Another pet hate

A similar topic has been started and I remembered that this one has been all ready been started in the past so I decided to revive this one.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you, Hoverfly! I have several pet peeves. One involves incredibly uncaring women who... Just kidding, Anita! I actually enjoyed your post! Ok - seriously... One of my pet peeves involves salespeople. No matter who, what, where, why, or when, if I walk into a store, they attack. Lately, it's been getting more polite - if I say, "no thank you," they do back off quite readily and let me browse. It used to be, though, they'd ignore that and begin showing you their product line, trying to talk me into buying. At one point I got so steamed in a major department store that I asked to speak with the floor manager. When I described the problem, he turned to the saleslady and gave her a look then turned back to me and said, "I'm sorry, sir - I'll take whatever measures are necessary to ensure it doesn't happen again." That's when I really got steamed! I said, "Hold on there, Tex! You think it's her fault? Think again! It's yours! All of your salespeople here attack myself and others the same way. They don't give us room to think, much less shop. Are they all to blame for that? I don't think so! Who trained them? Aren't you the one who sets policy, who trains them, who holds them to a certain standard?" He stared dumbfounded for another twenty seconds as I finished, then actually apologized - for himself. You know - there's been a significant change at that store...

My biggest is people who don't know how to use roundabouts properly. When I learned to drive I was taught about which was the correct lane, when to indicate and who had right of way. So why does nobody else seem to know? This particularly ticks me off on my way home after a twelve hour night shift, when I on average spend at least five minutes at one particular roundabout giving way to traffic turning left without signalling. :D Chris

• 2 months later...

Pet peeves:--- 1. Being on time for scheduled Dr. appointment and having to wait 2 hrs. till the Dr. can see you, as if our time isn't important to us. 2. Restaurant diners answering cell phone calls at tables around you when you would like to enjoy a quiet meal with your wife/so. It never accurs to them they should shut them off until leaving the table. 3. Motorcyclists traveling between 2 rows of standing traffic so they can beat every-one when the light turns green instead of waiting their turn in traffic. I have almost lost my side-mirrors in some very close calls several times. The police cyclists have even tried this themselves at times in heavy traffic. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn I friend of mine phones his doctors surgery about 20 minutes before his due appointment and asked if the doctor is on time. If he isnt then he continues to work until it is near time for the re-scheduled time slot. He has at times also told the receptionist that he is cancelling his appointment and when told he will have to a percentage of the fee for cancellation with out 24 hours notice he tells them to take him to court over it and he will tell the court it was the doctor who was late, not him. So far he has never had to pay. He considers his time just as valuable as the doctor's. Jeff

2. Restaurant diners answering cell phone calls at tables around you when you would like to enjoy a quiet meal with your wife/so. It never accurs to them they should shut them off until leaving the table.

What is the difference between people having an audible conversation between themselves on the next table and someone speaking on a mobile phone?

What is the difference between people having an audible conversation between themselves on the next table and someone speaking on a mobile phone?

They generally talk a lot louder over the phone then carrying a general conversation at the table. :x

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I think it's more psychological. You can only hear one side of the conversation so like people talking in a foregn language, it can be more disturbing than normal converation. It's strange that people object to mobile phones on trains and similar places when there are much loader noises going on. Eg The noise of the train and the motors.

JeffM:-) We changed doctors because of inefficiency on the doctor's part. The appointment would have been made weeks ahead and confirmed. The day of the appointment a call to the receptionist would confirm that the doctor would be present for the appointment. After a 45 minute drive one way, we found the office deserted and locked tight. Thinking the doctor may have been a bit behind schedule, but giving him the benefit of the doubt, we waited for a while and finally left in disgust to return home. This happened several times and the doctor didn't seem worried a bit when we told him why we were changing doctors. I never was once charged for any of the appointments that he didn't keep, as of course I shouldn't have and I threatened to bill him for my time, but he fluffed it off with a care less attitude. Needless to say, his practice fell apart down around his ears as we weren't the only ones this had happened to. And I definitely consider my time just as valuable as his time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

hoverfly:-) Before I begin---let me make this statement---I personally don't have anything against a person if he/she owns and uses a cell phone. It is the inconsiderate way that the phone is used. I have been in a movie threatre in the middle of a film when someones phone rang off and they were talking as loud as the film and no-one could concentrate on the film. He could have had the courteousy to turn it off as the screen suggested in the beginning. Sometimes I get the impression that to that person this is some sort of badge. "Look at me---I have a cell phone and I am very important so I will talk very loudly so you will notice just how important I am". And like you say---they generally talk more loudly than they need to. No consideration at all for other people. Firefox:-) You may be right, but as I don't travel by train as you do, I can't comment one way or the other on that fact. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Another pet hate--- 1. School kids who drop candy wrappers and chip bags on my front lawn while eating their way to school in the morning instead of using a garbage can. 2. Drivers using handycapped parking spaces when not authorized to do so. 3. When shopping in a store and wanting to check your purchases out at a cash register and a salesperson can't be found anywhere to wait on you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Another Pet Hate:-) 1. A police car sounding his siren just to get around traffic standing at a stop-light and then turning it off after clearing the intersection when obviously there isn't an emergency---not wanting to sit in traffic with the rest of us. 2. A senior citizen who constantly rams her buggy into your back while waiting in a check-out line in a supermarket trying to get you to move faster when the person in front of you is the one tying up everything. 3. Old people in line at a fast food joint who can't decide what food they want and keep changing their order while the rest of the line would just love to be up front far enough to place theirs. Dawn HH

Another Pet Hate:-)

2. A senior citizen who constantly rams her buggy into your back while waiting in a check-out line in a supermarket trying to get you to move faster when the person in front of you is the one tying up everything.

Dawn HH

You could always take the comedian Jack Dee's solution - take the 'Next Customer' thing from the conveyor belt, say "This is you" (poking them with it is optional) then throw it as far down the aisle as you can!

Emma

We meet it every day, don't we.

The trouble is that our "fuse" is getting shorter and shorter.

The community seems to "squeeee" us harder and harder and it has to come out somewhere. The merry-go-round spins faster and faster, but you are STUCK.

Could write a book about it. :D

Is JUDGEMENT an unknown word nowadays?

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

Another pet hate:-) 1. High heeled shoes badly scuffed from driving in them. Male or female---we can all alude to this one. 2. Kids screaming and running wild in stores ignoring parents small efforts to get them to behave themselves. Some parents do an excellent job to control the children, while most parents ignore them completely as if they don't belong to them. We all know who runs that family. 3. Children in the family dining section of a restaurant screaming and crying to get parents attention sometimes to the point of throwing a tantrum. Cheers--- Dawn HH