New Shoes I've Just Bought

JeffB

Greetings, everybody! I just got these shoes that I won via eBay:

Posted Image

These pumps, made by Jante have a nearly 4 1/2 inch heel (measured from the back) and look quite stylish. One thing about the fit: There was no mention of these shoes from this auction coming in wide widths, so, on a hunch, I got the size 14 (the maximum size) instead of my usual 13. Turns out I was right, the width is regular, but buying one size larger than what I normally wear for women's shoes was the right call as the fit was quite comfortable.

I'll see what I can do about posting the url for this eBay auction site if anyone's interested in checking it out!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

You're correct about Jante's shoes being comfortable. I've several pair myself. White Patent w/5" heels, Black Patent w/6" heels, and a pair of black velvet w/5" heels. They're nice quality for the price. And, eBay is a good place to buy them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I might try for a pair of the five inchers next. I've always been curious about wearing that height. And at around twenty bucks a pair via eBay, the price can't be beat! :-?

That's the spirit Jeff! Those shoes look much more sexy than your "usuals" and I bet they feel a lot more like a serious high heel too! Five-inchers will enhance that look and feel even more. If you're like some of the rest of us, you'll then find your older pairs feel tame like wearing flatties! The only way to go is up!!! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

JeffB:-) That's a beautiful pair of heels that you got from ebay. Are you going to wear them to the office like your others? If you do, how about a pic? For the price you paid, you will get your use out of them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

To Dawn: Of course I plan to take pics of me in my new shoes! That's become quite a fun exercise for me! :-? To Heelfan: Yeah, that's what I've gathered about wearing five inchers. Sounds mighty intruiging! And yes, I've found that my "usuals", they being the three inchers have started feeling like flats. I imagine that pretty soon, four inches will be my bare mininum.

If you wear your 4" heels to work now, you might as well wear the 5" heels to work when you get them. Afterall, everyone is already used to seeing you walk around in 4" heels, 5" heels won't be that much of a shock to them. Perhaps the most curious will be the women in your office that are surprised that you can wear high heels so easily and with style.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

A very good point indeed, Bubba. With say just a couple of few exceptions, none of the women at our office complex wears anything higher than two or three inches. Co-workers have long since been amazed at seeing me in four inchers, so I guess that wearing five inchers probably won't make much of a difference. The developing mindest that wearing three inchers feel like flats was quite startling to me. Already I've begun buying more four inch heels, and once I begin adding five inchers to the equation, the threes will eventually have to go. I guess this means that I'm evolving, and, in the long run, that can be seen as a good thing.

JeffB:-) Yes, you are evolving---and yes, that is a good thing. But, why don't you dazzle them at the office with your 5 inchers anyways? You have already blown their minds, so you may as well finish the job up right. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Not a bad idea, Dawn! In the meantime, here's a pic of me in those black Jante pumps I recently won in an eBay auction:

Posted Image

I wore all black here, right down to my hosiery and underwear. The pumps were quite comfortable to walk in with that statuesque 4 plus inch heel and felt positively great. And I felt great wearing them. It's just a sleek and gorgeous looking shoe. Just for fun, I didn't mention to anyone that I was wearing new shoes, but no one paid them any attention. I guess everyone's so used to my wearing heels, it's no big deal anymore! HA!

All in all, I would recommend Jante to anyone here.

Time for you to post a new avatar, JeffB. Those black pumps you currently are using are attractive, but you need to replace them with a picture of your new 5" heels....with you in them.... :-?

JeffB:-) You certainly don't disapoint us. Those new black Jante's look fantastic on you in your all black out-fit. You really know how to co-ordinate your out-fit. I'm learning a lot from you on the subject. And you have no trouble wearing a stiletto heel? That's great. I have never had a pair of Jante's, but a lot of people have said that they are the most comfortable heels that they have ever worn. I'm going to have to try a pair sometime. Bubba136:-) I think that's a great idea. Jeff's legs and feet in his heels in a new Avatar. Think about it seriously, Jeff. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, folks, here's a little surprise for everyone here:

Posted Image

I had won two pairs of shoes in that auction, the Jante pumps, and these black patent beauties from Ellie. Try not to drool, though it was hard for me not to! These pumps, with 4 1/2 heels (measured from the back) wowed co-workers, most of whom were amazed to see me in heels that high, and were doubly amazed at how easily I was able to walk in those pumps.

