What have you bought recently

Francis

Jeff and Lion, thanks for the info. I just showed some concerns about the very reduced vertical space available in the toe box. Beware of developping grown in toe nails in such shoes (I speak of experience unfortunately). I tried lots of similar nice looking models from Rob's for sale collection and although I had extra length available, my big toe was not sufficiently comfortable to wear them for any lenght of time.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted on behalf of RubberVicki: Posted: 2002-04-01 09:46 Cream 4in court sling backs from Ravel with very strappy front <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeff on 2002-04-01 11:35 ]</font>

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

On 2002-03-31 14:36, lion wrote:

Just ordered some new boots online for the first time. Here they are:

Posted Image

They are from Bronx, model Britney with a 4" heel. Can't wait till they arrive!

Seems like I'm becoming a serious Bronx collector, these are going to be my third pair of Bronx. I like the toe and heels shapes of Bronx very much, too bad the shafts are always a bit on the wide side.

These haven't arrived in Scandinavia yet and I don't dare to buy them online. Which company did you order them from? Some Bronxes fit me like a glove, but other ones are 3 sizes too small (all in 41).

But I probably would buy them too if I would get the chance to try them and they would fit. I got a similar pair (the heel is exactly the same) from an Italian brand called Tiscali. Great fit too, by the way.

About the shafts: you must be quite skinny since for me they are usually on the limit. Sometimes I can't even get them closed.

I noticed by the way that now I'm in the gym a few times per week, that my calves are growing, and it gets harder and harder to close the zips of boots that were tight already. Sport is bad for heel-wearers :smile:

Bert

(resized to keep board tidy, sorry!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Francis on 2002-04-04 11:52 ]</font>

What's all the fuss about?

Well, I haven't bought anything recently (during last week B)) but here are a few boots from my collection...

These were bought 2 weeks ago in Tampere, Finland to convince my wife that heels on guys don't attrach attention... She didn't let me wear them. And admit that these are the least intruisive you can find! The heel is 7cm or just under 3". They are from Vagabond, which is an excellent brand.

Posted Image

I bought these in Görtz 17 in Hannover, Germany when there for business. They are too tight but I really had to have a red pair (as my wife has a great pair and I was kind of jealous).. :smile: The heel is a bit over 10cm or 4".

Posted Image

This is one of my first acquisitions, about a year ago or so. I bought them from Shoe Post in the Niewstraat in Brussels, Belgium. They are made of some synthetic material but they fit great (and have a 11cm heel...)

Posted Image

These are my current favourites! I bought them in Helsinki, Finland about a month or so ago. The fit is PERFECT, the heel is nearly 10 cm (4"), and I can't believe how it is possible that they don't stress my feet any more than they do... The brand is Piano, which I guess is Finnish.

Posted Image

I bought these in february in Vantaa, Finland. I had been looking for a boot with a straight but not too thin heel for a while and they were it! They fit fine, but after some hours my toes start hurting a bit. A pity, because it's a great shoe. The heel is 10 cm.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are my wife's. We bought them in Hasselt, Belgium from a shop called Mach 3. They look great, the heel is 8.5cm high, and I wished that I could wear them!! Too bad she wears a 37...

Posted Image

I bought those on eBay from a fellow heelie from Sweden. They don't fit, and I got to sell them to someone some day. I thought that they could be socially acceptable, but my wife almost made me see a shrink when I said that.

Posted Image

Another Finnish brand: Janita. A real size 42. I also bought these in february here in Helsinki. Heel size a bit over 10cm if I remember right, and pretty good fit. Soft heel caps which makes me think that nobody sees me when I wear these B)

Posted Image

And more boots from the Finnish Capital. The brand is Byblot, and I bought them from a chain called Spiritstore (www.spiritstore.fi) for the ridiculous price of 29 EUR (last sale item in february)! They are full leather, and fit quite well. The heel is 10.5 cm, but the heel caps are terrybly noisy. Got to have that fixed some day.

Posted Image

Aahhh... 10 cm or 4" western look boots from Bronx, my favourite brand. Very noisy heelcaps, unfortunately. I have had these for a year already, and look just a bit too girlish (EXTREMELY girlish according to my dear wife) for daily wear. I had to stretch them a bit to get my 42.5 size foot into them.

Posted Image

These are my wife's too. I tried the 41s on, but could not zip them up. Great looking, way too agressive for outdoor wear, at least for a guy. Bought in January in Helsinki. Never measured the heels...

