Another pet hate

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ones who don't pick up after them selves.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

People who say they'll do something and then wimp off later because they "don't feel like it". Many is the time when I've attended some party/engagement/meeting or other when I was feeling crap, because I regard my personal position as secondary to letting other people down.

Boy you hit a nerve there Firefox! That's one of my greatest pet peves!! I know a few people like that. These people always seem to be entertaining "better offers" after they've made plans already. Very self-centered sorts if you ask me........... Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I'm afraid women tend to be a bit guilty on this one as well. You often hear people say "Oh, it's a woman's right to change her mind." Maybe that is so, the same as a man has a right, but it's also my right to think that's a shallow spineless person. I hope this doesn't stir up too much controversy. It's "pet hates", remember, not a full pitched battle :smile:

Hates, peeves, what you will, I don't think I could start writing about mine without overloading the space on the server. I don't hate, so let us say, peeved. Mine? Ignorant People, and in particular, ignorant people who act like they aren't AND are rude about it. Maybe a rocket to the moon can save me from this. I see it almost every day at work. I cannot tolerate it any longer, but I have no choice.

My pet hate?: When you let people out of a side turning and they don't even acknowledge. People who drive down the empty right turn lane and then force their way in the straight on lane. Any kind of queue jumper. People who claim a right to special treatment because of their gender or ethnic origin. People who are registered as disabled and yet are fit enough to go kick-boxing.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 weeks later...

People driving down the highway that weave in and out at a high rate of speed, narrowly missing other cars. People who ask "Do you work here?" when you plainly have a vest, nametag, etc. on already. People who come into our tech support forums claiming they are network admins and other types of tech gods - and yet can't do the simplest diagnostic tests! I'd go on, but I figure that's enough at least for now.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I agree with them all. Couple of points, Tailgating: This can be easily avoided on multi laned roads, simply just change lanes, has worked every time to date for me. Mobile phones: try hand free, most countries have laws in place that allow the police to impose an impost (fine) for using non hands free whilst one is driving. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Talking on a mobile phone, even with a hands free kit, can be dangerous as your mind isn't completely on the road. A few accidents have still happened due to them. You have been warned! Anyway : Pet hates! People who channel hop with the remote on the television. They know there's nothing on but they continue anyway

• 3 weeks later...

Posted on behalf of shyguy: We all have our own particular likes discussed here in the forum, but what about your pet hates? I hate seeing a pair of heels which are badly scuffed at the tip. And also those people lucky enough to have heels which are left discarded in a cupboard with everything else crushing them. One other is feet too big or small for the backless open toe shoes they are in. UUUGGHH

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

During my short (21 month) Truckdriving "career", I aquired a few PET PEEVES: People who would pass my truck on the freeway, then pull back in front and SLOW DOWN so I had to jam on my brakes and turn off the cruise control. California truck driving laws that forced you to drive in the right hand MERGE lane only, and the so-called legislators that announced to the votors that this was a SAFETY LAW! People who didn't take (or pay attention in) physics in school: Who told me that since I had 5 axles (10 brake drums/disks) that I could stop quicker than they could since they had only 2 axles (4 brake drums/disks). For the possibly uninformed or unintuitive, a short mathematical explanation: 80,000lbs divided by 10 = 8,000lbs per brake; vs 4,000lbs divided by 4 = 1,000lbs per brake. and finally... Having to change into manly footwear every time I got out of my truck because I didn't want to answer the question "Why are you wearing high heels?" (or worse) at a truck stop, state hiway scale ("chicken coop"), etc. _________________ Hi-Heels and Back-Zipper Pants Forever... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-20 09:19 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

And one more: The assumption made by all major department stores that all fat men (waist measurement over 36) are short (inseam less than 34). The main reason why I wear women's jeans? It is easier to find long inseams in my equivalent size (18-20 if hiphugging, 22 if not) than in men's sizes!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

It seems some people just can't be botherd to learn how to use a search engine properly. They'd rather spend 10 minutes posting on message boards and then time checking back to see what replies, if any, they get over the nexy few days. Using a search engine effectively is an art and something that should be taught in schools. It's as essential as basic literacy skills in today's information driven scoiety.

I think the people you're refering to are usually too lazy to even look into the "links" section of most web sites, let alone mastering the art of using search engines. It's always darkest just before it goes totally black!!! :smile: Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

On 2002-05-20 12:11, azraelle wrote:

And one more:

The assumption made by all major department stores that all fat men (waist measurement over 36) are short (inseam less than 34).

The main reason why I wear women's jeans?

It is easier to find long inseams in my equivalent size (18-20 if hiphugging, 22 if not) than in men's sizes!

Being both overweight and short, I have the opposite problem, ie anything in my waist size (elephant) is made with a leg length of about twice as long as my stumps. Always have to have them taken up. Thought maybe I should wear higher heels to take up the extra length.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly