My Evolution In Shoe Wearing

JeffB

When I first decided to start wearing women's shoes in public (and to this day, I don't know what triggered the impulse, one morning, I simply decided to wear heels), I began, as I'm sure most of you have, with blocky, square toed, stack heeled loafers or boots, something that had a hint of, well, manliness to them. And, for a time, I was content with that.

As the days, weeks and months went on, I began to evolve. Suddenly, I saw those familiar shoes as boring, they didn't satisfy my then unnamable need to expand my horizons, so I opted for loafers and slip-ons that definitely screamed "women's shoes". At the same time, the block heeled boots were cast aside for blade heels. Simultaneously, my heel heights were increasing. In the beginning, I was wearing just two inch heels, but that was wholly unsatisfactory, so I went up to three. And again, I was content.

After two years of occasionally wearing women's shoes, I went to wearing them daily, but something inside told me I needed to go still further....I had to wear pumps! I started slow with low heels, just two inches, in effect, I had downgraded my heel height, but I knew I had to break in pumps slowly with the many people who saw me daily. After the initial nervousness of wearing the ultimate women's shoe, I had grown comfortable with wearing pumps in public at the place where I worked. In fact, I quickly came to LOVE wearing pumps.

And still, I was evolving. For the last year or so, I've been wearing nothing BUT pumps (and the occasional turn in slingbacks), I can't bring myself to wear anything else. And my heel heights have steadily been increasing. Once I was content with two inches, then three, today, I can't bring myself to wear anything LOWER than four inches and will soon start wearing five inches. Needless to say, I've thoroughly enjoyed my evolution in shoe wearing. This is who I am, and what I choose to do, and I'm happy with what I'm doing.

This is one evolution that's done nothing but benefit the way I live.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Good for you. That was interesting reading your progression. I think if something makes you happy through natural stimulation, it must be good for you. If you're happy all the time it's not only good for the mind, but good for the body with a boosted immune system, higher stress tolerances...etc.

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

Very cool story Jeff. I wonder if now that it's winter here in the U.S., you could pull off some jeans/pants tucked into kneehigh boots at work. I'd bet my money that if you had an outfit that lends itself to tucking pantlegs into boots (moderately trendy, edgy) you'd do it and get lots of compliments from the ladies at work.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Very cool story Jeff. I wonder if now that it's winter here in the U.S., you could pull off some jeans/pants tucked into kneehigh boots at work. I'd bet my money that if you had an outfit that lends itself to tucking pantlegs into boots (moderately trendy, edgy) you'd do it and get lots of compliments from the ladies at work.

Winter? It was 20+ degrees celsius here in Santa Barbara, with very scattered clouds. What winter?

the truth shall make you fret

Thanks for the kind words. To be perfectly honest, I haven't seen jeans tucked into knee high boots for quite a long time, so I have no idea if that style's in vogue or not these days. Still, it is rather intriguing....

My heel-wearing evolved, too, from something I had to do to avoid significant ankle pain, by way of a block three-inch heel on a very masculine shoe, to being comfortable wearing a thin heel on an unobtrusive leather boot, such as my avatars, to the left. But that's where my heel-wearing evolvement stopped, although my advocacy for clothing rights has continued to grow.

In an interesting postscript, I've slowly begun the process of purging all my three inch heels from my closet. I can't bring myself to wear anything that low as I've become quite comfortable in four inchers on a daily basis. Also, I don't have any block or stack heels in my collection either as everything's either stilettos or blades. I guess this can be looked upon as part of my evolution.

• 1 month later...

I can't bring myself to wear anything that low as I've become quite comfortable in four inchers on a daily basis. Also, I don't have any block or stack heels in my collection either as everything's either stilettos or blades.

If you remember that message I posted, my evolution has continued. Of late, this has pretty much been the ONLY style I've worn at the office:

Posted Image

Charming shoes, eh? I have that particular style in black, black patent, brown, navy and turquoise along with the slingback variant in black and now brown. I still have my blade heeled pumps, but I rarely wear them anymore. These days, my preference has been for thin heeled shoes instead. And yeah, I still can't bring myself to wear anything UNDER four inches which are quite comfortable for me.

From blocks, to blades to stilettos. My evolution continues....

Great account Jeff. It is good reading for the newcomers to this board to know that tey can start out with the shoes they are most comfortable wearing public and slowly build their way up as their confidence and acceptance grows.

I couldn't agree more. It takes time to build up that sense of confidence, but once you have, the feeling is absolutely wonderful. In my case, wearing spike heeled pumps like in the example above has become as natural to me as breathing. And, needless to say, I love every minute spent in them. Several years ago, that never would've been the case. Again, the importance of heel wearing evolution.

