Girls feelings on loose slingbacks

Slingfan

I'd like to know some opinions from women on their loose slingbacks or backstraps. Many of us guys think it looks so sexy but obviously most women find it annoying. I'd like to know what you girls think of slingbacks that work their way down. How does it feel when this is happening? How do you feel when you have to pull up the straps? Do you give up after a while and pull the straps up? I'd like to know what women think about it other than the fact that it is annoying. Has anyone worn slings at work that have fallen down? What do you do then?

When slings fall down it's a major pain. The feel of the sling around the back of the ankle, hugging, secure, that is a true joy. I think the issue is that the guys like the fallen look, but the feeling is what matters to the girl wearing the shoes. And slingbacks feel so much nicer when in place. At least, they do for me. I mean, why buy slingbacks if you're going to let the slings fall down? It's better to just purchase a cute pair of mules. :)

As with the case with so many "what does it feel like" questions, I always wonder why the asker doesn't do the very thing they're curious about and find out for themselves? If slingsfan finds falling straps a turn on, just imagin how much greater thrill he would get from experiencing the feeling for himself.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I actually have some slingbacks and on every pair my left sling falls down. It is such a good feeling and I love to fell it slip and pick it back up only to have it slip again. Having said this it fascinates me to hear how women feel about it as they are the ones who experience it in public.

I'm a little different, I love to see a woman with slings that slip and because of that I love to feel it when I wear them. If you like women wearing slings that are snug then I suppose thats how you'd like to wear them. But for me nothing beats a loose sling, although if I have to pick it up every couple of steps I must admit it can get a little pesky.

Well, to each their own, or, as they say: "what ever floats your boat." I've several pairs of slingback pumps and sandals and I find having the straps slip off my heels to be very irritating. I once worked in an office setting where one of the secretaries constantly wore various styles of slingback shoes and sandals with 4" heels. The straps on every pair would wind up beneath her foot, projecting the image of wearing strapless mules. To me, it looked unsightly and I asked her once if she didn't find the slipping straps bothersome. She replied that she actually enjoyed the feeling -- to which I made no comment. She was a very nice looking woman (early 40's) and very good at her job. And, other than slightly detracting from her overall appearance ("kinda-like" an attractive well dressed woman with uncombed hair), I never said another word about it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

These views on slingbacks, slipping or not, are interesting and I can add my own two pennyworth (currently converting to almost 4 cents).

As a male who much appreciates the sight of a woman in any feminine and elegant shoe, I have always felt that slingbacks are the ideal compromise between sexiness and formality – not as boring as many plain courts can be or as flimsy and unstable as the most open styles of sandal. Indeed, Slingfan’s avatar shows exactly my long-time favourite (and currently fashionable) style: longish pointed toe, cut-away top and sides, long thin buckled slingback and a properly-shaped and positioned slender stiletto. Whilst the avatar’s heel looks to be no more than 4 inches (and I certainly like to see higher stilettos, ideally 4.5 – 5.5 inches for ‘normal’ wear), the shoe is no less elegant and attractive on that score. Provided that the shoe is not too enclosed and the heel not too thick, even a 2 – 3 inch slingback style can look good, probably because it will usually be more delicate (and daring) than its court equivalent and less casual than a true sandal.

I’m sure that most women would broadly agree with me on the question of stylishness – certainly, the slingback has never really been out of fashion. And men like them too because, heel type and height aside, they not only look good but need a little more effort to wear and walk in properly – the probability is that some extra wiggle, wobble and ‘heel-click’will be apparent (and much appreciated), even when the slingback is correctly positioned and effective. So, it is hardly surprising that a woman coping competently when her slingbacks are ignored or have slipped or failed can appear even more attractive – but the reverse is true when she is all over the place and merely looks sloppy or cumbersome.

