Avatar picture - choosing a new one for extreme heels

Laurieheels

Which picture should become my new avatar?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Which picture should become my new avatar?

• The first picture, of the red spikes
    • The second picture, of the black patents
    • The third picture, of the black patents
    • Keep the avatar icon you have now!
    • Find something else entirely, I'll post my own suggestion.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Skirted's picture. Simple archive fashion with movement too. It's neat and original. Dawn, I think it is possible for you to have an avatar pic. Even if you are using webTV, I could probably fix it if you are having trouble. Send me a private message with a link on the web to the pic you like and I will try to do it for you.

I know I can have any avatar and I can choose something that reflects my own style, but no one thinks of me as a high heeled goddess when I am not on the internet, despite my heel wearing. I am just a girl who likes heels and tries to make people laugh by being silly. I am not sure that people would get all of it since there are a bunch of things about me that have nothing to do with heels, and this is, after all,. a place for the high heeled goddess part of my life. Thus, asking people to give opinions helps tune into the perspectives of this community, and about how I might be seen here as much as how I would like to be seen here. That sounds about right.

Firefox:-) Thanks very much for your generous offer to help me get an Avatar pic. Having one would be very nice. If you don't mind, I would like to shelve your offer for the present time. Before Mickey68 went into the hospital, we had talked about going back to where we bought our web-tv set-up to see what was involved and what equipment we might need in order to have me take pics of myself and to be able to post them along with my postings on the Forum. I would prefer to have a personal pic of myself for my Avatar pic rather than take something out of a link off of the internet. I will reserve your generous offer of help until later as I might need it then. Thanks again. Let me get Mickey68 back home and stablized in her healing process for now and then I can think about pics later on. In order to have enough time to take care of hearth and home, the dog, and Mickey herself, I have had to take some time off from work in order to take care of everything that I need to take care of each day. There just hasn't been enough hours in the days lately as I have been spending long hours in the hospital. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

They're all rather tame for a true high heel goddess.

I have something like this in mind:

Posted Image

Laurie has just had her shoes "raised" a touch at the shoe repair place :-?

Yeah, but how're you going to elongate her feet?

Seriously, I voted stick with your current avatar.

I believe that there' a shoe-size to heel height ratio which is most appealing to most people, and your current avatar seems to nail it.

The ones you suggested aren't sexier simply because they're higher - in fact, I find them less sexy, and even view them with a bit of distaste, not only for what the higher heel implies with respect to our societal mores, but also they just seem to scream, "ouch!"

Your current avatars, on the other hand, are sexy, well-proportioned, and very attractive, without any of the negative connotations.

S-UK - Well, that is a good one, shows that it is a real girl behind the name on the screen. But at the same time, it gives away a bit too much. You can see darker roots in my hair, I am wearing my pink pyjama top.... Maybe a reprise, after the brown and red in my hair is not showing on the top and looking like black, as well as a different top...

Hmm, too much information Laurie, you are spoiling our illusions. Goddesses don't have dark roots and they always sleep in expensive silk negligees. :-?

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

My cute pink striped pyjamas look very good on me, thank you. And that is exactly the point about the avatar. I think that I have already killed enough mystery by showing my face and being prolific with posting. I see message threads from people who look like fashion models in the pictures. Inaccessible people who seem to be selling something. I tried to share myself, and really, the goals I have in mind are not going to be achieved through that. I have my personal goal of high heel wearing that I have met. But I think that mysterious persona I sought is nothing more than some memory. Everyone knows a great deal about me, people can e-mail me directly, people can see pictures of me... and as a result, people don't e-mail me, aren't always that receptive to pictures of me (come on, there have been some critical people who instead of being happy for what I was able to show, asked for something different and found flaws) Generally, what is the point of trying to be some sort of goddess type in the high heeled community when it feels very few people care? I am thrilled for the support and response that I do have, but how often do the other people posting talk so openly, or get the critical viewpoint in response? I'm not a drop dead sexy super gorgeous super model type. I'm not some european exotic hottie, or in any way mysterious. And I am not trying to be that in my every day life. But I did wish to maintain some of that here. And I was out to show that despite people sitting on benches or leaning over on chairs, I could actually do these things. Stand in heels, walk in heels, live it as a lifestyle. From flat feet to six inch heels with the ability to walk, standing in heels as high as seven inches, straight legged... Maybe the problem is that I have become the reality, and what people really want is the fantasy. the illusion. The hint that it could be so it can fire their dreams. Not someone who can and does, someone strong willed who takes the fantasy and makes it real in an attempt to show it can be done and keep the whispering voices of doubt focused somewhere else. After all, I only ever posted a picture of me after I was accused of being a fraud, someone spinning a fantasy story. That was a few years ago on Jenny's board before hhplace even existed. Honesty. It seems to have ruined the whole thing. A good, honest girl doesn't get ahead on the internet.

