Question on Shoes for the Office.....???

Raphael

OK everyone thanks !!!

I will buy a pair of sling-backs then....

Any suggestion on color???

I guess I'll take conservative black....

Not sure yet...

Oh yeah, forgot to say.... I tried on the sandals and you all were right. I will, however aspire to buy a pair of pumps....

What do y'all think about this type for the office:

Cordially,

Raph

Posted Image

What do y'all think about this type for the office:

Posted Image

Those shoes are nice, but if this is to be your initial foray in public wearing heels, then I would suggest you opt for a lower heel, say, three inches, perhaps with a thicker heel and a more rounded or squarish toe. Stay with black which is a sensible color that can be worn all year round. And I strongly recommend hosiery. If you intend to wear black shoes, off-black hosiery would work best.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Those shoes are nice, but if this is to be your initial foray in public wearing heels, then I would suggest you opt for a lower heel, say, three inches, perhaps with a thicker heel and a more rounded or squarish toe. Stay with black which is a sensible color that can be worn all year round. And I strongly recommend hosiery. If you intend to wear black shoes, off-black hosiery would work best.

Love the slings Rahp,they look well made and have plenty of style...but I still have to agree with Jeff.

jim

Depends on your style. I like wearing mines without.

I'm with you - I never wear hosiery with sandals, and always wear black cotton athletic socks with boots and shoes.

I occasionally wear a pair of pantyhose, but only while cold-weather camping of if I'll be walking around downtown in windy, nippy weather. They do a better job of wicking away moisture while worn underneath thermals than do the thermals themselves, and when worn under slacks, they help hold in heat better than the slacks alone while providing just a touch of distance between my skin and the cold touch of the slacks themselves.

It's down to you, your workplace, and what you are capable of carrying off. Physically, mentally, and personality wise.

Firefox is right. You might want to test the temperature of your workplace to see if you can successfully do what you've planned. If there's a posted list of what's suitable to wear in the workplace, check it out. It wouldn't hurt to gradually work your way into heel wearing at your place of work instead of just springing it on everyone all at once.

AMEN!!

I couldn't agree more! I always make sure my hosiery matches well with my outfits. Hosiery can, in some instances, make or break an outfit, that's why color coordination is important when it comes to what you put on your legs.

Case in point: I always wear off-black hosiery with black, gray and olive dress pants and black shoes; navy or suntan with navy pants and navy shoes and suntan or coffee with my brown pants and brown shoes. From head to toe, everything has to match well or you just won't look your best.

I couldn't agree more! I always make sure my hosiery matches well with my outfits. Hosiery can, in some instances, make or break an outfit, that's why color coordination is important when it comes to what you put on your legs.

Case in point: I always wear off-black hosiery with black, gray and olive dress pants and black shoes; navy or suntan with navy pants and navy shoes and suntan or coffee with my brown pants and brown shoes. From head to toe, everything has to match well or you just won't look your best.

... Now ONLY if many women would take this time and care.. :D

-----------------------------------------------

Used to be cosmo_loves_PH before the crash!

Well, I've found that half the fun in wearing heels is putting together just the right outfit to accentuate them. The whole experience had made me more aware of how I look in public, people have said that I look really great, and I've told them that wearing heels gave me the initiative to dress better! :D

JeffB:-) The whole experience certainly HAS made you more aware of how you look in public. Co-ordinating with the shoes has really sharpened your outward image and appearance. You look fantastic in the few pics that I have seen and wearing heels really does suit you and look outstanding on your feet. They are now a part of you and everyone in contact with you will expect you to wear heels and look sharp constantly. Congrats. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I've found that it's really fun to dress nice, something I could never say before, and again, it's all because of the shoes. Heck, while it's not a requirement to wear full blown suits at the office, I have no doubt I'd look sharp in one, provided I match it up with the right pair of heels. Men's shoes? YUCK! And yeah, people have said that I look natural wearing heels, so yeah, they HAVE become part of me and my total image!

JeffB:-) I'm like you Jeff, as I have found that it is great fun to dress up, and also great fun to dress down at times for whatever the ocassion may be. I'm always prepared for anything, just as you are. How about this for a different look for you at the office? You would only have to do this once unless you would choose to do it more often. Put on a full blown business suit with your heels. This would give your co-workers another look to "ooo" and "aww" about. Then after everyone has seen you that way you could hang your suit-coat over the back of your office chair and loosen your tie. If this does happen, let us all know the results and then maybe throw a pic in so that we can all see. Your a very amazing fellow Jeff, and sometimes you have to throw your public an extra bone to keep the interest alive. Has your way of dressing caused any of your co-workers to attempt to up-grade their office out-fits any other than heels? This would also prove that a man CAN look good matching heels to any out-fit for any ocassion neccessary. Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB:-) How about this for a different look for you at the office? You would only have to do this once unless you would choose to do it more often. Put on a full blown business suit with your heels. This would give your co-workers another look to "ooo" and "aww" about.

