Wearing Classic Pumps Outside or to Work

HighHeelPumps

Hey, look around. I think the winter season is over. (It is where I live, anyway. ) Finding a job that would allow you to wear heels while at work surely would depend upon what you are qualified to do. I don't believe it would be wise to appear in a hiring line at a construction site wearing 5" stiletto heels. if you have a marketable profession, wouldn't it be better to find a job in an office, wouldn''t it?

I am in a marketable profession and I still (at least as of yet) have not worn my 5" stiletto high heels into work yet. The company is way too conservative to not say something to me if I did show up wearing those.

So, do what I do when I visit clients at their home offices. I still wear woman's shoes but I choose a pair that are not quite as "identifiable" as woman's wear. Brown or black penny loafer style pumps with 2½" or 3" heels. I dress nicely wearing a sports jacket and a pair of nice Docker pants and go about my business, even going to lunch with a lot of them. Not to worry, even though you aren't wearing the shoes you would like to wear, you are still wearing heels in public. Take a page from ShockQueen's play book and put on a pair that you believe will be accepted by your co-workers.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks guys! I've yet to even visit San Francisco, out a lone, find a job there. I'm sure their would be something I could find though. I hear that I would fit right in wearing heels right off the plane, or is this just a rumor? The reason I said next winter is that I am on a lease which doesn't end until February and there are some other factors that put any kind of relocating before then a bit awkward. Do you think if I heeled into a women's shoe shop for a job, I would be accepted like many of the fictional and some factual writings concerning heelers from this forum? Wouldn't that be a hoot to get a job be able to share the heeling experiences with the women I would meet!

So, do what I do when I visit clients at their home offices. I still wear woman's shoes but I choose a pair that are not quite as "identifiable" as woman's wear. Brown or black penny loafer style pumps with 2½" or 3" heels. I dress nicely wearing a sports jacket and a pair of nice Docker pants and go about my business, even going to lunch with a lot of them. Not to worry, even though you aren't wearing the shoes you would like to wear, you are still wearing heels in public. Take a page from ShockQueen's play book and put on a pair that you believe will be accepted by your co-workers.

That is a good idea. There are many women's loafers with 2.5 to 3" heels that if unless you look real closely, you can't tell if thier male or female shoes.

Do you think if I heeled into a women's shoe shop for a job, I would be accepted like many of the fictional and some factual writings concerning heelers from this forum? Wouldn't that be a hoot to get a job be able to share the heeling experiences with the women I would meet!

Some where, buried deep in the archives, is a story by a member (or former member) of this forum -- Emery, I believe -- that describes his experiences working in a woman's shoe store while wearing high heels. Besides being quite entertaining, it's enlightening. I sure hope someone here can search and find it for all to read. I think it's called something like the Shoe Chronicles, or something similar.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks, KH!:thumbsup: I knew someone would come up with the correct title and location. (I thought Tom (NL) would have posted it before anyone else, though. :smile: ) Emery, I believe I've seen his posts over at the fashion spot. Perhaps he's still active there.