Domestic electrical repairs in high heels

bob2hh

Just a few days ago the lamp in the toilet ceiling died.

The very next day, my wife bought a replacement lamp. My surprise was that when I arrived home she handed the lamp to me and told me “why don’t you get your cool sandals on and get the lamp fixed?”.

I have to confess I never would have had such a clever idea!

And It worked fine, it saved me from going to the house warehouse for a stair, since I could reach the ceiling by hand (with these I am 1,95 mts!).

This is a pic of the sandals. 18,5 cms high.

Posted Image

Besides this, you can even forget turning the house power off. Could you think of a better electrical insulation than having 9 cms of cork under your feet?

This proves that high heels not always are unpractical. A reason more to keep one such pair in house, they can be perfect for electrical repair works at home.

Best regards,

Bob.

Great idea, maybe the start of a hot tips for heel lovers thread :D Changing bulbs without a ladder, the obvious banging in nails with a heel (I know it's sacrilege). Any one got anymore?

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Bob2hh if you have a wife or partner who isnt into heels them maybe you could convince her of the practicle reasons for wearing such heels, always ready to change a light globe and sweep the cobwebs from the ceiling, painting etc :D Jeff

If I'm wearing hi=heeled boots, I can clean the windshield of my 4WD Blazer a lot easier (and could in fact clean the windshield of my long haul truck when I was truck-driving without a step-ladder, or getting on the fender).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

With that much extra insulation, you probably would not even need to turn off the power :D I quite often wonder why the hell I can't reach something on top of a cupboard around the house and then rember I was probably wearing 3 or 4 inch heels when I put it there. .

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new here, but I just love talking about shoes, so I'm going to add this :D I had to repaint our stairwell at my parents' house a few summers ago--ceiling and textured walls. Some ceilings on stairwells slope WITH the stairs; back home it doesn't (so for about 20 feet of the length of the stairs, the ceiling is as high as the second floor's ceiling, and for the last ten feet or so the ceiling drops off a "cliff" to be as high as the first floor's ceiling.) Make any sense? No? Okay, good. So I bought some horrible, horrible 5" platform flip-flops (You know, the ones that look like small tugboats sliced out of great slabs of EVA) for like $5. To paint the ceiling I got the largest extension on the roller that I could and rigged a platform by placing a long plank of wood on the top stair and balancing the other end on a ladder placed at ground level. As a woman who stands 5'10" barefoot, I'm not really short, but without those hideous things I'd have had a tough time painting that ceiling. I think I got paint all over them and threw them out. Anyway, that was my story.