:rofl: That's one hell of a great idea there, Dawn! I like it! I might just give that a try and see what happens! It sounds like fun! :D

As for whether or not my choice of footwear has influenced others to upgrade theirs, I don't think so. A majority of the ladies at our complex are pretty set in their ways, some wear nice heels on a daily basis, some wear sneakers, while others just throw on whatever fits, regardless of what it may look like. But, hey, that's their choice.

Me? Amazing? Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. I'm just doing what I love, it just so happens that love is for wearing heels, I'm just more open and up front about it than most! :)

JeffB:-) GRRREAT!!! You think my idea with the business suit is worth considering? HOT D***, SAM!!! If you ever put that plan into working order, be sure and let us all know what happens, O.K.? I won't tell anyone if you don't tell anyone---SSHHHHH! (Whispers---I still think that you are amazing! Don't tell anyone! SSHHHHH). I think that you have by now quessed that I also love to wear high heels. They have always fascinated me on both males and females. I have said this before, I love the look, the fit, and the feel of them on my legs and feet and I am quite comfortable wearing them daily. Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB:-)

GRRREAT!!! You think my idea with the business suit is worth considering? HOT D***, SAM!!! If you ever put that plan into working order, be sure and let us all know what happens, O.K.?

I won't tell anyone if you don't tell anyone---SSHHHHH! (Whispers---I still think that you are amazing! Don't tell anyone! SSHHHHH).

Well, your idea is fascinating on so many levels, and it'd be a lot of fun too! I'm already formulating ideas on suit colors and what style of heel would work best with a suit. This is preliminary stuff mind you, but I'm thinking along the lines of maybe steel gray (pinstripe perhaps) with black, spike heeled pumps. Yeah, that shows promise. :D

By the by, thanks for the compliment about my being amazing. I'm humbled.

JeffB:-) I see that you are begining to develope the ground work on your suit idea. A steel gray, (or a pin stripe), suit with black spike heeled pumps sounds great for a start. There are a lot of possibilities for out-fits including a business suit, which will give you more variety for work or office clothes. What is the attitude of the other African-American co-workers concerning the way you dress as aposed to the way they dress? Do they set you aside because of your type of activities? I sure hope not. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I see that you are begining to develope the ground work on your suit idea. A steel gray, (or a pin stripe), suit with black spike heeled pumps sounds great for a start. There are a lot of possibilities for out-fits including a business suit, which will give you more variety for work or office clothes.

What is the attitude of the other African-American co-workers concerning the way you dress as aposed to the way they dress? Do they set you aside because of your type of activities? I sure hope not. Cheers---

Dawn HH

I think I responded to this elsewhere, but I don't mind repeating myself. I checked out the price of suits and was stunned by what I saw, especially since I hadn't owned a suit in years. Still, I think I can find something for a moderate price that will work well for me.

The combination of a pinstriped, steel gray suit, white shirt, red tie, off-black pantyhose (can't forget the hosiery!) and black, spike heeled pumps would work extremely well I think. Yes indeed! This idea has considerable merit. Who knows, if I go through with this and people see me, I could start a whole new fashion trend! Call it: "Men's High Heeled Business Chic"! If I didn't have a face like the southbound end of a northbound horse, I could even model for GQ!! :rofl:

To answer your question, there are four or five other African-American men out of the nearly 200 people in our complex, and none of them have said anything about what I wear, yet, they're all friendly towards me and we get along well, which is a good thing! :D

JeffB:-) Thanks ever-so-much for helping me to get my last post back where it belongs. It got stuck in cyberspace somewhere and got dumped into the wrong thread. Oh, well!!! The complete out-fit that you described with the pin-striped suit sounds simply scrumptious, and I DO hope that you CAN start a new "Business Chic" class of dressing for your sake, and for the sake of any man who wants to dress that way. I am very happy for you that your fellow African-American co-workers are friendly to you and don't care what you have on your feet and get along without any snide remarks about you. Kudos to all involved, and you can tell them I said so if you choose to do that. Cheers-- Dawn HH

Thanks ever-so-much for helping me to get my last post back where it belongs. It got stuck in cyberspace somewhere and got dumped into the wrong thread. Oh, well!!!

Ahh! The "joys" of modern technology! :D

The complete out-fit that you described with the pin-striped suit sounds simply scrumptious, and I DO hope that you CAN start a new "Business Chic" class of dressing for your sake, and for the sake of any man who wants to dress that way.

I think it's all about expanding horizons when it comes to fashion. Men should want to push the envelope as much and as far as possible and explore new territories when it comes to clothing. Pairing a business suit with spike heeled pumps would be quite elegant if done right. All it would take is someone to make that initial foray and then run with it. Heck, folks at the office would be more astonished by my showing up in a suit! They're already used to the heels! :rofl:

I am very happy for you that your fellow African-American co-workers are friendly to you and don't care what you have on your feet and get along without any snide remarks about you. Kudos to all involved, and you can tell them I said so if you choose to do that.

Yeah, we all get along well at the office! One of those AA's is gay, so if everyone's long used to him, then they certainly have no problem with me! :)