What's so good about Jimmy Choo?

Cali

This might be considered heresy by some here, but I mean no harm.  Last year I had a multi-hour wait at an international airport for my flight to board so I was checking out the Duty Free shops and there was a Jimmy Choo store.  $2500 shoes.  Since I had the time to waste and there was no one shopping the store I was chatting up the sales lady while looking at the shoes.  I wanted to experience what a $2500 shoe felt like, so I asked to try on a pair.  Sadly they only carried up to a size 7 (mostly Asian clients).  The sale woman had never tried on a pair either since she was a size 8.  So has anybody tried or even owns a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes?  Where would you wear such shoes?  What makes them so special???

Thanks in advance...Inquisitive minds want to know.

I think your sampling was inadequate. Go to Nordstrom.com and search for Jimmy Choo. Many of the styles come in sizes up to US women's 12, and most are in the $500-700 range, which is many times my budget, but less than $2500. Stop in at Nordstrom's and try them on to see for yourself if they're special or not, and whether they're worth the premium. My guess is that "expensive is in the eye of the beholder." I don't own any myself, and probably never will.

Steve

• Like 1

I take a US women's 10, so i really just wanted to do something while waiting for the plane and I thought why not try on shoes and at that price I just needed to try those on.

Say, if you're really keen on Jimmy Choo and have a bit of spare cash in your kick - being well heeled, so to speak - you could always buy the brand and make it your business to be certain they faithfully produce sizes up to 14+ in every colour and style. I see the holding company that owns Jimmy Choo is  putting the brand up for sale - seeking a cool £700 million. A bargain at twice the price, no doubt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39690196

Something to consider anyway :cheeky:

Edited by Shyheels