Got my new heels!

TabascoTesa

I got my highest-ever stilletto heels today! They are lovely strappy sandals with a quarterstrap, a strap down the vamp, and a strap across the toe. I measured them at a hair over 4". Walking in them is surprisingly easy (I've had higher platformy/chunky heels before, but never a very thin stiletto like these.) I'll take a picture as soon as I can get my hands on a digital camera :D 4" heels might be an everyday thing to some of you, but I'm just "coming back to" my love of heels after a long departure, and since I have a smallish bunion, finding a good quality pair of heels is a very big deal to me! So I'd just like to say a big thanks to everybody here for helping me reinstate my love of heels. I probably won't be wearing these for any extended periods of time (yet) but they're a great start. :D

Good for you, Honey! I might suggest a pair of SexyShoes (Leslie Shoe Company US) 4.5" closed toe stiletto pumps style #4211. They come in your size (12 US), in virtually EVERY colour and are $30! I'm also fond of their 5.25" Stilettos, too. Over the years I have had very positive experiences with them and because I wear an 11 US size is no problem. And don't forget the Ambesol! Clik-clik-clik . . . Ciao, Anita

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

:D Too bad--I'm probably returning these (Them's the breaks when you buy on the Internet.) The arch doesn't really accomodate my foot shape and the toe part of the sandal is much too long. I'm not getting a size down, because I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work right either. It's amazing how, with flat shoes, a half size doesn't matter, but a heel has to work properly for the arch and rise of your particular foot shape! Ah well. A good friend saw how distraught I was and marched me downtown to the nearest Payless. We asked the sales representative whether or not there were any boots left in my size in the back. To my surprise and delight there was a pair of inexpensive, round-toed calf boots with a heel that was 3.75 inches, on the dot! The heel is flared a little at the bottom and is basically a very narrow blade. So my shoe adventures ended up a little differently than I thought they would, but I'm glad I didn't have to end up heel-less at the end of the day. I'll let you know about my adventures in my new boots! (I always want boots in the summer and sandals in the winter. I'm bizarre like that. So it works out. :D

Have you tried Zappos for buying on the web? The advantage is they have a very wide range of styles and a good returns policy. Also, you can read about the shoes with the customer reviews. Many styles only go up to size 10 though.

Also try http://www.extratall.co.uk/

It's good for both American and UK links for larger sizes, if you haven't been before.

Sadly enough, Zappos offers rather few high-heeled styles in women's size 12. Fewer still are within my price range (there are some very pretty designer-style shoes in larger sizes, but as a senior in college who is graduating in 1.5 weeks, I hardly have the cash flow for them.) I'm so addicted to shoes that finding a new shoe site almost surprises me, since it seems I've been to nearly all the "big" ones on the Internet. I have tried more "fetishy" sites as well, but since I'm moving soon I can't count on something to ship in time, and with some sites I've waited a month or more to get my merchandise. Once I'm gainfully employed, of course, I'll go back to my shoe addiction with bravado.

Tabasco I have dealt with the Leslie Shoe Company for many years , because I have a little width problem , I wear a size 12 US ladies and never had a problem with thier shoes , or returning them they have a good selection for larger sizes....Ray

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya Tahira! Where'ya been so long? Welcome back. Like the new sandals. Nice high heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Bubba, thank you for welcome me. I was pretty busy doing some stuff. Also, I've been on Yahoo chatroom on webcam in the Fetish Room -> Personal Chat -> Crossdressing Room. It's fun to be there. Anyway, I'm glad you loved my pic. Big Hugs. Tahira Bontiel.