The High Heeled Ruminations Of Melrose Plant

mlroseplant

33 minutes ago, Puffer said:

Thigh boots with heels (but not perhaps stiletto) would be of benefit in such an environment.   Why not push the boat out?

I do wear OTK boots with heels (and without) and they are a benefit - especially on cold mornings, either inside or standing at the tiller. Stilettos though would not only be silly but dangerous)

34 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I do wear OTK boots with heels (and without) and they are a benefit - especially on cold mornings, either inside or standing at the tiller. Stilettos though would not only be silly but dangerous)

Yes, I quit wearing high heels in silly situations a long time ago. Some would argue that no, that's not the case, but you don't catch me mowing lawns or doing any sort of heavy lifting in heels anymore.  I seriously doubt that I'll ever visit Disney World or any of its iterations, but if I did, I'd probably wear heels. That is undoubtedly bordering on silliness, but silliness that I'm aware of and can deal with.

The 20,000 steps wouldn't bother me too much, as long as it was on pavement of some sort. I have proven that a number of times in the past few years, exploring the limits of my stamina in heels. However, I still don't like to walk more than a few steps on anything soft like dirt or grass.

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but my son and I noted last weekend that our two "big" lawns, and by "big" I mean about half an acre, require substantially more steps to mow than do our four "small" lawns combined.

It's also thick padding under rugs in plush hotels. I had troble in my JS 4+" knee highs and had to switch to my impo 3.5" high calf boots the next day. Several women told me that they had trouble in heels at the convention and asked how I managed to over come the challenge.

Yeah, squidgy carpet can be precarious! Our church used to have such carpet, and I have always thought it was very unfriendly to high heels. Not a big problem now, but it certainly must have been when the carpet was installed originally. By that I mean back in the day when women actually wore high heels. In fact, I once wrote a standup comedy routine which contained reference to the squidgy carpet. I never got to try it out because of our international health issue. The carpet is now gone, replaced with some sort of industrial grade carpet that seems to be installed with little or no padding. This benefits everyone in three ways: 1) Steadier footing, especially in heels. 2) The pipe organ now sounds noticeably more brilliant, due to more effective reverb. 3) No one will ever have to listen to my comedy routine. It was terrible!

• Haha 2