Posted Image

These are my all-time favourites. I have had them for over a year, brand is Bronx. Fit excellently, I have done everything in them and had no problems at all. The heel is just under 9 cm, and they are not catching too much attention.

Posted Image

And FYI: I don't wear normally pants this short and tight. It was for picture purposes and realized later that it looks stupid...

Posted Image

More boots that wished I had myself: my wife has had these for a year or two. Bronx of course, they have a very funky curved but thin heel. She has worn them only on a few occasions, as she thinks the nose is dull...

Posted Image

I bought these about half a year ago in Espoo, Finland when a Swedish chain Nilson opened a new branch in a local shopping mall. They were expensive and I had seen the knee high version of them already before, but the 20% opening discount pulled me over the line. They are way out of question for public wear during the day as the heels are 11 cm high, thin and NOISY. I can walk comfortably in them but after a few km they start killing my feet. But they look so good... They are Bronx too, of course...

Posted Image

Some more eBay aquisitions! Also these came from Sweden. Although they looked good and they fit (albeit tightly), they are more eye-catching than I hoped for. Noisy heelcaps don't help my case too much. My wife wanted to make me throw them away but I saved them from decomposing :roll:. The heel is 4" or 10cm high and they aren't that great to walk on but would use them if I would get some co-operation from misses.

Posted Image

One last pair of Bronx to close this post. Cool boots, but too small! My wife has a pair too and if I whine enough she eventually wears them. Not the same as wearing them myself, but hey - life is not always what you want.

Posted Image

I apologise to the lads who are trying to view this with a v32 modem... I shrunk them already to a size I consider the absolute minimum...

And I got LOTS of boots more, but the pictures aren't in order. Some day, maybe... :smile:

That guy from theforumisdown.com must be wondering what the hell he is getting on his server today. FF, where did you find out about this one?

And NOW I'm going to take a nap. It's 20 past 1 here already and I'm getting up at 5:30. Bloody boot addiction...

Take care everyone!

Bert

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bert on 2002-04-02 00:46 ]</font>

Bert, your collection is amazing. Funny thing is that the boot styles (the "western" looking boots) that most bothered your wife are the styles that out here in the west would probably NOT be noticed by anyone. I was at a department store not long ago, and there was an older gent wearing pointy toed, high heel western boots, appropriately scuffed, muddy, and heavily weathered. His boots had wingtips on the toes, high underslung heel, and fancy stitching. I'm sure the old-timer would faint if he were given the option of wearing some black boots with blade heels of similar height to his Tony Lamas. Habit is a peculiar thing...

On 2002-04-01 23:51, Bert wrote:

These haven't arrived in Scandinavia yet and I don't dare to buy them online. Which company did you order them from? Some Bronxes fit me like a glove, but other ones are 3 sizes too small (all in 41).

I ordered them at http://www.bronx-shoes.com/. These new boots are gonna travel quite a lot because Bronx's are designed in Waalwijk, The Netherlands (in fact 20km from where I live), produced in Brazil and I ordered them online in the US!

About the shafts: you must be quite skinny since for me they are usually on the limit. Sometimes I can't even get them closed.

What do you call skinny? My lenght is 1.75m and my weight is 68kg. By my looks I don't consider myself skinny, but indeed below the knee my legs aren't too wide. But judge for youself:

Posted Image

In this picture I'm wearing Bronx Janine boots (kneehigh, size 41 with a 4" blade heel)

BTW Nice collection you got!

On 2002-04-02 00:52, terayon wrote:

nice collection...almost challenges highlucs in terms of knee high boots =)

Perhaps, but then only in knee highs :smile:

Anyway, found some more pictures. These are the not-so-nice ones, typically from my earlier experiments.

These are quite ok, as they fit really well. A bit noisy though. Bought in Helsinki in the spring of 2001.

Posted Image

Also these come from Helsinki. They are very silent but made out of polyurethane or something and I don't like the feeling - I'm a leather kind of guy. Size 41 EUR. Anyone interested? And, what was I thinking when I bought these pants? They are awful!

Posted Image

Same here. Not made out of leather. Bought last spring from a Swedish chain Dinsko. Not too impressive but I was just discovering this... Anyone interested? And the same pants again...

Posted Image

Near 3" heel cowboys. Bought from US on eBay. A bit too large and one zip broke. Still have to get them fixed.

Posted Image

More boots from Dinsko. They are a bit tight, but I have worn them occasionally, even if it has been quite a while already. I should practice coloring shoes with this pair for example.

