Laurie needs new Boots for Winter - you can help!

Laurieheels

Hi! Yes, I know, I don't post enough. Well, it is almost September, and that means snow is only a few months away. With a few late summer days of cold rain now gone and the sun returning, I am confoirted, but still thinking about the colder weather to come. I love autumn, and winter looks pretty, but keeping warm is important. I need new boots. But I have no idea what to get. So I would like help from everyone in tracking down a suitable pair of boots. Anything you can suggest about an actual pair would be great. There are only a few things I am looking for. The heel cannot be super high. I do have to wear these through ice and snow, after all. So nothing higher than 4 inches. The height of the boot should be just under the knee, or close to it. The color has to be black. They should be available in sizes up to U.S. 11 I prefer side zips with a lace front detail but any style will do. So if you come across anything, share it! Pictures are great, of course, however you can get them. Price is not a concern, but listing one if you know it would be great. So please help me out, help me find a nice pair of boots that will look good and be perfect for the fickle Calgary winter to come!

I liked THESE from Piere Silber, Laurie.

No they aren't leather, they have 5" heels, not 4, and I'm not even sure they have a side zipper to complement the side-lacing,

but they DO come in larger sizes, the price is more reasonable than you'd expect ($69.99), and they ARE black.

They also look wicked "fierce", to create a pun, of sorts.

Oh, by the way, PJ, and anybody else that is tempted to use long url's, but detests horizontal scrolling,

there is a little known option in BB Code that allows you to HIDE the long url behind a shorter description or word.

Using one of PJ's url's as an example, you can do what he did, or you can do THIS, e.g.

[url=http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?.......PRD&ItemID=09f5424........] THIS [/url]

Notice the "=" before the url gobbledygook and the closing brace ( " ] " ) of the first tag, then the title

("THIS", in this case), then the closing tag (" ").

If you mouse over the "url" button in the "post reply" or "edit post" section, without clicking on it,

you can see a printed hint between the rows of buttons and the message box showing the same thing, BTW.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Oh come on guys, surely you have a few suggestions for Laurie, or does everyone only just click on the View Posts Since Last Visit link???

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

We're getting close, certainly, but I think more searching is needed. Heels are good, shape is good, but I would love the lace detail on the front. It allows for a custom fit up the leg, after all.

The boots I did want were available from Steve Madden last year but at the time I could not afford them.

Let me see if I can find a picture.

Newp, nothing like them this year, but something else that draws my attention is

Posted Image

I like a bit of detail to keep things interesting.

Well, the chains are too close to the bottom. I think the boots should have some sort of ornamentation, wheather it be lace holes or a buckle strap, all the way up the boot shaft.

Gene put a link in to Zappos, here are a few things there I really like, to give an idea of what I am looking for

Posted Image

3 1/2 inch heel but that might be good for ice and snow

Posted Image

The heel is a bit thick, good for traction, but not as sleek and sexy as the goddess image entails.

Posted Image

Only a three inch heel, but more sculpted so it looks a b9it nicer, but the toe is a biut army-ish.

So there are a few things to kind of give the idea of what I am looking for. The first pair would certainly be on my purchase list.

Good choice Laurie! The first pair is a very nice looking boot indeed, will certainly keep your legs warm! Wonder if they would be slippery in the snow and ice though, they don't look like having any grip on the soles!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Hoverfly, that fits extremely close. Close enough that it would be an excellent choice. I was thinking eyelets for the laces would be neat, but they're not a requirement. We have a tie for the front runner I think :D The three thick strap buckle pair JeffB said would be perfect happen to be the other front runner at the moment. :)