Will wear heels in my office with suit tomorrow...

Raphael

Greetings,

I have finally decided that it is time.

There are still a huge number of people out of the office for the next two days coming back from vacation on the 6th September.

I have decided to wear my heels under my desk for the entire day (as much as I can) tomorrow.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I have decided to wear these with my business suit.

Posted Image

I guess we will see how that goes. There's only two other guys in the office at the moment and 10 women.

Cordially,

Raph :D

Hey Raph! In my opinion, I don't believe that particular pair of heels will look good with a suit. One reason is they are "thong" type sandals with a piece of leather that goes between your toes, meaning that you will have to wear them without stockings. And, I don't think that will look very good especially if you don't have polished toe nails. Besides, they are way to feminine looking. I would think a pair like JeffB wears (see pictures of his shoes in another thread on this forum) would be more subtle (besides having to unbuckle the ankle strap under your desk every time you wanted to slip out of them for some reason or other, would be kinda time consuming and, might call unwanted attention to you. In any case, good luck should you decide to wear them. I am eager to hear about your experience.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree completely Bubba, the open shoes he has chosen would clash with with a business suit for sure. :D Can I suggest you try a more conservative pair Raph, perhaps a closed shoe or boot with a moderate heel.Chose a pair that will blend with and compliment the clothing you plan to wear at the office.I think you will look better, and feel more confident for it. If you are having trouble putting something together, ask a female friend for advise, most women are very good at coordinating their clothing and shoes. Failing that,a trip to your favorite shoe store could be in order. Just ask one of the more mature sales women for a pair of shoes that will go with your suit.I'm sure she will be eager for the sale and will happily steer you in the right direction. Good luck….. jim

I wholeheartedly agree with Jim and Bubba. Sandals with a business suit doesn't look good on women, never mind men. If you're going to do something like this, then go with a pump or slingback, both are stylish and work well with something like a suit.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'd agree with Bubba Jim and Jeff. I'd also select a darker style with closed toes, boot, bootie, loafer, or pump. Sandals with a business suit is something they push out at fashion shows, but to be honest it's something which struggles to look good on a model. Most men or women have no chance to look cool with it.

OK everyone thanks !!!

I will buy a pair of sling-backs then....

Any suggestion on color???

I guess I'll take conservative black....

Not sure yet...

Oh yeah, forgot to say.... I tried on the sandals and you all were right. I will, however aspire to buy a pair of pumps....

What do y'all think about this one:

Posted Image

Cordially,

Raph :D

A bit high. It will probably be too much of a shock for most people, remember that if someone says they look good it isn't neccessarily their honest opinion.

I would suggest starting with lower, thicker heels and move up as your colleagues get used to the idea of you in heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, considering your original plan was to wear the shoes while sitting at your desk.. those slingbacks should work great :D Enough heel that you will definatly feel them while sitting and working, just be sure they are not too much of a distraction.. hehe Have fun Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Posted Image

Well, I'm kinda partial to these shoes. very classy looking, and they could be worn away from the desk as the style lends itself to being matched with a suit.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!