Posted Image

Real Frye boots. Heel is 2.5", just enough to get the heel-feeling. I like them, and they are a us woman's 10 1/2. Bought from US.

Posted Image

These come from a Shoe Post in Brussels, Belgium. Not leather, but I wanted to try those platforms at least once. Not my piece of cake. They are roomy for a EUR 42 wearer. (US woman's 11). Anyone interested?

Posted Image

Ah, these are extremely nice. Fit like a glove, bought last january for a fortune. They have this fashionable heel which will become popular this fall...

Posted Image

These are from Rome, Italy when I was there in december 2000. The heel was very high, but they didn't fit too well so I got rid of them. But they looked awesome!

Posted Image

These were bought in september last year in Maastricht, The netherlands. There is something I don't like about them but I don't know what. Perhaps the heel which is covered with leather?

Posted Image

From the beginning of my experimenting period... Made in Spain, bought in Helsinki.

Posted Image

This is the first high heel shoe I could find in my size, and are also labeled as a 42. They look ugly but fit well. Same thing as the pants :smile:

Posted Image

I bought these in Brussels also at some point. Not leather so I don't like them. Fit ok for me. Anyone interested?

Posted Image

Now back to work!

Bert

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bert on 2002-04-03 14:57 ]</font>

Hi Bert, your collection of knee highs definitely beats mine. My number one choice in yours is the 3rd last picture "made in Spain, bought in Helsinki", thats a beautifull classic model I would like to wear. It looks like you could use a "for sale" section on your website soon. Have fun collecting and wearing your boots and greetings from Highluc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

On 2002-04-01 00:17, lion wrote:

I really can't imagine why people think you'll have to squeeze in your toes in those boots. I already have two pairs of Bronx with a similar styled nose, but absolutely no problems concerning the fit. In fact, they fit great!

It seems to depend on the model a lot. I also got a pair (the Tiscalis, scroll up a few posts) with a quite pointy nose and no problems for me either.

Then I have this nice pair of almost impossible 11cm blade heel Bronx boots with a flat nose (see below) which is no problem for my mammuth feet either. Or at least not for the toes, after half an hour you DO feel your feet... :smile:

Posted Image

Highluc, once again here are the images of my over-the-knee boots:

These were from Silhouette? I just went to check their site again and they seem not to be online. Which is perhaps a good thing, or I'd order them right away...

Bert

On 2002-04-03 17:12, Highluc wrote:

Hi Bert, your collection of knee highs definitely beats mine. My number one choice in yours is the 3rd last picture "made in Spain, bought in Helsinki", thats a beautifull classic model I would like to wear.

Well, I initially got my interest from that style but that is just not something you can get away with unnoticed (or with reasonable exposure). And for some reason I don't feel too comfortable in stilettos, I just get the impression that EVERYBODY is staring at me, a problem which I don't have at all when wearing even those Bronx blade heel boots shown above... It's all between the ears, I know.

It looks like you could use a "for sale" section on your website soon. Have fun collecting and wearing your boots and greetings from Highluc

The "for sale" should come ASAP. But as it is low season for boots, and I would buy ones straight away anyway, I am not rushing... unless someboy is of course very keen on getting a particular pair :smile:

Bert

I ordered them at http://www.bronx-shoes.com/.

Ah Diba shoes. Yes I know them, but haven't ordered anything yet. Do you know http://www.shoe-shop.com? They also sell Bronx online and they ship from the UK, so no duty is imposed on them for EUians

These new boots are gonna travel quite a lot because Bronx's are designed in Waalwijk, The Netherlands (in fact 20km from where I live), produced in Brazil and I ordered them online in the US!

Well you can't be an anti-globalist then :smile: But if you're so close to the source, is there no shop in the neigbourhood that carries them all? Otherwise you'd need to have a chat with Frans Dijkmans soon :wink:

What do you call skinny? My lenght is 1.75m and my weight is 68kg. By my looks I don't consider myself skinny, but indeed below the knee my legs aren't too wide. But judge for youself:

No, everything is in proportion :smile: I'm envying you in that respect, because you can just wear any model off the shelf...

BTW Nice collection you got!

There are a few ones that I like too... It's quite something to keep those hidden from my wife's eyes, the collection is quite large already for that (and I got about twice the amount of what you can see above).

br

Bert

Let me make an apology for all those pics that I've resized. The pictures themselves have not been altered, just the space they occupy on the board has been restricted. While we all like to see everyones shoes and boots (I do too!) can we please restrict the width of the pictures to 500. Height isn't a problem. It's just so that when reading posts you don't have to scroll across the page as well. Sorry if anyone has been inconvienced.