I truly loved wearing those shoes. They matched well with my outfit and, with the tall, spiked heel, looked incredibly sleek. All in all, a good day in heels, as all of my days are! :-?

JeffB:-)

You certainly don't disapoint us. Those new black Jante's look fantastic on you in your all black out-fit. You really know how to co-ordinate your out-fit. I'm learning a lot from you on the subject. And you have no trouble wearing a stiletto heel? That's great. I have never had a pair of Jante's, but a lot of people have said that they are the most comfortable heels that they have ever worn. I'm going to have to try a pair sometime.

Bubba136:-)

I think that's a great idea. Jeff's legs and feet in his heels in a new Avatar. Think about it seriously, Jeff. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Thanks for the compliment. The Jante pumps did indeed wear very well and were remarkably comfortable. Like I mentioned previously, I don't think they come in wide widths, so I went for size 14 instead of 13 and the larger size worked well for me. Depending on how narrow, or wide you feet are, you might need to take that into consideration before you buy.

Showing off my legs and heels in a new avatar, eh? Hmm! Most interesting! I'll give that some thought! :-?

JeffB:-) I wear a 7½ B or M in a heeled pump and an 8 B or M in a heeled boot. That width is quite comfortable for me. Being in that size range means that I have no problem in obtaining shoes or boots. I must stay between 3" and 4" for my heel height. The only other criteria I must meet is that I need a wide or chunky heel, not a stiletto. Would you happen to have a url or a link to Jante shoes as I would like to find out if they manufacture a chunky heel. I really like both of those pairs of shoes that you bid on on e-bay. Are they both new or slightly used? And I am "drooling" over the 4½" patents. I have always liked a shiny black patent pump because they are the most stylish of pumps and being so versatile they can coordinate with any out-fit. Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB:-)

The only other criteria I must meet is that I need a wide or chunky heel, not a stiletto. Would you happen to have a url or a link to Jante shoes as I would like to find out if they manufacture a chunky heel.

I really like both of those pairs of shoes that you bid on on e-bay. Are they both new or slightly used? And I am "drooling" over the 4½" patents. I have always liked a shiny black patent pump because they are the most stylish of pumps and being so versatile they can coordinate with any out-fit. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Greetings! Firstly, I might have already posted Jante's url elsewhere, but here it is:

http://www.jante.com

I know our situations are different, but I just can't bring myself to wear chunky heels any longer, and, as I've mentioned elsewhere, wearing anything LOWER than four inches feel like flats to me.

As for the shoes I won in that auction, they were new, in box, wrapped in clear plastic, the whole nine yards. And yeah, black patent is extremely stylish, and sexy! And those new pumps are simply sensational. I really enjoyed wearing them, and showing them off to everyone here!

Well, I've just won a pair of black Jante pumps with five inch heels. My first pair of five inchers. Once they arrive, I'll test drive them at the office----and take pics! :-?

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm at it again! I've just ordered these beauties from Sexy Shoes:

Posted Image

Brown shoes are starting to really grow on me, so I figured I'd add these slings to my ever growing collection. As soon as I get them, I'll be sure to take a pic to show to everyone!

I like your choice, wheels. I like slingbacks. Although this pair, in my opinion, is just a little feminine for public wear, I think they would really be nice to wear around the house and yard.

An excellent choice, wheels! Who makes those slings? They look really sleek! I wouldn't have any problem wearing them in public if they came in my size! :-?

JeffB:-) Wheels:-) Both Mickey68 and I like both pairs of slingbacks that you fellows pictured. I can see you Jeff, in both pairs at work AND out in public. If this happens, be sure to let us all know what public looks or comments you get. If you, Wheels, like the looks of those slingbacks and can get away with wearing them in public, by all means, order them for yourself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I can see you Jeff, in both pairs at work AND out in public. Dawn HH

I wouldn't mind having a pair of those slings wheels displayed myself! They look really sleek and would go well with light colored clothing, especially tan or brown during spring and summer. Yeah! That could definitely work!

:-?