Laurieheels:-) First of all, I think you look good in your cute pink striped PJ's. I get the impression that that top is one of your favorites and you wear it a lot around the house, as it should be. We all tend to have our favorite pieces of clothing. Your a writer, and being a prolific poster becomes a part of that. I always enjoy reading your stories and your posts because you base a lot of it on true facts and it also allows your good sense of humor to show through from time to time. Your honest and you have shared yourself through your posting and it shows that it is there. My Mom raised me to be honest and trueful and to be one of the last of the staight-shooters. And BTW---who do you think that I learned "power-posting" from. I think that you are being way too hard on yourself. Your a good person and you have a lot of good attributes and I think you should ease up on yourself just a tad. If people have found flaws in your character, that's their problem. Everyone is flawed to some extent. That's part of being human and you should give those people as little attention as possible. You care about people and things as it should be. You have accomplished a great feat in being able to go from being flat-footed to wearing 6" and 7" heels, and no-one forced you to do it, you did it because you wanted to do it. This alone is one accomplishment that cannot be attained by all women and sets you apart from the run-of-the-mill person. And you do this daily. You have walked the walk, and talked the talk. You have been there, done that, and have gotten the t-shirt. A lot of ladies can't come anyways near that accomplishment. With you, it is not fantasy or illusion, you are strong willed enough to have done this and a lot of other things in your life. You should feel proud in your accomplishments in life. I am a strong willed person too. I hope that all of this will make you feel better about yourself as that is the purpose in my putting all of this together. You have many Goddess qualities and you will always be a Goddess in my eyes. Always look on the bright side---your glass is half full, not half empty. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Laurie, I chose that picture because I thought it was a good one of you. I liked the mischief's smile on your face and the pose with the shoe. I think this picture say's everything about you, were as pictures of feet in shoes don't mean anything, you could be male or female with your present Avatar. I honestly never noticed your dark roots or the fact that you were in your PJ's, I thought you were wearing a shirt. I don't suppose any of the male members of this forum noticed ether, it's the sort of thing that only a woman would notice.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Skirted UK hit it on the head for me. I prefer the fact that you're a real person and not a fantasy Laurie. There are tons of websites out there with pics of artificially attractive women posing in shoes they've never worn before. You're special for being a genuinely attractive woman who wears heels in daily life. Chris

I think I might feel that it will never be the same, and nothing I can do will ever make me feel equal. I do feel like some sort of minority. Striving to earn respect, hoping what I do is accepted well, but always, someone has to spin it negative. I don't think anything can change it. I know, drivel, and the poll means it might not be read. Whatever.

Laurie, What you have achieved is nothing short of amazing. And I know that you do have the admiration of the regulars here. Like the guys above, a real woman, wearing real heels, in the real world, is much more exciting than some fantasy pose of a model. You have my respect.

My view,stay with what you have.Your current avitar looks good. :-?

Maybe the problem is that I have become the reality, and what people really want is the fantasy. the illusion. The hint that it could be so it can fire their dreams.

I think you are right Laurie,I bet some do want a "mystery girl", but that’s just too bad for them..

I've read most of your posts going back a number of years now and feel you have given me a small glimpse of who you are. Every time you post your thoughts and ideas on this forum, the mists that surround you roll back some, revealing a little more of the real person behind the avatar.

I believe it takes courage to show our inner selves Laurie, because to do so means we must lay ourselves open to a number of things, some good ( love & acceptance)and some not so good (ridicule & harassment).

By posting the way you have, you have given to all who care to receive it, a small piece of "who you are" and this is indeed a gift worth much!

Those who bleat because they want you as a high heeled fantasy or perhaps some exotic mystery women, look but don't see..

I feel these people have missed out on something rather special, but as for me, I like you just the way you are. :D

jim

• 2 weeks later...

I hope people check in on this...

As you can see, I have chosen a new avatar. It comes from a quick set of pictures I did for my section on the Jenny's page members area.

Posted Image

I know that picture 3 was in first place, and close second was something else entirely for the voting. The fact that I went for something else and posted this picture of shoes I've never shared, well, it is based on people's actual response, something measured beyond the voting.

I am ont an extreme heels girl for every day. But my new avatar does reflect a pair of shoes I do wear at work on a regular basis.

So it is very fitting to use them here as my new avatar.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this. You all helped a lot.

:-?