Which Gel Insert?

alphax

Question

What's everyone's experiences with the various gel inserts for high heels?

I wind up buying the cheapest kind with a rubbery surface to stop the insert and my foot from slipping.

The fancier ones that feel smooth and have a skin I would think would be too slippery and they also feel thinner than the ones I buy.

I also see the inserts that are full length with arch support, but those also look a bit thin in the ball of foot area.

Online, I see there are pads that have toe loops to keep the pad in place in relation to the foot.

So which inserts do you personally like and why do you prefer those over others you've tried?

Edited by alphax

6 answers to this question

I wear gel ball of foot pads in my heels and peeptoes cause fitting an insole is just too tight! 

If i've got a big night out at a wedding or partay, I (just recently) get sports taping for my arches from my Podiatrist. It's bit costly but I'm comfortable to dance the night

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:45 PM, alphax said:

What's everyone's experiences with the various gel inserts for high heels?

I wind up buying the cheapest kind with a rubbery surface to stop the insert and my foot from slipping.

The fancier ones that feel smooth and have a skin I would think would be too slippery and they also feel thinner than the ones I buy.

I also see the inserts that are full length with arch support, but those also look a bit thin in the ball of foot area.

Online, I see there are pads that have toe loops to keep the pad in place in relation to the foot.

So which inserts do you personally like and why do you prefer those over others you've tried?

I have used SOFSole Ball-of-Foot Cushion pad before. They worked well, provided good cushion but they were slippery as you mentioned in your post. I bought some ball-of-foot cushions from Shoe Show store which were made with cork (I believe) but they provided a non-slippery surface which is great to have when wearing higher heels as they keep my foot from sliding forward, especially in open-toe heels. They were not as expensive as gel heels but did both needs pretty well...cushion and a good surface. Also I have found the tape on gel inserts to be not as stable (sticky) as the cork insoles I use.

• Like 1

This is a great topic indeed...I have tried to Dr. Scholl's ball/gel inserts with limited success a few years ago.  I didn't get much pain relief and the darn things moved around too much in my boots.  I haven't had much problems with pain in the last year or so, but again would like to get some good inserts as I move up to 5" heels for my next pair of boots....

7 hours ago, pebblesf said:

This is a great topic indeed...I have tried to Dr. Scholl's ball/gel inserts with limited success a few years ago.  I didn't get much pain relief and the darn things moved around too much in my boots.  I haven't had much problems with pain in the last year or so, but again would like to get some good inserts as I move up to 5" heels for my next pair of boots....

Try Aldo's...about $8 each. Get the ones with the cloth top and it will prevent your foot from slipping.

9 hours ago, Cali said:

Try Aldo's...about $8 each. Get the ones with the cloth top and it will prevent your foot from slipping.

Thanks for the advice Cali, will definitely stop in at the Aldo store the next time I'm in the mall.