, for the gals to post all that they want as I think that they can contribute greatly to all topics. One thing that is certain...The gals have got to take the initiative to jump in and keep the "For the Gals" Forum vibrant and to help keep it alive. This is the reason that Firefox has been looking for someone to chair that Forum and to help keep it alive. I, myself, have nothing against the ladies posting in the "For the Men's and various other Forums. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. The gals wanted a Forum all of their own, now it is up to them to keep it alive and growing. I wish you all the best to that end. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I really don't know how to write this and I am not sure if I am right, but one thing is for sure, those few women you had on this forum is nearly gone and what you got left on "for gals-forum" is TV's and men pretending.

It's pathetic.

I think that the main reason is/was that there was no respect for the dialogue between us women, always men interupting.

When it comes to me, I will be with you for a while.

Guys, really, can't you leave a little piece for us?

Is there any hope for us?

:P

Personally I like it when the gals speak up. We have some very excellent women here who are just far too quiet. You're allowed to post to other forums than just the "For Gals" forum..... please!

Guy posting to the Gals forum can, in many cases, be explained by the way the forum is laid out. If you view messages since the last time you logged in there is no differentiation between the For Gals forum and everything else, so if something looks interesting ...

Perhaps everyone can have a profile that says if they're a guy or a gal - and if they're a guy the message in the For Gals section shows up a different colour to draw your attention to the fact that it's a forum you should think twice about posting into? Or maybe just have the For Gals section come up in pink or something? That way most of the messages from guys would likely stop.