What shoes does everyone wear when driving???

Sally2005

i wear trainers (sneakers to the guys on other side of pond) when i drive, no heels, i moved car off of drive in heels once felt like i had no control, needless to say i wont be doing that again. later nhoj62

I wear whatever heel I happen to be wearing at the time (block heel, clog, etc). I've worn pumps (4", 5", even 6" from the PA turnpike to the DC area) and it was no big deal. Of course I drive automatic so maybe that might make it alot easier? Is there a difference in driving stick with heels vs automatic with heels? Scotty

when driving "The Defect" - my 1977 Datsun 120Y (B210) four door sedan, I wear flats, heeled shoes aren't an option as the brakes on "The Defect" usually work well but occasionally it doesn't get driven for about a "Fortmonth" thats 2 months 8) but once it didn't get driven for 6 months :P I started it up, went to stop, so I could fill the radiator up with water... NO brakes, crap!! luckily there was some brake fluid around the place and it was safe again! Driving "The Defect" as was (3 speed auto) was easier than it is now (4 speed Manual) but the auto wasn't healthy - when the auto was removed the ATF (Auto Trannny Fluid) was BLACK! not claret red like it should be :P as for driving "The Defect" in heels isn't an option, as it spools up VERY quickly! as an auto I could drive it at 90-110% all day - I HAD to... it was that gutless :D but now 110% is a bit too much! still doable in small amounts though! :o later, TXT-1

What do I wear when I am driving? What ever that I am wearing at the time. But I do bring a pair of lower heels or sneakers with me if I am wearing heels, but I don't make an effort to change in to them they are a just in case deal. Both cars are standard, it justs takes a bit longer to change gears, that's all.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Half the cars that I own are stick shifts and the other half are automatics and I have driven them all many times in heels. And yes, Scotty727, there is a difference in driving sticks in heels versus autos. You have to concentrate more when driving a stick in heels. But they both are great fun wearing heels while driving them all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I find I can't depress the clutch pedal far enough if I'm wearing 4" heels and I don't feel in control of the car. Last year I bought a pair of 3" block heel loafers to wear out and drive in, but really they are only good for wearing on soft ground, they are very awkward to drive in due to the thick heel and are not as easy to walk in as a 4" stiletto as I can't pivot and tilt on them. If I am going to drive in heels, I wear a pair of 2.5" heel court shoes (Pumps to those of you in the States)

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

My new 4" Candie's ankle boot in my truck with a 5-speed manual, no problem.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If I am going to be driving more than 30 minutes or so, I will put on some high heel platform mules I keep for the purpose, as my right knee (my gas pedal leg) aches quite badly otherwise. Yes, this actually does work! My original solution on long drives to and from work many years ago was to put my left foot under my right heel, but this eventually started causing problems of it's own with my left knee--bent at an awkward angle all the time--so I tried the high heel option and it worked.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I normally wear trainers or male business shoes, although on those cheeky quite nights when I fancy a drive and a sneaky walk, whichever pair of heels takes my fancy!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

When I'm going out in my heels in public I drive my car whilst wearing 7.5" platform heels. It took me quite a while to get used to clutch and throttle control whilst wearing these shoes, but I practiced on a deserted country road until I felt comfortable (and safe!). The technique I discovered involves getting your feet in the right position in the footwell so that you can pivot on the end of the spike heels to 'rotate' your feet onto and off the pedals. I really enjoy the challenge and the feeling of driving in my platforms! SexyPlatforms.

Sexyplatforms: just be careful if you tend to drive like me: at 110% throttle - Sideways :P - actually I don't drive "The Defect" at 110% most of the time...only when I am in need or an andrenalin fix, in a hurry or seriously pissed off! otherwise I drive it like a grannymobile! I will NEVER wear heel while driving it... read my previous post why!... later, TXT-1

• 4 weeks later...

I used to wear stiletto heeled platforms - but they made my feet too heavy on the gas and I often found myself stranded at lights, spinning my wheels. Now I wear high heels without platforms which give more feel on the pedals.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I've only driven in heels twice, but it wasn't very hard for me. Various sandals I have, from my denim flip-flops to my 2" wedges, seem to be the choice du jour as it's now summer. <---I'd never drive in those

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Danielle:-) Driving in 2" heels is nothing. My cowboy boots only had a 2" heel and I drove in them countless times. No thrill there. You need to get a thrill good and proper. Try driving in 4" or 5" heels and you won't want to ever drive again in a lower heel. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I think if I was even gonna try driving my car in heels, I'd need wider pedals. I've got a clutch, and I like to roll my foot over to press the accelerator and brake simultaneously while downshifting. My sneakers are wide enough to do that, but I'm not sure about pumps... 'Jen'

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.

Danielle:-)

Driving in 2" heels is nothing. My cowboy boots only had a 2" heel and I drove in them countless times. No thrill there. You need to get a thrill good and proper. Try driving in 4" or 5" heels and you won't want to ever drive again in a lower heel.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I've driven in higher heels. It doesn't really work due to my height and lack of a seat that goes back any decent length. I broke in a recent pair of 4 inch heels partially by driving them and my knees wanted to kill my brain, I'm sure.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I actually decided to wear my 4" pumps in today and I had a 2hr drive in rush hour traffic (of course I did have to change back into my clogs to come into the office, unlike Jeff I can't wear pumps to my work). As others have said, I have absolutely no problem with controlling the car and it was pretty much stop and go traffic all the way in. I will probably wear them for a similar journey on the way home tonight too. Scotty