Shoe Shopping

Magickman

I went shoe shopping tonight at Famous Footwear in the Minneapolis- St. Paul, Minnesota area. Someone had told me that one of the suburban stores had a substantial stock of high heel boots at sale prices. Arriving at the store, I searched in vain for the promised collection of boots. Finally, I asked one of the sales girls where the boots were. "Follow me," she said. She led me into the stockroom, for a private showing. Huge shelf racks were jam packed with high heel boots. "What is your size?" she asked. When I told her my size, she grabbed the ladder and began to make pile of boot boxes in size 9 1/2. Another shop girl came to help. I was flabbergasted by the level of personal service. Then I began trying on pair after pair of boots-- chunky heels, stilettos, ankle boots, knee boots, every style in my size. The girls made no comments about my selections of various styles of high heeled women's boots. I must have tried on two dozen pairs. After about 45 minutes of trying on boots in front of the girls, and walking in the boots all around the stock room, I had made my selections. Eight pairs had caught my fancy. The girls helped me to carry them back through the showroom to the cash register. With my reward certificate, and all of the sales specials, eight pairs of new boots cost me less than $100.00. The original prices totalled over $450.00. I have always received excellent service at Famous Footwear, but today the service was just exceptional. I asked the shop girls if other fellows bought high heel boots for themselves at that store. No, they told me, I was the only one. My new girlfriend is a high heel fan. When I told her of my purchases, she insisted that I must bring them all over to her condo, to model them for her. What a great night of shoe shopping!

That is awesome! I'd love to have such an experience, although the amount of stores that deal with size 14 and higher is extremely limited. Glad you had a great time shopping!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Magickman -

Welcome to the forum.

What a great shopping experience! I went into a local Famous Footware in Newport Kentucky several months ago when the boots were still on display. I had fun trying to find a pair that might fit but I wear the same size as ShockQueen. Sometimes a smaller size will fit though depending on the style of the boot.

The sales staff wasn’t able to be helpful though. There were other customers and the register was busy. By the way, I went into the store wearing black thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and I wear them outside my jeans. No one seemed surprised I was trying on ladies boots.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Geeze! 8 pair for under $100. Wow! What a bargain. Interesting that you were able to keep 2 sales girls busy, too. :P A new girlfriend that is also a heel nut, and demands that you model your recent purchases for her, is a "keeper." The only thing that would make your relationship any better would be if you both wore the same size. Now, after the show, you need to take here to that store and let her pick up a couple of pair for herself. After all, just think what's $ 20 or $30 worth of new heels would do for your relationship. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

What a deal indeed! You can't beat that with a stick! Good work, my friend! may you enjoy all your new additions! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Magickman:-) Welcome to the Forum. 8 pair...WOW!!! Being a boot man, I should be so lucky to be in such a situation. I would probably blow my mind, and for a $100.00 bill? Fantastic! I'm going to have to check out Famous Footwear. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!