Great story JeffB. I remember when zou announced (on the old board) that you were going to wear heels at work ... it feels like ages ago. It's thanks to guys like you that i have become more confident in wearing heels as a guy. But still man, you're a trailblazer, light-years ahead ... I can't even dream of wearing pumps to work. But I wear heels to go shopping, or to go out on week end, movies, restaurant and all something that I wouldn't have done so easily a few years ago. Keep up opening the way for us Cheers Vanessa

It's thanks to guys like you that i have become more confident in wearing heels as a guy. But still man, you're a trailblazer, light-years ahead ... I can't even dream of wearing pumps to work. But I wear heels to go shopping, or to go out on week end, movies, restaurant and all something that I wouldn't have done so easily a few years ago.

Keep up opening the way for us

Cheers

Vanessa

Thanks for the kind words. I just do as best I can to promote our most unique passion, doing what drives me, and loving every single minute of the experience. While not everyone here can do what I do, it's important that you do what you can, without fear, and enjoy what you do, like me!

:)

If you remember that message I posted, my evolution has continued. Of late, this has pretty much been the ONLY style I've worn at the office:

Posted Image

Charming shoes, eh? I have that particular style in black, black patent, brown, navy and turquoise along with the slingback variant in black and now brown. I still have my blade heeled pumps, but I rarely wear them anymore. These days, my preference has been for thin heeled shoes instead. And yeah, I still can't bring myself to wear anything UNDER four inches which are quite comfortable for me.

Jeff - the patent stuff's for the birds.

Try real leather!

JeffB:-) As you know, I have been one who has been following and encouraging your evolution in public heel wearing and enjoyment. You really are a leader for us all in trying to advance our movement. It would be nice if some day we could meet face to face as it appears that we both have so very much in common to talk about. I try to help out as much as possible to advance our cause as best as my age and body will allow me. We must all evolve and support each other in our efforts to be successful, and you sure have done more than your share for us all. Enjoy and lets all evolve together. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

When I first decided to start wearing women's shoes in public (and to this day, I don't know what triggered the impulse, one morning, I simply decided to wear heels), I began, as I'm sure most of you have, with blocky, square toed, stack heeled loafers or boots, something that had a hint of, well, manliness to them. And, for a time, I was content with that.

As the days, weeks and months went on, I began to evolve. Suddenly, I saw those familiar shoes as boring, they didn't satisfy my then unnamable need to expand my horizons, so I opted for loafers and slip-ons that definitely screamed "women's shoes". At the same time, the block heeled boots were cast aside for blade heels. Simultaneously, my heel heights were increasing. In the beginning, I was wearing just two inch heels, but that was wholly unsatisfactory, so I went up to three. And again, I was content.

After two years of occasionally wearing women's shoes, I went to wearing them daily, but something inside told me I needed to go still further....I had to wear pumps! I started slow with low heels, just two inches, in effect, I had downgraded my heel height, but I knew I had to break in pumps slowly with the many people who saw me daily. After the initial nervousness of wearing the ultimate women's shoe, I had grown comfortable with wearing pumps in public at the place where I worked. In fact, I quickly came to LOVE wearing pumps.

And still, I was evolving. For the last year or so, I've been wearing nothing BUT pumps (and the occasional turn in slingbacks), I can't bring myself to wear anything else. And my heel heights have steadily been increasing. Once I was content with two inches, then three, today, I can't bring myself to wear anything LOWER than four inches and will soon start wearing five inches. Needless to say, I've thoroughly enjoyed my evolution in shoe wearing. This is who I am, and what I choose to do, and I'm happy with what I'm doing.

This is one evolution that's done nothing but benefit the way I live.

Hi Jeff,

my story is a little bit different. My very first outing was on 5.5'' platform boots. The parallelism is my starting with block heels. Later I passed the same development as you. Why not trying real stiletto heels :)

Even if I was often wearing high heeled sandalettes in the last summer - I'm a boot lover. Now in december that's my season! Nevertheless I agree to your pumps love.

When I started my outdoor carreer, I experienced soon the challenge of the pavement. Desastrous for stiletto heels! Hence I was downsizing. Meanwhile my favourite daily footwear are my pointy velours boots with 4'' blade heels :o

greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Posted Image

Those are beauts Jeff!!! :)

JeffB:-)

I love that pair of heels in your recent post. They look so sturdy an yet so stylish. I have had shoes like that in the past and they had unbelievable comfort. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yes, those are fabulous shoes, Dawn! I've come to truly love wearing those pumps as they provide both comfort and incredible style, more importantly, I feel great when I wear them! I highly recommend them to everyone here!

:)

Sexy Shoes has those pumps in bone and white which I plan to buy soon. They also come in purple. I wouldn't mind having that color as well if I can figure out what color combination I can pair with them. :)

Posted Image

Burgundy! Hmm! A most intriguing color! I'd have to do some homework to figure what clothing colors would work best with that color shoe.

And to highheelman, thanks for the kind words. I'm very lucky to work in such an atmosphere where everyone is accepting of the shoes I choose to wear.

JeffB:-) Knowing you as we do, there is no question in my mind that you will eventually come up with some combination of an out-fit that will match burgandy spike heels. And then, you will gleefully order a pair of burgandy pumps and later show us all the pics. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!