World's most Dangerous Questions...

To carry on a subject from another area... What do you thing is the world's most dangerous question? I suggested it was... "Can you do me a favour?" Because answering yes could mean anything, possibly result in poverty, injury, or death. Can you think of any other Dangerous questions people can ask? Questions that make you cringe, questions that could spell disaster no matter how you answer? Not to spoil it, but I think another is when a woman like myself asks "Do I look fat?"

Wife asking husband "Does my bum look big in this?"

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Wife asking Husband "Does my hair look OK?"

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

I'm not sure about dangerous questions, but I have a few dangerous STATEMENTS: 1. Trust me! 2. I know what I'm doing. 3. Don't worry about it. 4. I've done this before. This is bad enough, but if someone says: Trust me, I know what I'm doing! Don't worry about it..I've done this before.... RUN! RUN LIKE HECK because something is about to BLOW UP!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

" What are you thinking about? " I remember my best (and 100% honest) answer one occasion was 'the design of infrasonic bass speakers'. The reply to this was 'Oh'. It's surprising how much emphasis can be put into a mere monosyllable. Amongst other things, it conveyed that I was in the doghouse again !

I don't know about dangerous questions, but I once had a friend to whom you only had to say: "I've never been there before", and you'd end up going! We once drove 9 hours to get to Land's End in Cornwall because a mutual friend made the dreaded observation. On another occassion three of them ended up sleeping overnight in Paris airport with absolutely no money! Mind you, these trips were an absolute hoot!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, a very dangerous question to ask me would be "You wear heels, are you gay?" I'm a very laid back person IRL, and the last time I got into a fight was at school when I was 13. However, if someone said that to me I would have to restrain myself from flooring them. Not that I ever would, but I would think they were extremely ignorant, and I'd have nothing more to do with that person. (Just an aside but a lot of the Questions seem to be about women fishing for compliments. Why do people fish for compliments? Look your best and if people like it they will tell you. If they tell you without asking then they're more likely to mean it) _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-24 15:15 ]</font>

It never makes me feel uncomfortable. I just say "You look great". There is no other answer, which is why it is not really a proper question! If I say "You look great", and they didn't ask, then they know I mean it. If they fished it might or might not be true

Following on from the 'fishing for compliments' idea .... Having been caught out before, I prepare a totally 'off the wall' response to the 'what are you thinking about' question. If, at the time, I'm thinking something along the lines 'God this is boring, I'd rather be sailing close hauled into a force 7', then, to keep the domestic peace, I have something innocuous to say.

Let's get away from this trivial man/woman stuff and ask the Nuclear Option question. If you have a dark side, you will appreciate:- What's the point of it all .... why bother ? (sorry, Laurie, if this presses too many buttons)

On 2002-03-25 19:19, xaphod wrote:

Let's get away from this trivial man/woman stuff and ask the Nuclear Option question.

If you have a dark side, you will appreciate:-

What's the point of it all .... why bother ?

(sorry, Laurie, if this presses too many buttons)

It does press many buttons, maybe because I ask that question a lot these days. I'm still smiliing so the need to apologize is not important, I am fine with it.

Dentist asking patient "Tell me when it hurts"

Usually, I'll respond and say "Oh, hey....don't forget to (what they said). There...now I've fulfilled my obligation". Only best done between good friends though, since some don't get the humor in it.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

To quote Yamyam

"I think the most dangerous question is "What's the worst that can happen?"

.... this reminds me of a joke

'Cheer up .... things could be worse'

So he cheered up, and yes, things did get worse.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually once asked a (very pretty) cashier that about a button on her till. My friend jogged me and I pushed it by mistake and the thing went crazy. Needless to say, I didn't get the date!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

On 2002-03-25 19:19, xaphod wrote:

What's the point of it all .... why bother ?

Actually, I'm having a slight attack of that just now :smile: .

OBDangerousQuestions:

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" - especially when said by salesperson to technical person.

"I put the CD in and ran setup - now what?"

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Not (necessarily) a dangerous question, but, I'd really like to know, How do you complement a (usually) girl who is dressed in a gothic way? Here in So.Utah the Gothic look, which I rather like, is looked upon with about the same amount of favor (by the cops, the ruling majority, the predominent religion, most employers, etc) as a guy wearing stilletto heels and a dress. I would think that someone in goth dress would appreciate all the support She or He could get, but as an extreme introvert, I don't know, and would hate to offend..

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

On 2002-05-07 17:40, DesertHeeler wrote:

How about this for a dangerous question:

"What is the meaning of life?"

That's easy. Life is about survival. Haven't you ever noticed how people don't want to die? They want to live! They want to survive.

It is very basic and doesn't encompass much of the human drama in life, but it is a start. Of course, if you are looking for the meaning behind life existing, that I cannot answer. I can only say what we need to do as we live. And that is keep living.

This is only a dangerous question if it comes up after drinking a bit too much in a group of friends.

On 2002-05-07 10:38, azraelle wrote:

How do you complement a (usually) girl who is dressed in a gothic way? I would think that someone in goth dress would appreciate all the support She or He could get, but as an extreme introvert, I don't know, and would hate to offend..

You need to get a feel for the goth culture. A big, bright happy compliment is not going to go over well. You'll need to keep the comment subtle and simple. Such as "Hey, cool dress." and you leave it there. Why? Different goths have different quirks. Some are looking to stand out and be different, and they aren't happy about society. If you don't look goth, they might not respond to a lot of verbal interaction.

I was a bit gothy, I can relate a bit. I was happy to be left alone and stick with friends. I was a bit shy and introverted when in goth mode, and it was about expressing inner turmoil. I didn't want to have someone talk to me about it.

So keep it simple, and in passing. Just a few words, and don't dwell on the subject. If the goth can handle more talk, you'll get a response.

• 2 months later...