So much for the male observer’s view. My guess is that many women like a slipped slingback because it gives them, in effect, a mule that is more ‘slappy’ than they could normally find – and they like mules (open styles or otherwise) because they are cool and comfortable to wear in warmer weather and/or allow them to show-off their feet. And, if they are honest, they realise that they can look good and be admired and envied by both sexes when they succeed in walking skilfully in a loose, almost dangerous, shoe – scoring extra points when it also has a high, slender heel. A fine balance, perhaps, between being provocative, inventive or practical – rather like a woman proudly showing-off her cleavage in a deliberately unbuttoned blouse and at the same time being more comfortable because she is less covered-up or restrained.

From what others are saying, it seems the general view is that the ineffective slingback is in itself an untidy and (literally) slipshod habit, if not an abuse of a smart pair of shoes. At the same time, it is often at least tolerated, if not encouraged, by both wearers and observers as being a slightly provocative and daring way of making the wearer’s appearance and behaviour seem more attractive, casual or comfortable. But then I don’t like to see someone intentionally wearing a waistcoat undone, a tie loosened or a pair of shoes unlaced, whilst others may feel that is the way to go.

I agree that it is a great turn on to see a woman who handles her loose slings competently. I think it perhaps looks better if only one sling is slipping as it doesn't look as untidy. However, as a lover of loose slings it does not diminish the attraction if the woman isn't handling them as well, for example if both slings fall quickly and flail loosely under her heels and whenever she pulls thenm up they fall in a few steps. For the woman I understand it must be annoying but to many of us it is so attractive.

I have been chatting to a couple of girls recently in a chatroom , they both say they love to wear slingbacks with the straps down a lot of the time. I can say as a transvestite i also like to wear mine with the straps down if i dont have to walk a long way. As an admirer i find the look of a strap under a heel very sexy, but i guess we are all different. love polly

I appreciate Slingfan’s last comments; to me, the only really unattractive slipped slingback scenario is when the wearer is totally clumsy as a result and seems incapable of doing anything about it. Some might find this attractive; others (perhaps including the wearer) might find it embarrassing, as they would if a shoe was coming apart. I would also suggest that two slipped slingbacks might be either accidental or intentional but one is unlikely to be anything other than accidental – assuming that people do not normally like to go around lop-sided! I can cite a recent observation on this. Late last summer on a very hot and sunny day, I went to a free big-band concert at my town’s bandstand. There was a singer (about 45) wearing elegant narrow-strapped slingback sandals with about a 4.5 inch stiletto heel. Both before and after the concert started, she walked on and off the bandstand several times with one slingback caught round her shoe heel and not doing its job, but she clearly didn’t notice because her sandals also had a strap across her instep in front of the ankle which precluded any extra slop – maybe a disappointment to some observers. Offstage, she was sitting with friends and I’m sure one of them told her about her misbehaving slingback as she adjusted it accordingly after about 15 minutes. She was probably embarrassed as it had made her look unprofessional. To me, she looked attractive regardless of her mistake – the more so as her sandals were entirely appropriate and she pranced around in them very capably. She sang well too – a useful bonus! The mistake must have been noticed by most of the audience and I wondered at the time what their various male or female thoughts were!

I don't know because I like my slings loose but I would think that only having one loose sling would be less annoying becuase it looks accidental, as opposed to sloppy or sluty, and it isn't as obvious as having two loose shoes slapping around loudly and loosely. I think the one sling falling slowly down looks so sexy, just as sexy is when one falls quicker than the other, one sling is pulled up then the other falls and then is pulled up and so on and so on.

Yesterday I saw two women in heels, one in a pair of pointy toed pumps and the other in a pair of Diana Ferrari slingback sandals, exactly like the ones in my photo. The straps on the slings were up when I first saw her standing there but as soon as she walked the straps wiggledand i mean wiggled not just fell, their way down so sexily. She handled them really well and seemed unaffected by them. One strap whilst under the heel kept popping up onto the bottom of the heel. I love it when a woman knows how to handle her loose straps, it looked so sexy. I love slings to slip and I love to wear them too.