Losing desire for heels?

sscotty727

I might need tame it a while, I got home tonight and can barely walk, the bottoms of my feet (the balls of my feet) are VERY sore. One is actually black (maybe bruised?). I might go back to my slighty heeled slide tennis shoes until my feet heel. I am actually walking with my feet sideways now:( I think the hidden heels were a bit much after an hour fast walk today at lunch. Will have to keep you all posted. Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Maybe you should leave your heel lifts out until you can condition the balls of your feet to the constant pounding of the pavement. This will also give you a chance to properly break your new shoes into fitting your feet correctly for lengthy lunch-time walks. The more daily walks you take, the more toughened the balls of your feet can get. You have to take it easy and build up to it. Your body will let you know. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Ouch! Scotty! Hope this doesn't impede your walking... But if it does, better to let your feet heel for 3 to 5 days than push that, too. The last thing you need is a foot problem. That'll kill your walking and your heeling. Yeah, it took me about a week to get back into heels - I had to go with flats for two weeks to let a tendon in my right ankle heal. Fortunately, I have several heels of varying heights, and tonight was the last day of ramping things back up. I wore my 4-1/4" "trainers" for about 2 hours tonight, without problems, so I'm back up to speed.

Hey Gene, I think I overdid it the past two days by walking very briskly in my heeled shoes for 30mins Monday and then 60mins Tuesday (including steps). Then putting the higher hidden heels in didn't help matters. Although my feet hurt like h*ll lastnight, I still finished out my 10,000 steps. Today I wore the heels (without the hidden heels) to get used to wearing them (as Dawn said) but didn't do my walking at work. I will do my 10,000 steps at home with reasonable shoes. Tomorrow and Friday I will wear my slide in tennis shoes (mild heel) and do 60mins each day. I won't let a little pain knock me off course with my walking. Scotty

This is all weird! :) I thought i was the only one who got stressed out if i could'nt wear my heels! Seems to be rather common.I too go through phases,mostly enforced due to my wife's dislike of heel wearing or if i get very busy with life/work heel wearing tends to take a back seat.But i'm always on the look out for new styles! :D

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Genebujold:-) I'm glad that you are back in the saddle again with your heels after your injury. Keep heeling, good buddy. Sscotty727:-) Take things easy and don't rush your progress and you will soon be on the road again. I must be lucky as I haven't had any injuries from wearing heels. Good fit is the key. Bladerunner:-) I don't get stressed from not wearing heels and I don't lose my desire for heels either. I wear them every day. I'm quite an up-beat person personality wise. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I also find that my desire for heels ebbs and flows, but never completely goes away. Sometimes I can go for weeks in normal, ordinary, boring men's shoes but eventually my system times out and I have to wear something with a heel for a while. I generally do not leave my little corner of the world in heels, I just strut around the house and maybe out in the yard if the weather is nice (I live out in the woods, very secluded). I have, on a few occasions, ventured out in public in heels (what a rush!) and the world didn't stop spinning! In fact for the most part, nobody noticed! If I am going out, I stay with the more conservative block-type heels, and generally on a boot, and with long-ish pants to hide most of the heel. Personally, I do believe that a stiletto heel (though they are fun to wear and I have a few pairs) looks out-of-place on a man while a block heel does not. (My own opinion here, no offense intended.) I have discovered (the hard way) that if you find a pair of heels that you like you might just as well hang on to them. When you're in an "off-mood", put them in a box and store them away in a place where they will be secure because your mood will change. (I realize this is easy for me to do, living alone and owning my home.) If you purge your stock you will regret it! There's nothing worse than wishing you could find that perfect pair again, especially after the fickle winds of fashion have rendered them unavailable. And when your mood does change, it's a thrill to bring your old friends back out into the daylight. I find I like to take a pair of heels along when traveling (on the road -- I don't fly -- ever) and I tend to wear them more when in unfamiliar places, places where I will not be recognized. I doubt if I could explain a pair of heels to somebody I've known for any length of time so I don't risk it. And the vast majority of people have no reason to care what I have on my feet!

Have a happy time!

Hey Gene,

I think I overdid it the past two days by walking very briskly in my heeled shoes for 30mins Monday and then 60mins Tuesday (including steps). Then putting the higher hidden heels in didn't help matters. Although my feet hurt like h*ll lastnight, I still finished out my 10,000 steps. Today I wore the heels (without the hidden heels) to get used to wearing them (as Dawn said) but didn't do my walking at work. I will do my 10,000 steps at home with reasonable shoes. Tomorrow and Friday I will wear my slide in tennis shoes (mild heel) and do 60mins each day. I won't let a little pain knock me off course with my walking.

Scotty

Uh, think twice. As perhaps one of the only certified gimps on this board who learned the hard way, once you've learned the hard way, it's game over.

Scotty - don't let a "little pain" knock you off your course with your walking.

Rather, let that "little pain" give you pause for thought for at least a week until your feet are completely healed.

What's one week compared to the rest of your life?

Don't make the mistake I made and "push through the pain." That's nothing more than an ignorant, stupid, and idiotic athletic coach's plea for you to put 10.87 seconds of glory ahead of the rest of your life.