Bert: Really awesome boot collection. Every one of them, I'd love to own. Having made several trips to Helsinki...got another one coming up next Wedensday...I am even more impresed with the variety of your boots. You must have been really resourceful to have acquired so many because I've never seen any like them on the streets of your fair city. Each and every one, really great! Thanks for sharing.

Bert, real nice collection. The cowboy type your wife didn't like--I had several pair I just flat wore out some years ago. Thats the classic western style(Paul Bond, etc.)and I just can't find them around here anymore. see http://www.geocities.com/~tucsonboot/page17.html Some where at this sight there is a Paul Bond write up.

I think they look and walk well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slim on 2002-04-05 01:35 ]</font>

Bert, Your wife is tough! I have to agree with the others that have already stated that the underslung heeled western styled boots would be no problem for public wear even in stuffy old New England, U.S.A. Actually, there were several pairs in your collection that would be no problem at all in public. I really liked the onecs that you said were your favorite. (picture with your feet up on the desk....) I went to the movies last night with my new pair of Sketchers platform boots. The heels are what I'd call medium chunky (2 1/4" side by 2 1/2" back) and 4" high while the platform sole is around 2/3" thick. The shaft of the boot is knee high. I wore flared jeans that cover the heel in the back, and like I expected, had no problems whatsoever. I've already worn them to work for a nine hour day, and was extremely comfortable in them. Again, no problems. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Just bought these ankle boots from a Dutch friend. Full details on my website.

Posted Image

A dream to wear anywhere, I'm lucky again this week.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-04-08 18:04 ]</font>

Highluc, great boots you bought, I think they are in line with what I like. I nearly bought a pair on the Heelmeeting in London 2002 in january, wrong coulor that time. But today I wish I had bought them anyway. Well, thats life. Have fun

• 4 weeks later...

Nice sandals, Francis! I have some similar, but of course, mine are platforms, but same color style. Great for summer!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Agree with everyone else here, great collection Bert.

Here are my last purchase. They're really a joy to walk in.

Posted Image

Give some feedback...

My page - http://thighhighs.topcities.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thighhighs on 2002-05-03 17:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thighhighs on 2002-05-03 17:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thighhighs on 2002-05-14 09:24 ]</font>

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

On 2002-05-03 16:19, loveheel wrote:

AWesome collection Bert. How long have you been at this ?

About a year now, or a few months longer perhaps. I have had interest in it before but never got around trying some. When I finally did, all hell broke loose...

One of the ones that you didn't think was for outside (the ones bought in Espoo Finland), really is my fancy. I think it looks very good on you and I don't think it is any more obtrusive than the others.

Thanks for the kind comments, but they just attract too much attention. I have worn them in the city during the evening but during rush hour or so you just get too much exposure.. Some day perhaps?

Bert

On 2002-05-03 17:06, thighhighs wrote:

Agree with everyone else here, great collection Bert.

(/quote]

Thanks!

first edited the source to make it visible... let's check

Bert

Hmmm.... picture doesn't show, but I went to peek on the site directly... GREAT pairs you got!! What size are you? And in which part of Sverige are residing? And why are there so many Swedes with an interest in heels an no Finns? It seems that you are beating us at this hands down, but wait till the ice hockey match is :smile: Just kidding, I actually don't care about ice hockey but Finland and Sweden's competition in this field is legendary... Sommartider hej hej sommartider... Bert

Thighhighs...really nice collection. I especially like your emphasis on black thigh high boots. With your collection and Bert's, I can tell that I need to get over to Scandinavia more often. What about Norway...that's one country not heard from? I suspect that you guys buy up all the great boots and don't leave any for the Norwegians! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Texboots on 2002-05-04 03:13 ]</font>

I think these have got to be the most outrageous platforms I've acquired yet!

Posted Image

The main difference between these and mine is that the shoe is white patent, the ankle strap is red, and the toe strap is blue patent with a white star. I wore them to our coffee group tonight since I just got them, and the ladies couldn't take their eyes off of them! One of my friends said I should wear them to the office someday. I just told her "maybe on a casual day or something like that" since they are a little bit "out there".

They were amazed that I could keep my balance in them though, which I thought was amusing. I gave poor Raven a 'midget complex' at the store today after I put them on, but she said they looked cool on me, so I couldn't resist.

"Be proud, be loud, be heard!"

-Toyah

SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!