My Evolution In Shoe Wearing

JeffB

JeffB:-)

Knowing you as we do, there is no question in my mind that you will eventually come up with some combination of an out-fit that will match burgandy spike heels. And then, you will gleefully order a pair of burgandy pumps and later show us all the pics.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, Dawn, I'm always willing to experiment and broaden my horizons, and burgundy piques my interest considerably. Same for gray, another color I'd like to have in my collection. And yes, you can rest assured that if I do pull that off, there WILL be pictures to display!

:)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB:-) Burgandy and gray? HMMMMMMMMMMM! You sure do like a challenge! If any of your co-workers ask how you have come up with the different colors, you can tell them that some of the board members had suggested them to you. Only one thing I can say---GO JEFF, GO!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, it's all part of my personal evolution, Dawn. While black is always a good color to wear, I don't want to stop there. I've got brown, red, white, bone, navy and turquoise in my collection, I want to go further with other colors, so burgundy and gray would be good choices to try, just to see what they would look like on me. Asking other about color coordination is a good idea. I'll give that a try!

• 7 months later...

Well, my evolution continues. Of late, I've been wearing mostly the Pleaser Seduce 420 with five inch heels at the office as they've become just as comfortable for me to wear as four inchers once were. Oh, and that those are really sharp looking pumps doesn't hurt either! The more I wear five inch heels, the more natural they become to me, and I would imagine that in time, that will be all I wear, in time, even four inchers will begin to feel like flats. Chances are I won't go beyond five given what I do for a living, but that will be good enough for me!

:wink:

It's rather remarkable how my shoe wearing has evolved. A lot of that involves my mindset. A year or so ago, I never would've dreamed of wearing five inch heels on a daily basis, I thought they'd be impossible for me to even stand, much less walk in, or that I'd stand out too much in them. But, I was invariably drawn to five inchers, mostly out of curiosity, it took a wee bit of time to acclimate myself to the extra height, but, just like with four inchers (which I once thought I'd never wear in public), I soon grew not only used to five inchers, but became very comfortable in them as walking in those heels is a breeze. It's like they've become an extension of my body and I've grown to love them, particularly the Pleaser Seduce pumps which I'm wearing more and more frequently, partly for the sleek styling, but mostly for the height. Like I said, I won't eclipse five inches, but that may well become my daily height of choice. In fact, that new mindset is already establishing itself as I only look for five inch heels when I visit online retailers and auctions as I'm starting to find four inches somewhat boring. It's all very interesting, and exciting how my thinking has changed in this regard. It's all part of my evolution.

I learned in a 5 inch heel, so when I see something I like, I don't look for a particular heel height. If I like the style, I'll buy it wether the heel is three inches or five. I find that I like alot of the more mainstreem designs when I buy boots, even the euro or elongated pointed toe is sort of growing on me, although I find a classic pointed toe no less comfortable. It's disappointing to see the classic pointed toe virtually dissapearing from mainstreem design. I do hope it comes back.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I learned in a 5 inch heel, so when I see something I like, I don't look for a particular heel height. If I like the style, I'll buy it wether the heel is three inches or five.

Most interesting. I guess I must suffer from some sort of subconscious bias against lower heights since I started out in three inchers, and as I worked my way up the ladder, the lower heights no longer interested me. Everything these days are either four or five inchers, all my three's which were once my stock in trade are long gone and, as I said, these days, I look for five inches first while cyber-shopping. Yep, most interesting indeed!

JeffB:-) That's quite an interesting evolution that you have gone through with your shoe collection. I'm sure that the ladies have all gone through a similiar evolution with their heel wearing. Practice makes perfect must win out over all. Congrats again! I'm sorry that I can't follow you as with my physical conditions, my limit is 4" tops. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yep! Sometimes I amaze myself with how I've evolved. One day I'm nervously going about my business in subdued, two inch block heels and the next, I'm prancing about in five inch fire engine red stilettos! It also appears that as my height requirements have changed, my confidence has soared as well. When I first began wearing heels in public, the notion of being seen in anything other than black was unheard of. These days, I'll wear just about any color that strikes my fancy. I guess that's part of my evolution as well. :wink:

I enjoy hearing the stories about you pushing the envelope JeffB. I too find myself willing to add a little color and daring to my footwear. It's happening so fast it's scary.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I too find myself willing to add a little color and daring to my footwear. It's happening so fast it's scary.

I couldn't agree more, Shafted. My boldness when it comes to wearing different and brighter colors has been startling. I don't mind admitting that as my confidence grew, I came to hate the notion of confining myself to only black or brown, I had to branch out, see just how far I can push that envelope, and it's been quite a fun experience so far! As for you, go ahead and push, gently if you must, but don't limit yourself, go and see just what you can really do when it comes to shoes!

Your experiences are awesome, Jeff. As are your pictures, which could only be topped by a group shot with you in heels along with two or three of your coworkers. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Your experiences are awesome, Jeff. As are your pictures, which could only be topped by a group shot with you in heels along with two or three of your coworkers. :lol:

Hmm! That's a thought! I might have to give that a try sometime down the road!

JeffB:-)

WHAT AN EVOLUTION!!! From the Wright brothers Flyer, (2" block heels), to the Space Shuttle, (5" stiletto spikes). AAANNNND, Away we go!!!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, that's certainly one way of putting it! HA! However, I'm sure this is nothing you haven't heard or read before, Dawn. I genuinely never expected to experience such an evolution when I first began wearing heels in public, it was like every time I got used to wearing a particular height, I felt I needed to go higher as the old height would begin to feel, well, boring. Like I said, five inches is my absolute limit for public wearing, but it's a ceiling I plan to enjoy for a long time to come.

• 3 months later...

It will be awhile yet as I've just begun to wear heels in public. You guys are giving me the courage to consider publicly wearing them on a more frequent basis. I'm nowhere ready to wear stilleto pumps in public but as I read here I beginning to think that the day will come that I can get rid of my last pair of man shoes and be high heeled forever. Thanks.

It will be awhile yet as I've just begun to wear heels in public. You guys are giving me the courage to consider publicly wearing them on a more frequent basis. I'm nowhere ready to wear stilleto pumps in public but as I read here I beginning to think that the day will come that I can get rid of my last pair of man shoes and be high heeled forever. Thanks.

Well, you might be interested in my Across the Pond in a Skirt and Heels thread, then, under For the Guys!

Here's the latest example of my shoe wearing evolution:

Posted Image

Above are the latest offerings from Sexy Shoes. Sharp looking, aren't they? A year or two ago, I would've jumped on those with both feet, but there's just one problem----those heels are only three inches!! Pretty as those pumps are, I can't bring myself to wear them because the heels aren't nearly high enough to suit my discriminating taste. Four is my bare minimum these days while I wear five inchers regularly, so those shoes are sadly, of no interest to me. And my evolution continues....