Stay off your feet for a week and let them heel! Er, heal!

If I were your doctor, that would be an order.

Otherwise, you run a very severe chance of permanently damaging the connective tissue which pads the ball of your foot, in which case you will never be able to wear heels, and you'll find ordinary walking quite painful.

No, I'm not a doctor. Just a learned man.

It's only one week, Scotty...

Genebujold:-)

I'm glad that you are back in the saddle again with your heels after your injury. Keep heeling, good buddy.

Hi, Dawn HH - will do! In fact, I'm wearing these 4-1/4" very comfortable sandals tonight as "trainers" so that when I go street-heeling in my 4" boots, walking the "big blocks" of Vegas (easily 2 miles in an evening) is no big deal:

Posted Image

I really don't care what the heels look like around the house, provide their comfortable - that's my main concern.

But around town, to me, style is everything, and I do what I can to ensure everything complements not only myself, but my most significant other! Thus, I wear my Franco Sartos (left) or another flattering heel, along with the approprite clothes.

Gene, Yesterday I wore my heels (the ones pictured here) and didn't walk at work, just at home (did my 10,000 steps). Today I wore my lower slide tennis shoes, did 1hr at work and the rest of the 10,000 at home. My feet feel alot better and they are looking better. I feel good that I haven't missed a workout at all. I have come too far to go back to not working out, but I appreciate your concerns. Truth be told? I would trade being back in shape with heel wearing any day! But it looks like I won't have to trade either. Take care, Scotty

Genebujold:-)

WOW!!! What crazy looking trainers. Seriously, if they get you out on the street again, that's all you can ask. Enjoy, and keep healing---ER---Heeling. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yeah, they're crazy-looking all right. And the one remnant my wife didn't want me to try on when she went shoe-crazy two months ago (I included most in my pictoral).

But these she put into a closet. I found them, tried them on, and discovered that despite their higher heel, they were more comfortable than the rest, so have been wearing them ever since.

My wife has since threatened to die the white squares to black, and all squares to flat...

Ok by me! I just like the way they fit my foot!

Uh, think twice. As perhaps one of the only certified gimps on this board who learned the hard way, once you've learned the hard way, it's game over.

Scotty - don't let a "little pain" knock you off your course with your walking.

Rather, let that "little pain" give you pause for thought for at least a week until your feet are completely healed.

What's one week compared to the rest of your life?

Don't make the mistake I made and "push through the pain." That's nothing more than an ignorant, stupid, and idiotic athletic coach's plea for you to put 10.87 seconds of glory ahead of the rest of your life.

Stay off your feet for a week and let them heel! Er, heal!

If I were your doctor, that would be an order.

Otherwise, you run a very severe chance of permanently damaging the connective tissue which pads the ball of your foot, in which case you will never be able to wear heels, and you'll find ordinary walking quite painful.

No, I'm not a doctor. Just a learned man.

It's only one week, Scotty...

Actually my idea of backing off the heels but not the walking paid off. I still haven't missed a day at over 10,000 steps and this week am back in my heels and also walking. Yesterday I did 1hr in heels and today did 30mins. My feet feel pretty good too. Also I think I need to buy smaller pants now and tapered shirts.

Scotty

I don't know if it goes away. however, i've chatted with some guys that take their heels off after sex because they don't want to sleep while wearing them (afraid they'll poke holes in the sheets.) :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

But around town, to me, style is everything, and I do what I can to ensure everything complements not only myself, but my most significant other! Thus, I wear my Franco Sartos (left) or another flattering heel, along with the approprite clothes.

I couldn't agree with you more! It's not NEARLY enough just to wear shoes, I feel it's equally important that the clothes you wear with them be as tasteful and stylish as possible. That's the mantra I live by. If anything, I sometimes obsess over looking my best while in public. Presenting a proper, tasteful image while out and about in heels helps to destroy the image of what we do as being weird or perverted.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB:-) I quite agree with what you say, that it should be a complete look with the heels and as stylish as possible to match everything as best as you can for a total look. I try to do the same as you to achieve a complete presentment. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I try to do the same as you to achieve a complete presentment.

"Complete presentment". Yes, a very good term indeed! And for me, that's worked out very well. More often than not over the last several months, I've been complimented more on my clothes than my shoes. Everyone's long used to seeing me in heels (most of my co-workers say I'd look weird in men's shoes), so the only time I turn heads these days is when I wear new shoes, or something completely different, like my red patent pumps! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yes I am loosing interest in wearing my plats, BIGTIME, The only time I can wear 'em is while I' am at my computer (I'm NOT wearing them now!, they are getting a holiday for a while!) yes my "fixation" -yes it is a fixation NOT a fetish, is rather weak currently, it'll be back though, I know that, I just hope I get a chance to mess around with a certain Datsun 120Y to keep it down! (I'm not depressed , I'm happy to go without my plats for awhile!) later, TXT-1

TXT-1:-) For you it might be nice to take a rest from your plats for a while, but one day your plats will just be itching to get your tootsies back into them so you can go somewhere and give them a proper work-out. I never take a rest from my heels as I wear them every day. Cheers--- Dawn HH