It is freezing in NY!!!!

Pam

Just wanted to get it off my chest! I did some heavy walking last night outdoors...it was -10C or around 8F and today is worse!!! :) Hope everyone is enjoying better weather! Pam

Why???? do you want to get it off of your chest and Why did you go for a walk in such cold (read lousey) weather?????? :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It is freezing in NY!!!!

It ain't exactly ' balmy and tropical ' near the Ohio/Pa. state-line, either.....

:)

We hold these truths to be self-evident:

REAL Corvettes have sharply-peaked fenders and hidden head-lights;

REAL railroads had a 4-track mainline and ran on-the-advertised;

and REAL women wear high heels and short skirts as often as they can!!!!!

Pam:-) What makes you think that the weather is any better here? It's "CHEST" as cold here as it is in New York. Mickey and I are freezing our heels off. WHOOPS! There goes another one. TEE! HEE! Boy! What a rant. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Awww, that ain't cold. Cold is when I went overnight backpacking/camping at Upper Yosemite Falls in Yosemite Valley (CA) in mid-January, and when I woke up to take a leak at 3am, the thermometer read 18 degrees below zero. Of course, what do you expect at 7,000+ altitude in the dead of winter during a winter storm? Then there was the time I walked about 75 feet from the air shuttle to base ops at a northern tier base about two years later during a blinding snowstorm at 22 below, but I had a lot better protective garments on then! Cold is cold, and right now, my hotel room here in Little Rock is about 67 degrees, I left my sweats at home, and it's COLD in here! Then again, there's freezing rain outside, so...

well, we got about 4" of snow over-night, and yesterday, I was diagnosed with bronchitis AND an infected sinus cavity:

I guess they'll be no heel-wearing/picture-taking of BERNADETTE anytime soon..... :)

We hold these truths to be self-evident:

REAL Corvettes have sharply-peaked fenders and hidden head-lights;

REAL railroads had a 4-track mainline and ran on-the-advertised;

and REAL women wear high heels and short skirts as often as they can!!!!!

My relatives live in Ivalo, in the very north of Finland. A few years ago, when it was one of the coldest days ever recorded, it was below -50C at their place. One of the things what they tried was to throw a bucket of water out of the first floor bedroom window, and it froze before it hit the ground. It sounded like a glass pane shattering, they said. Funny thing is that at those temperatures things still work. Cars still drive, trains still go and even the airport stayed open at -52C, even though avionic rules say that airports should close at -50C or colder. But they figured that it wouldn't make that much of a difference anyway and was unlikely to get much colder. And only domestic flights hit that airport, so all planes were from the flag carrier and all pilots have experience with this kind of weather. The coldest that I have ever been in, was near Oulu at about -40 (-39 I think), which was on the same day as they tried the bucket trick in the north. It wasn't windy at all so it was even kind of nice to be out, very crispy-clear air. And I remember flying home that day, the view was incredibly clear. You could basically see 100km far from the plane. B

What's all the fuss about?

Gosh, Trolldeg, that is colder that it was at McMurdo Station, Antartica on the day of my one and only visit.

I once saw -173 on the IOAT, but of course I wasn't directly exposed! It did gel the fuel in the externals - had to draw from wings until we couldn't , then from center body mains.

Well Pam, what do you expect in the month of January?? Here in

Minnesota we are only now getting above zero.

I've moved to Toronto for a job and it was a balmy -4 or so today. It might even go above 0C this week. I'm sure these native Torontonian's coerced mother nature to raise the temp so the army wouldn't have to shovel the snow again :) It's not supposed to be above 0C for another month at least!

I've wanted to visit Sweden and Finland since I started watching the WRC rally. The shots they show make the places look absolutely fantastic, and from the little bit of reading I've done, they aren't "well setup" shots; that's what the countries look like all over. Nice. Can do without the super frosty stuff, but normal -20C weather is ok. And the scenery is gorgeous!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...