My new boots

slaneyrw

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought some boots from a "normal" shoe store. For those in Melbourne, they were purchased from Chadstone, as the end of financial year sales are on.

Admittably, it was close to closing time, but there were still customers in the store. I was served by a gentlemen, but got a couple of nice comments from the 3 other women who where also working there.

They are a nice chocolate brown knee length boot, size 40 and all leather. The heel is about 4", very comfortable. I have been wearing them for about 4 hours now and I still have feeling in all of my toes.

I usually have troubles with boots as I have a fairly wide foot and usually have difficulty zipping over my in-step. These fit beautifully. The brand is "Robert Robert" have have a small gold plate under the arch of the sole. I'm sure they were thinking of me :P

After purchasing my shoes, I then wore them out of the store and back to my car, about a 4 minute walk. Another first for me :P I'm sure that they were noticed but I did not get any comments.

Here are the images.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers to all..

Rob

Very nice boots! A well designed 4" heel can be quite comfortable. I have a pair of nice 4" heel boots, and compared to a 3" pair of wedge sneakers the boots are far more comfortable to walk in. My feet cramp up in the sneakers. Oh well Good luck with the boots, I hope you let us know of any adventures you go on while wearing them :P Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

nice boots is that black leather? or brown suede hard to tell from the pics. but yeah nice boots how much they cost u?, an would u buy more from the store u went too? later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

slaneyrw i thought they where brown suede, nice. an i can see why u would not normally buy from there, those prices are alittle ott if u pay more than 150 US$. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Nice boots slaneyrw! I wear those for sure out and about.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Slaneyrw:-) I like your new boots and they appear to fit you perfectly. Wearing pantyhose was a good choice to help them to fit better. The 4" heel appears to be designed for comfortable wearing out and about in public. I like the extra design details on the heel cups. Enjoy...and keep us all posted on your adventures outdoors. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Posted Image

I'm VERY impressed with your boots, Slaneyrw! They look absolutely terrific! Right heel height, fabulous styling, cool color, everything about those boots worked to perfection, and you wore them exceptionally well, especially in the pic above which was my favorite of the ones you took! They'd work to perfection with jeans or brown pants! You made a great choice! More power to you!

:P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

slaneyrw

What a gerat looking pair of boots! Wish I could find my size in a shoe store. It sounds like the shopping experience was a lot of fun. Did the clerks say anything when you wore them out of the store?

What do you wear the them with? Is there enough room in the shaft to let you wear then over jeans?

Ahh too many questions. I really hope you enjoy your new boots.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks for the nice comments. The cleak treated me as a normal customer. I originally tried on the same style, but in blank, and only a size 39. They fit (just), but he also suggested another style. They were a size 40, but the calf region was not tight and kept slipping down. Most uncomfortable :P . There should be enough room to wear over jeans, except my jeans are a little longer, and the in-step is still a little tight I would have to double over the bottom of the leg, and that would be a little uncomfortable it think. I'm not a big fan of wearing boots over jeans/pants On the night, I wore these jeans and it covered most of the boot, except for about 2". So the heel, not to mention the sound of the heels on the pavement, would have been on show. Little steps are turning into big ones :P Cheers... Rob

Yesterday morning I went to the supermarket on the way to work to pick supplies, about 6:30 am. I was wearing these boots, with jeans. Only the bottom 1-2" would have been visible. There were a handfull of people, but no one said anything, or even indicated that something was amiss. I'm sure that the sound of the heels would have been heard.

I beginning to realize slaneyrw, that many of the people you think don't notice are pretending not to. I think that they are really afraid of offending you if they ask or comment. And they don't want a scene any more than you do. Besides they probably figure that any guy with the balls to wear them deserves a little respect.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted:-) You could have something there. Then again, if there were other heel clicks around you, no one would notice that they were coming from you. I was grocery shopping in our favorite food store with Mickey one time and there were a few other ladies in the same aisle as we were and a lot of heel clicking was going on, including the sound of my heels also. I felt safe and merrily clicked on just as the ladies were doing while picking items from the shelves. No one was the wiser just where the heel clicking really was coming from. I rather enjoyed that. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Can't say that would be true here. Here the ladies seem to be interested in only comfort. It just seem so pathetically rare here for a woman to wear attractive shoes.

Another quick visit to the supermarket tonight. This time, I'm sure that the guy following me in noticed, as I caught him looking down when I turned around. I think you are right, Shafted. Most people won't say anything, even if they wanted to. I probably wouldn't either What part of Maine are you from? the only reason I ask is that I spent 11 months in Rockland on work experience with Uni. Very nice part of the world, expecially in the autumn.

I'm about an hour and some change north of Rockland in the central part of the state.